Snake pit

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2013 4:01 PM

So I was riding bikes the other day out of town at a new park met up with my buddy's the locals there and there happened to be a stupid amount of scooter kids riding around.....i asked my buddy if running over scooter kids was frowned upon and he replied" no it's encouraged", then just a couple minutes later he was pedaling at a hip and one scooter kid cut him off, he didn't tap the brakes or stop he just launched it and landed right on the kid and just rode away while the skaters and bikers all started laughing. In my opinion if you don't watch for people doing lines or blatantly cut them off you deserve to get mowed the fuck down, just wondering what people's opinions from other places are on if they hit the brakes or teach park ettiquite the hard way?

|

9/7/2013 4:12 PM

I snake my friends at the park sometimes, it's always just to joke around and to piss them off (nothing serious)

Getting snaked is fucking the worst

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/7/2013 4:14 PM

Joking around with fellow riders isn't bad ......but running over scooter kids isn't so bad........some of these kids where shouting out snaked right before they'd cut you off on their scooter.....when one got ran over they all got offended and left

|

9/7/2013 4:29 PM

I've had cases where maybe me and someone don't notice eachother and when we do its like squeek fest with my brakes. But I also have it when I'm going to air a quarter and the scooterfag makes eyecontact with me and drops in while I'm airing. And I'm not even gonna hit my brakes. Your fault for being an idiot and their parents fault for bringing them to a skatepark, knowing they're gonna get in the big dogs' ways.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/7/2013 4:45 PM

Skateparks aren't day cares. Parents drop their kids off for $12 a day at the park i used to always ride. And either they'd use the ramps as slides and use the park as a playground, snake you, or stand on the lip of every ramp in groups. Ill ask you nicely to move or stop what you're doing once, and if you fail to comply, I'm not stopping my line or swerving out of the way for you. And if I feel like doing a tailwhip out of the wedge that has a group of kids on it, I'm just gonna do it. Their parents signed a waver for them to ride the park. And if they get injured they get to pay for it and can't sue. So if my peg whips a chunk off of their child's dome, its not my problem. Dont be a cheapass. Send your kids to fucking daycare instead of ruining everybody else's day at the skatepark.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/7/2013 4:48 PM

I am on a "yell at stupid parents" crusade. I have no problems laying down the law on ant visor wearin', fuji water drinkin', scooter mom and dad.

I usually don't say anything until I get snaked and then it is all out war. I explain to them that we are all (their kids included) supposed to be courteous and follow park rules. Hanging out in heavy traffic and in bowls and behind transitions is strictly against the rules as well as really fucking dangerous. I also explain that collisions happen at parks and that we are all trying to reduce them.
then i explain to them that my 235 pounds airborne will fuck up their little kid and send em to the hospital and i wont be blamed because now i have fully explained to their parents in detail the rules and etiquette of the park.

sometimes the parents get pissed and storm off carrying their kid's scooter out of the park. problem solved.
sometimes they get pissed and stand offish and i call the fucking cops and have their kid ejected from the park for a day. problem solved.
most times the parents are super cool and thankful i explained how it works so that their kids have more fun and are being safer.

also if there is a mob of little fucks and a bunch o parents find the problem child call him out and ask in front of all the parents who owns him and explain the deal. by snake shaming the parents all the other parents will talk to their children so that they arent the next set of parents to look ignorant.

dont be afraid to have your homies filming these talks either because when you have evidence to show the cops that some scooter dad decided to get big balls and be a dick and get hostile you can get them perma banned from the park. and it looks good to show he hit you first when you beat the fuck out of him.

finally, if you are over the age of 12 and are deciding to be a snake then you know better and i will fucking blast you.

|

9/7/2013 4:59 PM

^fuckin right
Another thing is it starts stereotypes in a way. Honestly I've met some extremely rad little dudes at parks. Super respectable of everyone else, and as soon as they do snake someone on accident, people yell at them acting like they do it all the time. So that 2% of scooterers that actually know better get treated like shit because of it

|

9/7/2013 5:02 PM

trainwrex wrote:

I am on a "yell at stupid parents" crusade. I have no problems laying down the law on ant visor wearin', fuji water drinkin', scooter mom and dad.

I usually don't say anything until I get snaked and then it is all out war. I explain to them that we are all (their kids included) supposed to be courteous and follow park rules. Hanging out in heavy traffic and in bowls and behind transitions is strictly against the rules as well as really fucking dangerous. I also explain that collisions happen at parks and that we are all trying to reduce them.
then i explain to them that my 235 pounds airborne will fuck up their little kid and send em to the hospital and i wont be blamed because now i have fully explained to their parents in detail the rules and etiquette of the park.

sometimes the parents get pissed and storm off carrying their kid's scooter out of the park. problem solved.
sometimes they get pissed and stand offish and i call the fucking cops and have their kid ejected from the park for a day. problem solved.
most times the parents are super cool and thankful i explained how it works so that their kids have more fun and are being safer.

