Snapped cranks, bent sprocket :(

Related:
Create New Tag

10/26/2016 4:44 AM

Hey guys, i snapped two cranks in a couple of months and bent my odyssey guard sprocket that is only a couple of months old when my crank snapped :/ I'm going to try my luck and get it replaced. Anyways, if that doesn't work out im look at getting another guard sprocket. What is one that is recommenced? or did i just get unlucky?
Whats the difference between 7075 alloy and 7075 -t6 alloy for guard sprockets?
Also im looking at getting the subrosa big bitching cranks as they look solid and are cheap where i live, i can only get 175s though unless i want to pay an extra 70 dollars for 170s haha. I am a techy/street style rider but i do like to go fast as well. Anyone recommenced these cranks?
Cheers smile

|

10/26/2016 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/26/2016 8:08 AM

/
|

10/26/2016 6:22 PM

Bump

|

10/26/2016 8:34 PM

In terms of sprocket , it's probably not going to be warrantied because it sounds like a disaster and not a defect . Who knows .

In terms of T6 or whatever , I'm pretty sure it's the way it's like cut , like a standard or something . Honestly I don't think it would make a huge difference as long as you're running 7075 already . If you're worried maybe grab a solid guard sprocket , my Primo one seems solid as fuck .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/26/2016 8:56 PM

I'd say you just got unlucky, could've happened to any sprocket really. your cranks snapping took the sprocket with it.

Can't hurt to email them though and ask.

The difference between 7075 & 7075-t6 is just that the t6 has gone through a heat treatment process (I think anyway, quick Google searches aren't that reliable. Wait for someone more knowledgeable on that to chime in)

|

10/26/2016 10:33 PM

Yeah t6 is a heat treatment

What cranks did you snap? And how?
Subrosa stuff is good, I'm sure they'll be fine

|

10/26/2016 10:55 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah t6 is a heat treatment

What cranks did you snap? And how?
Subrosa stuff is good, I'm sure they'll be fine

Thanks,
I snapped my stock wethepeople cranks which were on a high end bike this year. I snapped it doing a bank to grass gap, the second pair i got of a mate and they were united cranks and i snapped them doing a 6 stair at my local highschool haha...

|