So, BlackSwampGhost, you doing any flatlandish type tricks yet?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/15/2020 7:36 AM

I think I have some masonite sheets in the garage but not plywood. But the small ramp thing sounds like a good idea for learning fakies better.

Yeah I told my Uncle it is a lot harder than it looks. I worked on them last night and did pretty well but did better that particular night. However, I'm getting better at entries. I had one where I stayed up and scuffed. And stayed up for hair after scuffing.

One thing I tried last night but failed big time was how to get back on the bike after being in a fork glide. Wow, I tried doing that thing where you lean the bike to make room for your body to miss the handle bars and switch feet but I biffed it. That is gonna take some doing. LOL. It feels really difficult.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

8/16/2020 8:41 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

I think I have some masonite sheets in the garage but not plywood. But the small ramp thing sounds like a good idea for learning fakies better.

Yeah I told my Uncle it is a lot harder than it looks. I worked on them last night and did pretty well but did better that particular night. However, I'm getting better at entries. I had one where I stayed up and scuffed. And stayed up for hair after scuffing.

One thing I tried last night but failed big time was how to get back on the bike after being in a fork glide. Wow, I tried doing that thing where you lean the bike to make room for your body to miss the handle bars and switch feet but I biffed it. That is gonna take some doing. LOL. It feels really difficult.

Lol, I haven't figured out how to ride out of fork glides yet either.. I need more room than my driveway is all... But I've gotten pretty good at fork glides wherever I want, I can steer and scuff uphill as needed now...

My goal before winter..

I want to be able to do a half foot jam whip, and fork glide out of that, then be able to ride out of that..

|

8/31/2020 6:42 AM

That sounds like a cool trick but I'm trying to picture it in my head.....

I am getting better at staying up while going backwards. Can scuff a little but usually when I scuff I lose balance. But I'm getting to where I can scuff a bit and not fall. And I can stay up a lot longer than at first. And it's a lot of fun. I still struggle with staying up too long after an entry but I see little progress. Just gotta keep at it.

I didn't go the last two nights. I want to say I got lazy but part of me has been feeling like I don't want to chance being alone in a park late at night lately. It's just weird how the world has gotten goofy. But I think I'm far enough away from any of the violence for it not to be an issue. And I think tonight I'll just make time to throw my bike on the car and drive over there so I can jump in my car if things get weird. Which is not likely to happen. I think last week one night I heard a bunch of hooping and hollering somewhere in the park and I was like, what the heck ?

Anyways.... still working on my normal stuff and seeing small progress. Still haven't landed a footjam tailwhip but I feel like I keep getting closer and closer to actually riding out of one. I'm getting better at nose pivot 180's and have times where I get all the way 180. That one is not easy though. And I keep working on spinning with my foot on the rear peg. I don't want to call it a megaspin cuz I'm not even to where I'm scuffing yet but I can swing around 180 doing that.

And I still do a barspin 720 every night I go. But that one takes me a while to get sometimes. LOL. I think I figured out the main secret to that the other night though. Which is to not start it until pretty much completely stopped. At least for me that helped.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

9/4/2020 8:42 AM

The thing I've really been noticing lately is it seems the speed at which I do a lot of my tricks affects them a LOT. When I do them really well it feels like I have to hit the sweet spot of where the speed should be for that trick.

Might just be because I'm still learning them.

For example, my likelihood of nailing the 720 barspin is if I wait til I'm basically stopped. Which I know might not be the case for everyone......

|

9/5/2020 6:47 PM

I've actually started working on mega spins today. I could be wrong, but they don't seem to be as hard as I originally thought..

I can ride into a fork glide a complete a full circle, and or ride 100s of feet scuffing down the street, still can't ride out of one though..

|

9/7/2020 7:49 AM

Niiiiiice!! You da man. I'm definitely not up too 100's of feet. Usually for me it's like 10's of feet before I lose balance. Sometimes I'll go like a 1/4 of the way of the parking lot. I definitely don't do well after scuffing yet. I seem to lose balance quickly after scuffing. Gotta work on that.

If you got any vids I'd love to see you doing that!!!

