Smaller Bars

Related:
Create New Tag

6/17/2017 11:23 PM

I've been a 10" bar fan for almost two years now running the S&M fubars and an topload stem for about 11.3" of rise which keeps my back from hurting but i'm considering switching to 9.5" sky high hoder bars, what are the pros of this? will .5" make much of a difference in my back hurting or not? any advice is appreciated

|

6/18/2017 12:08 AM

Low bars are more stable, and help with hop height. I'm 6', 36 years old, have a history of back problems, and I ride 8.5" bars with a 14mm rise stem. I've tried up to 9" bars with a 31mm rise topload, and everything in between (3 or 4 pairs of bars and 3 stems later). Where it is now feels perfect to me.
I find it most noticeable when going fast. The lower front end makes you feel glued to the ground. Fast 180's etc feel solid and like the bike isn't going to throw me off. It depends how you ride, as it's 100% personal preference (although I think everyone should try lower bars to see how it affects their confidence)

|

6/18/2017 12:10 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Low bars are more stable, and help with hop height. I'm 6', 36 years old, have a history of back problems, and I ride 8.5" ...more

i might try them then, i've noticed hopping on friends bikes that smaller bars have almost more of a snap to the hop rather than like a slow transition into the tuck

|

6/18/2017 1:38 AM

I've been riding a 9.5 and a topload for a over a year and it's probably my favourite current height after multiple stem and bar combos ... try it .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/18/2017 2:31 AM

Once I started running S&M Perfect 10 bars, I couldn't run anything lower. I'd say it's worth a shot if it's just 0.5" lower, it'll change the feel a bit for sure.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/18/2017 8:20 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Low bars are more stable, and help with hop height. I'm 6', 36 years old, have a history of back problems, and I ride 8.5" ...more

i ride 8.5" on a topload and i cant get out of bed rn lol

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/18/2017 10:20 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Once I started running S&M Perfect 10 bars, I couldn't run anything lower. I'd say it's worth a shot if it's just 0.5" ...more

that's how i feel with my fubars, i tried to run 8.5's and i was too hunched so maybe 9.5 will be just right

|

6/19/2017 11:36 AM

Well if the bars are lower then you are gonna be standing over your bike more, so maybe harder to loop out.

|

Trails not Rails

Trails YT Channel