So...RideBMX magazine is done. So are other Transworld mags, and possibly Dew Tour as well...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2019 2:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2019 3:30 AM

Like the title says. Unless the guys can somehow acquire the rights from the parent company, which doesn't seem likely via Fudger's Instagram post saying they aren't willing to sell...

From Transworld Skateboarding's Wiki page:

"As of February 2019, the publication was killed by the American Media, LLC alongside other Transworld publications."

From Transworld MX's site, it appears they've been given the axe as well. It would also seems AMI has taken control of Dew Tour, though no news has come of their future.

From Dew Tour's Wiki page:

"In 2019, TEN was sold to American Media, LLC who shuttered all extreme sports publications. Dew Tour hangs in the balance."

Also says that AMI has apparently decided to take the company in the direction of automotive magazines.

Truly a sad day for action/extreme sports for sure...

Thoughts?

Here's the company that bought out AdventureSportsNetwork/TEN, and is the parent company over several bs tabloid magazines such as you'd see in Walmart checkout lines for example. Headed by CEO David Pecker, who, if you don't follow politics, has recently come under federal fire for attempting to silence Trump's opposition during his presidential campaign, and also for supposedly attempting to extort Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon and owner of The Washington Post, over the current Bezos sex scandal.

https://www.americanmediainc.com/

|

2/14/2019 4:57 AM

Magazines are a casualty of the internet. I didn’t even realize people still bought them.

|

2/14/2019 5:25 AM

JPC wrote:

Magazines are a casualty of the internet. I didn’t even realize people still bought them.

Sad But True...
Photo

|

2/14/2019 5:25 AM

I mean AMI maybe in serious financial and legal trouble soon.

|

2/14/2019 5:29 AM

Looks like vital will be getting a bit more traffic for a while until another source pips up and everything balances out again.

|

Hmmm

2/14/2019 7:48 AM

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/14/2019 8:51 AM

I view this as an opportunity to come together and create a BMX-specific media company, honestly.

Its 2019, so much content is online, so much content is already produced by riders. It'll be a ton of work, but it will allow companies to build something sustainable rather than be bought out like this and have the rug pulled out from under them.

Hopefully this happens. Jeff Z, Fudger, Adam, all super talented guys that are so dedicated.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/14/2019 8:52 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I view this as an opportunity to come together and create a BMX-specific media company, honestly.

Its 2019, so much content is online, so much content is already produced by riders. It'll be a ton of work, but it will allow companies to build something sustainable rather than be bought out like this and have the rug pulled out from under them.

Hopefully this happens. Jeff Z, Fudger, Adam, all super talented guys that are so dedicated.

Don't forget.

Kyle Carlson

|

Hmmm

2/14/2019 8:56 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Don't forget.

Kyle Carlson

Oh fuck that guy.

(JK) I love Kyle, I just don't know what (if any) possibility there is of Vital absorbing Jeff Z and the rest of the Ride guys? Again I'm super ignorant of the details and what everyone wants to do, I just see this as an opportunity to build something that's...you know...FuBu

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

2/14/2019 8:59 AM

That’s a bummer , I really enjoyed the feeble talk videos

|

2/14/2019 11:13 AM

I believe Transworld Skate will continue existing as an online platform, but the printed magazine is done.

Not sure about Dew Tour, but also quit caring about Dew Tour when they quit including BMX a number of years ago.

Definitely a bummer of a situation. These things happen in corporate business when your company is owned by another company who is bought by another company and blah blah blah. I know Ride / Transworld was bought / sold numerous times over the past ten years, but nothing drastic ever changed until now.

|

2/14/2019 11:50 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

I believe Transworld Skate will continue existing as an online platform, but the printed magazine is done.

Not sure about Dew Tour, but also quit caring about Dew Tour when they quit including BMX a number of years ago.

Definitely a bummer of a situation. These things happen in corporate business when your company is owned by another company who is bought by another company and blah blah blah. I know Ride / Transworld was bought / sold numerous times over the past ten years, but nothing drastic ever changed until now.

Hey, Kyle. I posted in the "Questions about Vital" section a few days ago about a site issue but I don't think any of you guys have seen it. Just a heads up smile

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/14/2019 12:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2019 12:19 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

That's what i was thinking as well. Perfect opportunity to start another rider based media source. Like you said, maybe Vital will pick them up.

|

2/14/2019 12:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2019 12:21 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Yeah i feel it. Corporate business as usual. It's just fucked up that they said they were happy to pick up all this sports media and that they would all continue, then gave everyone the axe out.. Same way with TWMX, because they were considerably bigger than Ride and had events as well.. And yeah i know about Dew Tour. Same here.

|

2/15/2019 5:07 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Looks like vital will be getting a bit more traffic for a while until another source pips up and everything balances out again.

BMX Union made a return-Kurt used to work for ride for bit. Explains why the Union posted again.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/15/2019 6:37 AM

meh

|

It’s all bmx