So

Related:
Create New Tag

10/17/2013 7:09 PM

whenever i ride, theres this scraping metal on metal sound. I can actually feel it in the cranks o.o I cleaned/regreased my chain and made sure my BB was workin fine. Everything was alright and my BB is actually brand new, so im guessing its my driver, since it hasnt been greased in ages. How do i get the cone nuts off?? only thing i can think of would be to use two wrenches but idk if that would work or not. its a sealed hub but cone nuts are tight af

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

10/17/2013 7:47 PM

Just got ape shit on it with two wrenches. Whatever works.

|

-Reps: JakeSalbert, Stephan.yupthatsme, bmxrider4lyfe, cb4130, mactive818, Broughton, Dream, Kymike(X2), Sam.cooper1291, louie101202, nshs2010, hatebreeder, justin vogelsberger, Xlilkillaluc15x, Four, Blakebmx92, Brian_Griffin, Element4all
-I have more reps from my old account.
(My old account is 'bmx')

10/17/2013 7:51 PM

Two wrenches are you you do it, what kind of hub is it?

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

10/17/2013 8:03 PM

that's what happened to me 2 days ago. I ignored it and my hub fucked over. take apart the driver and inspect the pawls and regrease everything.

|

10/17/2013 8:04 PM

oh sorry didn't read the thing well enough. yeah just get some hub wrenches. that's what I use when I regrease take apart any hubs

|

10/17/2013 8:19 PM

If you have the cheap stock/generic hubs with a solid axle, you're gonna have a hard time with cone nuts. If you've got a decent to high quality hub with a hollow slotted axle for an allen key, then you're in luck. Just find something to torque the allen key with and have a huge crescent wrench and you're good to go. And start finding pins and tacks or something to put open seals on bearings and grease them extra. I always do that every couple months and it's super good.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

10/18/2013 12:31 AM

Are your spokes loose? I get that noise every now and then and it just ends up being that I need to tighten some of my spokes and then the sound goes away.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

10/18/2013 6:55 AM

Madtown608 wrote:

Are your spokes loose? I get that noise every now and then and it just ends up being that I need to tighten some of my spokes and then the sound goes away.

I need to do that too. I haven't been because my spoke wrench is shitty and annoying as fuck to use. Im just gonna grease the hub and if it still is happening ill go get my shit tightened at the LBS. I guess im gonna have to go ham with some wrenches xD

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!