So anyone break the odyssey clutch yet?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2016 12:46 PM

Just curious thinking about getting one asap and will be selling/trading my wheels/ wink

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/24/2016 1:00 AM

Had one on the verge of death after 3 months of riding it and then got my bike jacked if it makes any difference i rode a freemix for a year till that broke and then a keychain i rode for a month till that snapped. I might be a bit harder on my things than others cause i use my bike for transportation too.

|

6/24/2016 2:15 AM

Went to 3ride and one of the workers choose a BSD over an Odyssey due to the sheer amount of issues he had with the included hub guard AND lack of proper fitting ones ( or something along that line )

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/24/2016 2:45 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Went to 3ride and one of the workers choose a BSD over an Odyssey due to the sheer amount of issues he had with the included ...more

i mean its a free hubguard just to hold you to get something bigger. i dont grind but i dont think its a good idea to discredit a hub cause its "lack of hub guard choices"

|

6/24/2016 4:06 AM

Went to 3ride and one of the workers choose a BSD over an Odyssey due to the sheer amount of issues he had with the included ...more

joshcooldude wrote:

i mean its a free hubguard just to hold you to get something bigger. i dont grind but i dont think its a good idea to ...more

Hub guards are life, i won't grind without them but I did notice the one it comes with is garbage from what I have seen in person

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

6/24/2016 4:08 AM

That sounds like bad issue, i was looking at the West coaster just don't like male axles

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

6/24/2016 4:11 AM

joshcooldude wrote:

Had one on the verge of death after 3 months of riding it and then got my bike jacked if it makes any difference i rode a ...more

I also ride for transportation reasons, my keychain is holding up great and its over a year old, did you break the actual chain or just the master link piece? Cause thats that's the only thing ive yet to see break and most the time its because you gotta check the allen pins often because those fuckers come loose no mater how you put it on lol

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

6/24/2016 7:05 AM

joshcooldude wrote:

i mean its a free hubguard just to hold you to get something bigger. i dont grind but i dont think its a good idea to ...more

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Hub guards are life, i won't grind without them but I did notice the one it comes with is garbage from what I have seen in ...more

Besides in being plastic/nylon which is gonna show wear, its been just as durable as any other guard in my comparison. The Clutch is a good hub, bearings will less likely never blow however, I cant compare it to the newer coasters with bushings in the drivers. In all honesty, I truly believe this is a coaster you can fully try and beat to death and that wont happen. Only other coaster I prefer over this is the Z.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

6/24/2016 9:11 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

I also ride for transportation reasons, my keychain is holding up great and its over a year old, did you break the actual ...more

Broke an actual link and not just the masterlink, i think even odyssey was surprised but I wasnt mad though since the sent me a WHOLE replacement chain unlike how i broke a shadow halflink (not the new forged one) in less than a month also and they didnt even reply to my email about it. I still think the clutch felt great though and I even bought another one for the new ride im building because i think i just got a bad one. Even if it eventually did break odyssey would try and help me out with a new one. But if you're looking for hubguards and thats a definite need look for something else i guess, no point in spending all tha money just for it to fail on a feeble

|

6/24/2016 10:35 AM

I've had the Sunday equivalent of the Clutch with no issues, only taken it apart once to adjust the lack a bit.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

6/24/2016 10:48 AM

My clutch has zero issues. My s&m hub guard fits it perfectly too. Best hub out there

|

6/24/2016 10:49 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

I've had the Sunday equivalent of the Clutch with no issues, only taken it apart once to adjust the lack a bit.

I like what I am hearing, now the issue of getting one gotta find someone to trade me or sell some stuff

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

6/24/2016 10:54 AM

Honestly the Clutch is great and all but its waaay too expensive, I would find it better to buy a decent freecoaster (which there's plenty of) and spend the rest of the money on building a solid back wheel.

I dunno maybe I'm just being a cheap ass.... haha

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

6/24/2016 12:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2016 5:20 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Honestly the Clutch is great and all but its waaay too expensive, I would find it better to buy a decent freecoaster (which ...more

trust me man the ease of just being able to squeeze in some grease whenever its not feeling right instead of having to take apart the hub makes up for the 20 over the sunday coaster

|

6/24/2016 12:24 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Honestly the Clutch is great and all but its waaay too expensive, I would find it better to buy a decent freecoaster (which ...more

It's better to spend the extra $30 and save money and time and frustration in the long run. At least for me... buying once is better than buying twice.

|

6/24/2016 12:35 PM

Well I dont really mind having to take the hub apart I actually find it pretty fun, I'm just weird like that...

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

6/24/2016 12:40 PM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Well I dont really mind having to take the hub apart I actually find it pretty fun, I'm just weird like that...

That's not weird at all its good to know how to do that stuff

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

6/24/2016 12:49 PM

There was a recall on the included guards and he said it was just a huge clusterfuck . I think he mentioned an S&M guard not sitting correctly too BUT I do not recall exactly so . I know one of my friends has it and beats his to fuck and it's still good , but another friend has a Westcoaster and it feels and looks way better in my opinion , plus the included guards last fucking forever even with plastic.

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/24/2016 1:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2016 1:05 PM

There was a recall on the included guards and he said it was just a huge clusterfuck . I think he mentioned an S&M guard ...more

You forgot a space between the "c" in "plastic" and the last full stop. Silly Brayden.

|

6/24/2016 2:36 PM

There was a recall on the included guards and he said it was just a huge clusterfuck . I think he mentioned an S&M guard ...more

Mine fits perfectly I dunno what they are talking about

|

6/24/2016 3:57 PM

A buddy of mine beats the crap out of his and it is still going.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/26/2016 9:19 PM

Awesomeness someone but my stuff so I can get one haha

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

6/27/2016 10:45 PM

They seem to hold up really well.

I recommend looking at the GSPORT Uniguard in 10mm for a DS hubguard if you're running 4 pegs. It seems to be the best solution with the 10mm bolt, and 14mm shelf on that side of the hub.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

6/28/2016 11:58 AM

Went on one yesterday for a fair bit and not being biased or anti Odyssey , but truthfully my friends BSD Westcoaster felt a lot more smooth in terms of pedalling and disengaging . Maybe it's because the guy who had the clutch beat his up or didn't grease it but who knows

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/28/2016 12:14 PM

Went on one yesterday for a fair bit and not being biased or anti Odyssey , but truthfully my friends BSD Westcoaster felt a ...more

to really compare, youd have to have the same bike setups, same air pressure, chain tension..etc. Bikes may look alike but they usually dont feel the same.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.