Smashed the shit out of my Odyssey keychain...For science!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2018 9:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/15/2018 9:20 PM

Im nowhere near the heaviest, I dont know what Im doing in terms of sprocket stalls, I was not hopping on a super high ledge; but here are my results. I hope this will ease some peoples minds! I know it has boosted my confidence!

|

3/15/2018 9:22 PM

Lmao I just watched it, I got a notification, and I was like, YAAAAAAS! Doug dropped a new video! That was impressive man, that Keychain took a besting man!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/15/2018 9:48 PM

That thing took a pounding.

|

3/16/2018 1:40 AM

I'll be watching this properly later. Makes me laugh when the chickens are rocking round while your sprocket stalling things.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/16/2018 3:22 AM

Nice, maybe I'll test my cheapo chain see i it lasts until 10!

|

Hmmm

3/16/2018 6:57 AM

LOL when he tells the chickens to be quiet

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/16/2018 11:24 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Nice, maybe I'll test my cheapo chain see i it lasts until 10!

It will probably handle a bit of abuse. I know I could have kept going with the keychain but at that point I was satisfied with my findings.

|

3/16/2018 3:52 PM

Shadow Supreme would easily beat this

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/16/2018 7:31 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Shadow Supreme would easily beat this

Just bought one. Thats actually why i beat this up...just a test.

|

3/16/2018 8:36 PM

wow.... maybe... don't? like maybe somethings shouldn't be done?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/16/2018 9:53 PM

Damn that shit took a beating! Send that video to Odyssey Doug! I bet they’ll send u back a new chain and sprocket haha!! Battle tested right there!

|

3/16/2018 11:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/16/2018 11:51 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Im nowhere near the heaviest, I dont know what Im doing in terms of sprocket stalls, I was not hopping on a super high ledge; but here are my results. I hope this will ease some peoples minds! I know it has boosted my confidence!

More times then not, The chain will snap from a miss on a sprocket stall with pedal pressure applied to the chain and the chain hitting the object, not the sprocket.
-------------------
Anyways, trying to deliberately screw up a chain is not a smart thing to do, I would not even trust that chain anymore.

There is a lot of energy stored in a tensioned chain, when it snaps all the energy has to go somewhere.

|

3/18/2018 7:23 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Wayne S wrote:

More times then not, The chain will snap from a miss on a sprocket stall with pedal pressure applied to the chain and the chain hitting the object, not the sprocket.
-------------------
Anyways, trying to deliberately screw up a chain is not a smart thing to do, I would not even trust that chain anymore.

There is a lot of energy stored in a tensioned chain, when it snaps all the energy has to go somewhere.

I have purchased an all new drivetrain.

Odyssey mds with inner guard, shadow supreme chain, new antigram driver. The reason I did this test was i wanted to see what kind of abuse my unguarded chain could take. I should be receiving all my new parts in the next 10 or so days. I have plenty of backup chains as well.

I replaced all the bad rollers and links that wouldnt bend freely. The chain feels great again. Thank you gor the warning though!

|

3/18/2018 8:49 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Odyssey mds with inner guard, shadow supreme chain, new antigram driver. The reason I did this test was i wanted to see what kind of abuse my unguarded chain could take. I should be receiving all my new parts in the next 10 or so days. I have plenty of backup chains as well.

I replaced all the bad rollers and links that wouldnt bend freely. The chain feels great again. Thank you gor the warning though!

Does the Shadow chain fit on the MDS? It barely fits on my Knox and had to wear in quite a bit before it was smooth.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/18/2018 9:27 AM

Wayne S wrote:

-------------------

Bulletpup wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Does the Shadow chain fit on the MDS? It barely fits on my Knox and had to wear in quite a bit before it was smooth.

Hope so...lol if not ill run it without a guarfed sprocket.

|

3/18/2018 1:55 PM

I had to make a new account lost my old one about 7 years ago but I'm on here every day and just have to ask bulletpup why do you have rear hubguards in the front I know they come in 3/8 but their design is not ideal for the front end also loved the vid

|

I believe in hub guard protection

3/18/2018 6:27 PM

threesomemist wrote:

I had to make a new account lost my old one about 7 years ago but I'm on here every day and just have to ask bulletpup why do you have rear hubguards in the front I know they come in 3/8 but their design is not ideal for the front end also loved the vid

Im glad you re-joined! I love the uniguards, they work great wherever you put them. They might be marketed as rear hubguards but there is no reason they cant be used for the front as well. They really protect the hub AND the dropouts well! Thanks for the video complement!

|

3/18/2018 10:27 PM

you’ve done a great deed, my good sir. thank you for making your contribution

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/19/2018 5:42 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

you’ve done a great deed, my good sir. thank you for making your contribution

Youre very welcome! I feel so much more confident doing sprocket stalls now. Grinds still can peel the plates off a full link but for straight on....solid!

I have since maybe done another 40 or so same chain, just replaced the one seized up roller. no issues. Run the chain with no master links. The hollow and solod pins can be re-used like 3ish times IME.

|