When you do your megaspins, how far around are you getting so far? I still can't get my head around actually putting my foot on the rear tire to continue it. I've not got that timing yet. Most of the time I'm just trying to spin 180 and be done.

|

9/7/2020 10:03 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Niiiiiice!! You da man. I'm definitely not up too 100's of feet. Usually for me it's like 10's of feet before I lose balance. Sometimes I'll go like a 1/4 of the way of the parking lot. I definitely don't do well after scuffing yet. I seem to lose balance quickly after scuffing. Gotta work on that.

If you got any vids I'd love to see you doing that!!!

When you do your megaspins, how far around are you getting so far? I still can't get my head around actually putting my foot on the rear tire to continue it. I've not got that timing yet. Most of the time I'm just trying to spin 180 and be done.

Thanks man,

On the mega spins, I've only gotten a 180 so far, but that came pretty easy, compared to for example, riding into a fork glide..

I'll try to get a video of that, although, at least to me, scuffing straight down the road is far easier than trying to get a complete circle.. Lol, it's something I do when Lil Ghost and I are riding around the neighborhood..

|

9/7/2020 8:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2020 9:12 PM

47, just since you asked for it.. Not my smoothest looking performance, just the nearest empty parking lot.. There's sewer grates and several areas of drainage angles, so my free foot was pretty wild at times keeping balance.. But over a minute of one fork glide, guessing about an eighth mile lol...

|

9/8/2020 7:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2020 7:44 AM

Woooohooooooo!!! That was soooo good!!! Gives me something to shoot for!!! Very cool!!! Lookin good man!!!!!

Does your son like when you do that or does he think you're slowing him down? LOL.

I was watching a dude from Hawaii that I watch on instagram and he was doing spins with his right foot on the rear peg and just going around in several circles. He wasn't scuffing just arcing in a circle... Over and over. That was sweet.

|

9/8/2020 7:49 AM

Thanks man!

Yeah I only pull tricks when my boy is falling behind.. I ride in the street, and sometimes he takes a slower scenic route along the sidewalk, following me, but not necessarily trying to keep pace...

Is this the video you mentioned?

|

9/10/2020 7:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/10/2020 7:36 AM

That is a super great video of Matthias!!! He's one of the ones I follow on instagram. I think you told me about him. The guy I was talking about is @laakeabmx. He's an older guy like us but must've been at it for a long time cuz he's super good. I really don't know how old he is but probably late 30's or 40's. Don't want to assume anything. LOL.

I follow about a dozen flatlanders on instagram. But this guy posts vids pretty frequently. He lives in Hawaii.

rain rain and more rain here. I haven't been on my BMX since Sunday night. Monday would've worked but we were super busy that day cutting a limb down that fell on our house. And I was too tired that night to ride. Or I thought it best I take a night off after all that. But now it rained off and on since then and always wet when I want to do my bmx at night. Grrrrrrrr........

|

9/18/2020 8:04 AM

I had good success last night doing 180 megaspins and 180 nose pivots. Which is good cuz the night before I was sucking at riding in a fork glide. I don't know if it's the goofiness of the road by my house or what but I've not been able to stay up as long as I was. The entries are going OK but still don't stay up after spinning.

It's always good to have some success with one trick after not having it with another..... LOL

|

9/18/2020 10:40 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Whoa, 6.17 ounces per pair. Now that's about the lightest I've seen..... So far.

http://flatlandfuel.com/armourbikesbigbohmpegs.aspx

My igi pegs are about that. Light af.

|

9/19/2020 7:48 AM

What are they made out of?

Looks like aluminum... They look a bit.... Phallic. LOL.

|

9/19/2020 9:50 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Whoa, 6.17 ounces per pair. Now that's about the lightest I've seen..... So far.

pnfdog wrote:

Cinema C4 without the plastic sleeves..

Photo

|

9/19/2020 10:48 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

pnfdog wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Photo

Those are very slick. If using for flatland, which is all I use pegs for, grip tape is a must....

|

9/19/2020 11:17 AM

pnfdog wrote:

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Photo

pnfdog wrote:

Those are very slick. If using for flatland, which is all I use pegs for, grip tape is a must....

My Vans actually grab them well.. Same way basketball sneakers grab a shiny gymnasium floor.. If things got Dusty or dirty/wet it might be a different story.. I only use mine for flatland stuff too..

|

9/19/2020 11:44 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

That is a super great video of Matthias!!! He's one of the ones I follow on instagram. I think you told me about him. The guy I was talking about is @laakeabmx. He's an older guy like us but must've been at it for a long time cuz he's super good. I really don't know how old he is but probably late 30's or 40's. Don't want to assume anything. LOL.

