Snafu Anchor Brake Lever and Astrolglide Upper Gyro Cables questions

Related:
Create New Tag

8/3/2020 12:58 PM

Hello I hope you all can help me. I recently puchased a set of SNAFU Astrolglide Upper Gyro Cables, and I planned to use it with my existing brake lever. My lever is an Odyssey lever, it came with their Evo 2.5 kit. Anyway the Astrolglide Upper Gyro Cables don't seem to fit into the barrel adjuster on the Odyssey lever. The pass through hole on the Astroglide cable end is to small to allow the Odyssey threaded barrel adjuster to pass through, which then screws into the Odyssey lever. I messed with it for awhile and thought that maybe I should buy the SNAFU Anchor Brake Lever, but I want to make absolutely sure before I buy it that it is compatible and will work the Astrolglide Upper Gyro Cable. If for some bizzare chance the lever doesn't work, what are my options.

Thanks for your advice.

|

8/3/2020 2:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2020 2:11 PM

you can use a regular barrel adjuster, it just wont thread in the lever itself. the brake tension will keep everything in place.

|

It’s all bmx

8/3/2020 2:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2020 2:46 PM

If you are skilled enough you can do what I do and slit each end of the snafu cable holder/stop about 1.5-6mm should be enough of a gap to allow the cable to pass through then you can drill out a big enough hole for the Odyssey barrel adjuster. If you decide to do it that way be careful when doing the slits you don't want to slice your inner cables. I used an angle grinder to do it but you gotta be real careful with it, other option but takes longer use a hack saw, and always take your time on things like this, never rush it. GL

|

8/3/2020 7:09 PM

take a picture of what you're talking about...

|