Small team or sponsorship

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2013 9:13 AM

I'm 13 going on 14 in October, and I've been riding constantly for 2 years now and I'm looking for a small sponsorship or team to ride for. Hit me up if you are interested in seeing any footage.

|

8/19/2013 9:18 AM

Willing to ride for any small company to promote it to other riders.

|

8/19/2013 9:23 AM

You'll never get sponsored like that. Being sponsored isn't anything special.

|

fack off

8/19/2013 9:24 AM

Ps, fuck off. Stay in school, ect.

|

fack off

8/19/2013 9:59 AM

That is not the way to go about it.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/19/2013 10:23 AM

i cant help you with sponsorship but id still like to see some clips of you

|

8/19/2013 10:24 AM

He could probably get on misfit cartel's grind wax team.

|

8/19/2013 10:26 AM

Here is a tip... Get good enough to be sponsored. If you aren't sponsored you aren't good enough.

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/19/2013 11:07 AM

trainwrex wrote:

He could probably get on misfit cartel's grind wax team.

who the fuck is misfit cartel and op i don't think coming on here asking for sponsorships is the best route to take also 2 years isnt a long time most of the sponsored guys i've seen have been doing it for like 10 or more years if it even matters

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/19/2013 11:32 AM

On a serious note, begging on a forum is definitely not the right way to go about it. I know you are super young and that is good because you have a lot of time to get better but if you want to go about the sponsorship thing there are a lot of things to do.

Go to your lbs. Better yet go to the nearest rider owned and operated BMX specific shop, if you can. Introduce yourself and make friends. Buy shit and support local BMX. Help other riders get to be as good as you and learn tricks from better riders than you. Continue being cool with that shop and the owners and techs that work there. You are gonna need them to show you the ins and outs of your local spots. Like where they are and when cops aren't there and how to/ where to set up generator lights.

Next, shred the shit out of your local parks and street spots. Find out what tricks have been done there and what tricks haven't so that you can get your tricks filmed there. be careful if you decide to throw the same trick someone else did there because your footy is gonna be compared to theirs and even if you do one up them you look like an ass.

Oh yeah filming, Hope you got a bestie or a lil bro that loves to film, because you better get on that shit. Film the fuck out of all of your riding. Even if you aren't at a spot where you are gonna throw a banger film things so you can see what you look like so you can get your style dialed and stop looking like a kook. just doing tricks isn't marketable. you want to get sponsored and go places then you better have great style and not look like a robot.

Be classy about how you film too. You arent Pro, You arent Working with a pro filmer. spend more time getting raw footage of your tricks and less time working on artsy camera angles and shit. I mean, let your filmer get his shit for edits but don't spend five hours trying to fix an angle for a trick you landed first try. Oh, and when you land a trick that is huge and takes a few tries don't look at the camera and claim it, act like you stomp that shit every time first try. as a matter of fact dont ever look at the camera after you land a trick. it looks stupid as fuck, and makes your riding look cheap. with that in mind, remember that you are not a bmx personality and you are not an established rider so dont dork around in front of the camera and definitely dont try to be funny, because you definitely arent and will look like a tool. sponsors dont wanna see that shit, they want to see bangers and big tricks and style that other kids will want to replicate. thus buy their companies shit and try to be like you!

finally once you have spent a couple years gathering bangers and footage go back to your LBS and if you are cool with them be like hey, "i have been working on a sponsor me vid, do you mind giving it a watch?" if you are good they might try to hook u up. and if you are great and really fucking cool they will definitely pass that shit on to distributors so that you can have a shot to get some flow. flow > More flow> am> pro.

im just saying thats kinda how it works. not making a thread on vital.

** also, i am not a sponsored bmx rider but i was flow sponsored as a snowboarder for a very long time and i am just assuming that its probably really fucking similar and that the same rules apply**

|

8/19/2013 12:05 PM

Sponsorships should be stumbled into

I randomly came across imperialbmx.com and they hooked me up for a while until they closed

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/19/2013 12:37 PM

future FBM wrote:

I randomly came across imperialbmx.com and they hooked me up for a while until they closed

wow thats pretty good you got any clips of you riding

|

8/19/2013 1:18 PM

trainwrex wrote:

On a serious note, begging on a forum is definitely not the right way to go about it. I know you are super young and that is good because you have a lot of time to get better but if you want to go about the sponsorship thing there are a lot of things to do.

Go to your lbs. Better yet go to the nearest rider owned and operated BMX specific shop, if you can. Introduce yourself and make friends. Buy shit and support local BMX. Help other riders get to be as good as you and learn tricks from better riders than you. Continue being cool with that shop and the owners and techs that work there. You are gonna need them to show you the ins and outs of your local spots. Like where they are and when cops aren't there and how to/ where to set up generator lights.

Next, shred the shit out of your local parks and street spots. Find out what tricks have been done there and what tricks haven't so that you can get your tricks filmed there. be careful if you decide to throw the same trick someone else did there because your footy is gonna be compared to theirs and even if you do one up them you look like an ass.