I follow about a dozen flatlanders on instagram. But this guy posts vids pretty frequently. He lives in Hawaii.

rain rain and more rain here. I haven't been on my BMX since Sunday night. Monday would've worked but we were super busy that day cutting a limb down that fell on our house. And I was too tired that night to ride. Or I thought it best I take a night off after all that. But now it rained off and on since then and always wet when I want to do my bmx at night. Grrrrrrrr........

Bit late on info, but that's Lindsey, he got on flow for S&M earlier this year. He kills it, I'll see him every now and then when I'm in the area. Pretty sure he's early 30's.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

9/21/2020 7:28 AM

Ahhh, whooops. Didn't mean to make him older than he is.

He's super cool. He usually responds to comments on insta. I like his set ups too. He's got really tall bars. LOL. But that dude can flatland.

|

9/23/2020 7:53 AM

I did it I did it I did it I did it!!!! I finally landed a footjam tailwhip. It's on my instagram page. @SilentNightSun. It's not a great video (dark out) and its not a beautiful job but I finally rode away on one. I was so stoked I think I sounded like a girl going "I did it"!!!!!

Wow. That took a while. Now I need to keep at them so I can do them at will. LOL.

Its funny I was getting good at the 720 no lift bars. A few nights last week I got them on the 1st and 2nd try. Then it took me about a dozen times last night. LOL. So who knows how long it will be before I land another Footjam tailwhip but at least I got one under my belt and by some miracle I caught it on video.

Over 8 months I've been working on that. But again, when I first started this journey of bmxing I would've never thought in a million years I'd be able to do a trick like that. Being all old and decrepit and all. LOL. God is good.

11:45pm on Tuesday September 22nd. LOL.

|

9/23/2020 9:05 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

I did it I did it I did it I did it!!!! I finally landed a footjam tailwhip. It's on my instagram page. @SilentNightSun. It's not a great video (dark out) and its not a beautiful job but I finally rode away on one. I was so stoked I think I sounded like a girl going "I did it"!!!!!

Wow. That took a while. Now I need to keep at them so I can do them at will. LOL.

Its funny I was getting good at the 720 no lift bars. A few nights last week I got them on the 1st and 2nd try. Then it took me about a dozen times last night. LOL. So who knows how long it will be before I land another Footjam tailwhip but at least I got one under my belt and by some miracle I caught it on video.

Over 8 months I've been working on that. But again, when I first started this journey of bmxing I would've never thought in a million years I'd be able to do a trick like that. Being all old and decrepit and all. LOL. God is good.

Love the reaction. That's why we put in the work ...

|

9/23/2020 8:55 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

Awesome Forty!! Way to keep at it!

|

9/23/2020 9:14 PM

Fortyseven wrote:

cchili00 wrote:

Awesome Forty!! Way to keep at it!

X2! Perseverance pays ten fold!
Way to go bruddah! You can do something I have yet to accomplish whatever that's worth.. Personally proud of ya man!

|

9/24/2020 8:10 AM

Thanks guys!!!! Why it was so important to learn that one I don't know. I just like it I guess.

Now if I could just fork glide like swamp and chilli I'd be really styling. LOL.

|

9/28/2020 7:08 AM

Rain last night. Blaaaaaa.

|

10/17/2020 7:40 PM

I landed a spinny thing

left the backwards manny in the clip cause it was back to back but it wasn't great lol

Flat Stufs on Vital BMX

|

10/17/2020 8:22 PM

Nice on work on the mega spin man! I'm hoping to get that far around before winter, but I have to ride it to get it and I've been slacking off too much..

|

10/20/2020 9:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2020 9:16 AM

WOW. That was freaking cool @cky199!!!!! You da man. Thanks for posting that. You've given me some inspiration.

I've been having a hard time getting on my bike lately too. I do my 2 mile ride every day but I've been kind of busy with so many other things lately the bmxing has taken a hit. I think the last time I did was 3 days ago. Plus the busier schedule and the fact that it seems to be raining off and on. grrrrrrrr... I think I may be able to get to after lunch today!!!!

Wooohoooooo!!! It's my day to work on footjam tailwhips. But now I want to learn how to get around 360 on megaspins. I'm still only at 180 with those. LOL.

I need a freecoaster......

|