also if there is a mob of little fucks and a bunch o parents find the problem child call him out and ask in front of all the parents who owns him and explain the deal. by snake shaming the parents all the other parents will talk to their children so that they arent the next set of parents to look ignorant.

dont be afraid to have your homies filming these talks either because when you have evidence to show the cops that some scooter dad decided to get big balls and be a dick and get hostile you can get them perma banned from the park. and it looks good to show he hit you first when you beat the fuck out of him.

finally, if you are over the age of 12 and are deciding to be a snake then you know better and i will fucking blast you.

snake shaming...i like that

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

9/7/2013 9:03 PM

I was riding at my park and some kid on a skateboard dropped in as I was going for a jump on the funbox and he fell, the skate board got kicked out and rolled infront of my wheel and wa-la, the board got snapped, parent were all angry but all the other guys there were like "Owen is right, your kid is retarded for doing that." so the parents loaded up in their mini-van and stormed off, made my day.

|

9/7/2013 11:25 PM

Sometimes running into them is the only way for them to learn. I play "Bowling" with them personally. They all fucking sit a few feet away from the lip to the flyout everyone rides, we tell em to move or signal them to move.. They just look at us like huhh. So I haul ass and just do a trick and they move out of the way and then learn.

One time I was grinding this ledge too, trying a line for like 15 minutes straight and everyone sees me doing it so they let me go as I'm trying to get a clip which is cool of them doing that, but then this kid comes OUT OF NOWHERE and tries fuckin grinding the same ledge I'm currently on. We collide & naturally, me being bigger (I'm a little guy but still bigger than this probably 10 year old kid) I fuckin wreck the kid like a wrecking ball wrecking a house of paper cards. He slams to the ground, looks at me like I was at fault, and our bikes were now tangled. Somehow his bars got stuck in my frame? haha. Needless to say he didn't get in the way after that

|

9/8/2013 2:12 AM

I trucked some kid on a mtb. he was on my line id been working.on and out of nowhere he comes down so I got in truvking position.

|

9/8/2013 4:37 AM

Another thing that pisses me off is kids with mountain bikes/ripsticks/flkickrs at the park.

Also, the kids that put fucking fizzing drinks on the ramps.angry

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

9/8/2013 11:43 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Skateparks aren't day cares. Parents drop their kids off for $12 a day at the park i used to always ride. And either they'd use the ramps as slides and use the park as a playground, snake you, or stand on the lip of every ramp in groups. Ill ask you nicely to move or stop what you're doing once, and if you fail to comply, I'm not stopping my line or swerving out of the way for you. And if I feel like doing a tailwhip out of the wedge that has a group of kids on it, I'm just gonna do it. Their parents signed a waver for them to ride the park. And if they get injured they get to pay for it and can't sue. So if my peg whips a chunk off of their child's dome, its not my problem. Dont be a cheapass. Send your kids to fucking daycare instead of ruining everybody else's day at the skatepark.

Actually if it is done legitimately as a lesson being taught, yes they can.

You have to prove it is an accident.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/8/2013 11:52 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

They have to prove I did it on purpose then. And aslong as they signed that waver, I'm fairly sure it states not only injuries caused from riding the park, but injuries caused by others who are riding the park. In other words, if you get injured then its your fault. Unless you have proof of me intentionally trying to hurt someone. Which would be hard to find.

|

9/8/2013 2:11 PM

If a scooter kid sees the line I'm riding and where I'm going and cuts me off anyway ill run him over... Allot of the scooter kids around here think they can do it and get away with it..... I like to show them they can't

|

9/8/2013 2:25 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They have to prove I did it on purpose then. And aslong as they signed that waver, I'm fairly sure it states not only injuries caused from riding the park, but injuries caused by others who are riding the park. In other words, if you get injured then its your fault. Unless you have proof of me intentionally trying to hurt someone. Which would be hard to find.

Negligence is not covered under any waiver, be it the park not fixing the ramps, or other riders hitting you, you cannot sue the park. It doesn't cover those taking you to court.

Waivers are designed to just cover the park from any liability (most are terribly done up and easily worked around for a lawsuit). They are not to stop someone from suing you for smoking their kid, just to protect the park from it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/8/2013 2:26 PM

make it a game 100points for a direct hit on a scooter kid. 50 points if you make one fall and 10 points to everyone if one eats shit. seriously tho the scooter kids sit on top of the first of 2 boxes and do not move for anything and its seriously fucking annoying

|

9/8/2013 9:31 PM

One time i was just warming up and went for a double peg down our hand rail. One of the scooter kids pushed his scooter out under the rail and said don't eat shit then laughed, i came out clean on his scooter and snapped the deck and had a laugh too. then his parents were like "you owe us a new one you shouldn't have landed on his new scooter" but my friend had it all on film and we pissed them all off. haven't seen the kid since and I'm proud of it.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/9/2013 9:34 AM

had a scooter faggot ghost ride his scooter at me as i was about to hit the spine... went otb over the spine (6ft) and hit my head on the floor, which knocked me out. then the scooter kid apparently laughed as if it was funny. Then after i was conscious everyone ghost rode their bikes into him and he slammed on a drop in. Funny as fuck as the cunt deserved it. I was lucky i landed on the back of my head or i would have broken my nose and most of my teeth.