Oh yeah filming, Hope you got a bestie or a lil bro that loves to film, because you better get on that shit. Film the fuck out of all of your riding. Even if you aren't at a spot where you are gonna throw a banger film things so you can see what you look like so you can get your style dialed and stop looking like a kook. just doing tricks isn't marketable. you want to get sponsored and go places then you better have great style and not look like a robot.

Be classy about how you film too. You arent Pro, You arent Working with a pro filmer. spend more time getting raw footage of your tricks and less time working on artsy camera angles and shit. I mean, let your filmer get his shit for edits but don't spend five hours trying to fix an angle for a trick you landed first try. Oh, and when you land a trick that is huge and takes a few tries don't look at the camera and claim it, act like you stomp that shit every time first try. as a matter of fact dont ever look at the camera after you land a trick. it looks stupid as fuck, and makes your riding look cheap. with that in mind, remember that you are not a bmx personality and you are not an established rider so dont dork around in front of the camera and definitely dont try to be funny, because you definitely arent and will look like a tool. sponsors dont wanna see that shit, they want to see bangers and big tricks and style that other kids will want to replicate. thus buy their companies shit and try to be like you!

finally once you have spent a couple years gathering bangers and footage go back to your LBS and if you are cool with them be like hey, "i have been working on a sponsor me vid, do you mind giving it a watch?" if you are good they might try to hook u up. and if you are great and really fucking cool they will definitely pass that shit on to distributors so that you can have a shot to get some flow. flow > More flow> am> pro.

** also, i am not a sponsored bmx rider but i was flow sponsored as a snowboarder for a very long time and i am just assuming that its probably really fucking similar and that the same rules apply**

I have been working on all of that you just said. I've been getting a lot of film lately and am getting dialed with all of my tricks. I understand how hard it is to get a half decent sponsorship it's just anythings worth a shot. You never know who's reading what or anything.

|

8/19/2013 1:36 PM

Let's see some footage? Love watching vital user edits.

|

8/19/2013 1:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2013 1:59 PM

Futon wrote:

Let's see some footage? Love watching vital user edits.

yeah, if you are in the mindset that anything helps, footage definitely speaks for itself. if your riding is top notch then post it and see what happens. i personally promise not to flame you for posting an edit.

|

8/19/2013 2:11 PM

if youre good enough to get noticed, youll get sponsored. until then, get better, because that really is the point of bmx. "good enough" is for scooter kids and your chores.
make a few youtube edits if you really think youre that good i guess.

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/19/2013 3:03 PM

HMJ1999 wrote:

I have been working on all of that you just said. I've been getting a lot of film lately and am getting dialed with all of my tricks. I understand how hard it is to get a half decent sponsorship it's just anythings worth a shot. You never know who's reading what or anything.

they read these boards so they know who to NOT sponsor

|

fack off

8/19/2013 6:58 PM

trainwrex wrote:

lol at dorking around and trying to be funny in front of the camera reminded me of adam lz everything you said here sounds pretty solid idk if any of you guys have had a career class or something like that in high school but my career teacher always said its about who you know and making connections and shit like that it seems like he was right in a way

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/19/2013 8:08 PM

That times 1000 it's totally about who you know. A persons self and personality is his biggest asset an those who are great at networking tend go very very very much further.

|

8/19/2013 9:55 PM

i want to see some video before anything goes down

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/19/2013 10:42 PM

I want a sponsor to ! Someone get me a beer sponsor ! An Internet forum must be the place to find one !

|

8/19/2013 11:35 PM

future FBM wrote:

chad88 wrote:

wow thats pretty good you got any clips of you riding

I'm not even worth it. I do a bunch of weird shot but its not big. I dot like going really fast or high. I just get weird. I'll send you a teaser of my edit if you have an iPhone though. The edit has been prolonged do to lack of an operable bike and injuries

|

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/19/2013 11:40 PM

Future fbm do you know a good video editing App for the iPhone? I just switched from my galaxy to iPhone not long ago

|

8/19/2013 11:58 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Future fbm do you know a good video editing App for the iPhone? I just switched from my galaxy to iPhone not long ago

Splice. Very very easy, not too fancy. Lemme send you this teaser edit. I have a little bit of every function in mine

|

8/20/2013 12:02 AM

Splice cool man ill check it out

|

8/20/2013 12:06 AM

You have to be really really good to get sponsored. I'm not trying to come off as a dick but if you have only been riding for two years chances are you're not going to pick up a sponsor. I also have never seen you ride so i can't say what i said is true for you. I'm also not saying i'm any better than you because i'm probably not haha

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

8/20/2013 12:07 AM

HMJ1999 wrote:

Willing to ride for any small company to promote it to other riders.

Fuck you faggit give footage or GTFO

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/20/2013 12:22 AM

Damnit I want a beer sponsor

|

8/20/2013 12:29 AM

you don't get shit if you ask just go to jams and hope someone sees you.Or just send your clips off.

|

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!!!!

8/20/2013 3:35 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Damnit I want a beer sponsor

no a bloody scotch sponsor. maybe a little bottle that you can fit in your forks wink

|

The first breath is the beginning of death