Snapped my cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2017 9:23 PM

So this happened yesterday... Landed a bunnyhop and heard a loud CRACK then lost control of the bike and came down hard on my shoulder...

I'm 99% sure I've cracked a rib on the side I landed. I've broken ribs a couple of times before and luckily this one is one the other side to where I usually break!

I'm actually surprised that is all that happened as it could have gone a lot worse as I was going pretty fast...

If anyone is wondering these were United Supreme cranks, about 18 months old. I'm getting Odyssey Thunderbolts next as these will be my third set of cranks in less than three years. I need that lifetime warranty and I don't want to crash like this again. LOL

Photo

|

8/12/2017 10:24 PM

Ouch. Heal up! smile

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/13/2017 2:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2017 2:34 PM

Get some demolition rigs. They are the strongest cranks available. Lifetime warranty, because they don't break. Apparently Dennis enarson has broken most other cranks, probably including Odyssey. He can't break the rigs, and demolition cranks are the only parts that they offer a lifetime warranty on. that should say something. I think fit indents are almost just as strong as the rigs too, but they don't have a lifetime warranty. If you want cranks that you will never break, get the rigs or indent 24s. My indents are the stiffest cranks I ever rode, actually too stiff for me. That's why I'm riding cult deathrows right now, that also have a lifetime warranty btw. They feel solid, but not as stiff as my indents. They have gussets on both ends. Right where you snapped your cranks the deathrows have a welded gusset, for extra strength. I doubt you would break the those either, if you can find them, they are great cranks. Made in USA, and a lifetime warranty too. and Fyi, I have some indents for sale in perfect condition.

|

8/13/2017 2:46 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Get some demolition rigs. They are the strongest cranks available. Lifetime warranty, because they don't break. Apparently ...more

Awesome info man, thanks. I'm heading into the local bmx shop (LUX at Brisbane, Australia) today and I'll see what they've got.

|