|

Bruh

9/9/2013 9:53 AM

The easiest way to get little kids out of the skatepark is to start explaining what "2 girls one cup" is to them near their parents... works every time.

|

9/9/2013 11:07 AM

Thomas_Kerrigan wrote:

The easiest way to get little kids out of the skatepark is to start explaining what "2 girls one cup" is to them near their parents... works every time.

Me and my friends used to bring a little guitar amp with an iPod dock and play some vulgar hip hop or death metal at a loud volume...... Usually cleared the snakes outta the park.......good old death metal

|

9/9/2013 12:29 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

had a scooter faggot ghost ride his scooter at me as i was about to hit the spine... went otb over the spine (6ft) and hit my head on the floor, which knocked me out. then the scooter kid apparently laughed as if it was funny. Then after i was conscious everyone ghost rode their bikes into him and he slammed on a drop in. Funny as fuck as the cunt deserved it. I was lucky i landed on the back of my head or i would have broken my nose and most of my teeth.

Helmets are a great thing. Invest in one if you don't have one, and wear it if you do.

Hell, I wear mine riding a parking lot now. I saw a good friend hit his head, have a seizure in a parking lot on a 180. That warped my thoughts on helmets (I used to not wear it unless I had to) and now it is weird to not wear it just riding down the street.

Seriously, get one. ALL OF YOU. Don't screw around with your head. One hit in the wrong spot, you crap your pants for life and cannot do anything for yourself. Don't risk it.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/9/2013 2:07 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Helmets are a great thing. Invest in one if you don't have one, and wear it if you do.

Hell, I wear mine riding a parking lot now. I saw a good friend hit his head, have a seizure in a parking lot on a 180. That warped my thoughts on helmets (I used to not wear it unless I had to) and now it is weird to not wear it just riding down the street.

Seriously, get one. ALL OF YOU. Don't screw around with your head. One hit in the wrong spot, you crap your pants for life and cannot do anything for yourself. Don't risk it.

This guy knows what's up I got a helmet collection helmets save lives

|

9/9/2013 5:41 PM

eskimojay wrote:

This guy knows what's up I got a helmet collection helmets save lives

you both are talking the truth i've already smarting up after i had a bad fall in the bowl at my local park and got a minor concussion i'm now investing in brakes and a helmet this christmas.

as for those dammed snakes unless its and accident fuck them if they're dumb enough to not watch their surroundings they deserve it i've met a few scooter kids like 3 or 4 who know how to ride a skatepark and watch their surroundings all the rest are act like theirs no one but them in the park

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

9/9/2013 6:10 PM

I dont undrstand this shit. mountain bikes at the skatepark. and when they go to the top of the quarter and just stay there close to the coping with that stupid face pretending thats nothing of their business.and the stupid ass hole parents. i'm trying 190's out of a flyout and than arrives a parent with he's 2 years kids in a half of a inch skateboard on the front of te flyout. SOME DAY ILL TALK TO THEM AND SAY: GUESS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LAND A 180 ON TOP OF YOUR SON??? HOW MUCH BONES WILL HE BREAK??? fuck man this pisses me off.

|

9/9/2013 6:43 PM

bernardo.costa.12139 wrote:

I dont undrstand this shit. mountain bikes at the skatepark. and when they go to the top of the quarter and just stay there close to the coping with that stupid face pretending thats nothing of their business.and the stupid ass hole parents. i'm trying 190's out of a flyout and than arrives a parent with he's 2 years kids in a half of a inch skateboard on the front of te flyout. SOME DAY ILL TALK TO THEM AND SAY: GUESS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LAND A 180 ON TOP OF YOUR SON??? HOW MUCH BONES WILL HE BREAK??? fuck man this pisses me off.

"i'm trying 190's out of a flyout and than arrives a parent with he's 2 years kids in a half of a inch skateboard on the front of te flyout. SOME DAY ILL TALK TO THEM AND SAY: GUESS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LAND A 180 ON TOP OF YOUR SON???"

What does this even mean?

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/9/2013 6:51 PM

What , you would put your 2 years old son in front of a flyout skatebording? guess not

|

9/9/2013 7:05 PM

bernardo.costa.12139 wrote:

What , you would put your 2 years old son in front of a flyout skatebording? guess not

No, but your English and grammar in that statement made it impossible to tell what the hell you were trying to say.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/9/2013 7:22 PM

I'm not english or american. i do the best i can. sorry.

|

9/10/2013 8:51 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

have one. When that happened it was in the post... came 2 days later i think

|

Bruh