Slippery Grips

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2008 7:09 AM

To all riders who have shit sessions, injured wrists and have to wear gloves due to slippery/sweaty grips: I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION.

I added a tennis Pro Kennex Overwrap grip to my BMX Fly Rubens. This barely added any thickness only now, after ten minutes of riding in the hot sun, sweat on my grips wouldn't make the grips slippery. Before I would have to put gloves on. Yesterday, however, after having installed my tennis overwraps, I rode for 4 hours straight without the slightest proplem. Sweat actually made the grips grip better! WTF?

The model I used was called Wet Wrap. It came with three lengths of wraps, in my box, and one would easily cover a grip. I started at the flange (bit that sticks up next to the breaks) and worked my way down. At the end I cut the excess off and used the bit of tape they gave with it to stick it down. Best 6 bucks I've ever spent on my bike.

Finally a session without gloves and the excuse that my grips are slippery, hope this helps.

Post if me back if it does or if you have any questions.

|

9/28/2008 8:26 AM

post the link of this wet wrap shit

|

On My bicycle i have the freedom to do anything i put my mind to, and thats what i live for

9/28/2008 8:26 AM

as in what website is it on

|

On My bicycle i have the freedom to do anything i put my mind to, and thats what i live for

9/28/2008 8:30 AM

I tried to find it on the Pro Kennex wesite but I couldn't. If you go to a sport shop and have a look at the grips from pro kennex, they have the ratings for tack, comfort and shit on the back. The main website is www.prokennex.com

BTW, they were the first ones I bought, there weren't any others on sale, and they just happened to be good so the other ones cant be bad.

|

9/28/2008 8:33 AM

They look the same as the ones on this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Kennex-Badminton-Squash-Overgrips/dp/B000K5NAGG

Each little bundle will easily cover one grip.

|

9/28/2008 8:33 AM

haha
i dont get sweaty hands bitch

|

if u want to win a free ipod, phone, game, or almost anything, go here
http://swagbucks.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=253912

9/28/2008 8:36 AM

Well good for you, fuckface.

|

9/28/2008 8:44 AM

dude not news thats old sschool just buy some krayton rubber grips(wich most are now days) it doesnt leave the mess on ur bars

|

catch ya slipin at a light "GET OUT YO SHIT"

9/28/2008 8:46 AM

agrelon wrote:

I tried to find it on the Pro Kennex wesite but I couldn't. If you go to a sport shop and have a look at the grips from pro kennex, they have the ratings for tack, comfort and shit on the back. The main website is www.prokennex.com

BTW, they were the first ones I bought, there weren't any others on sale, and they just happened to be good so the other ones cant be bad.

you can buy thos4eat any6 sports store also

|

catch ya slipin at a light "GET OUT YO SHIT"

9/28/2008 8:47 AM

The solution is called ODI Longnecks...I even cut the flange off and about half an inch of the mushroom pattern and they literally do not slip a millimeter...you could use hairspray to put them on to add even a little extra stick, but I just used isopropyl and within a few hours, it evaporated and boom! them grips aren't moving.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

9/28/2008 8:52 AM

tibug wrote:

The solution is called ODI Longnecks...I even cut the flange off and about half an inch of the mushroom pattern and they literally do not slip a millimeter...you could use hairspray to put them on to add even a little extra stick, but I just used isopropyl and within a few hours, it evaporated and boom! them grips aren't moving.

The grips aren't rolling, It's the hand that rolls on the grip

|

9/28/2008 10:04 AM

Oops, I should have actually read your post instead of just the title...my b.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

9/28/2008 10:09 AM

I like gloves but I did rip my finger in half a couple months ago so its a comfort thing for me

|

The things you own, end up owning you... -Tyler Durden, Fight Club

9/28/2008 10:12 AM

Well, how about you at least post pictures of your solution?

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

9/29/2008 3:57 AM

JonathanAllen wrote:

Well JohnathanAllen, you can ask nicely or you can fuck off. I'm sharing my advice for people who want to take it and who have the same problem as me. If from my description you can't get it, then go back to primary school dipshit.

|

9/29/2008 1:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:24 PM

agrelon wrote:

Well JohnathanAllen, you can ask nicely or you can fuck off. I'm sharing my advice for people who want to take it and who have the same problem as me. If from my description you can't get it, then go back to primary school dipshit.

haha, just wow.

You know, I wasn't being rude but I see that you are and you want to go ahead and jump to conclusion and assume I was. But whatever dude. All I wanted was to see pictures of your creation. How nice do I have to ask? Whatever.

You're the one to tell me to go back to primary school and you can't even spell my name right when it's right in front of your face. You lose.

|

This message is brought to you by JonathanAllen.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
This is Red Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda

MOTW 5/17/2010 - 5/23/2010

10/2/2008 8:56 AM

JonathanAllen wrote:

agrelon wrote:

JonathanAllen wrote:

haha, just wow.

You know, I wasn't being rude but I see that you are and you want to go ahead and jump to conclusion and assume I was. But whatever dude. All I wanted was to see pictures of your creation. How nice do I have to ask? Whatever.

You're the one to tell me to go back to primary school and you can't even spell my name right when it's right in front of your face. You lose.

Fair enough, you make a fair point. How do I pt pictures up?

|