So many mixed reviews on the g sport ratchet hub.. what do you think?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2013 5:33 PM

I am thinking about buying the g sport ratchet hub in 9t.. But i have heard so much negativity towards the 9t driver breaking or bearings breaking.
I have heard a fair amount of negativity towards this hub.. But what do you think?

|

7/4/2013 5:48 PM

Best hub you can buy......

|

7/4/2013 5:57 PM

I have it. Most solid hub I've ever had. The bearings are strong, definitely not a weak point. The driver bearing is needle roller, best in the industry. I have only heard one or two people say something about the 9t driver. I have the 10t because I'm running a 1G8. You really can't go wrong by buying the Ratchet. Both my wheels have Gsport rims and hubs. Best purchase ever.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/4/2013 7:22 PM

I'm running a animal javeiln rear and its holding up very well I had a gsport no problems but my shadow chain always rubbed on the hubshell

|

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

7/5/2013 4:59 AM

I've run 2 ratchets. Only changed over cause i found a 48 spoke one.

They are bombproof hubs

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/5/2013 5:54 AM

its not the 9t driver that wears out. its the plastic bash guard on the drive side cone that wears away. they really are bombproof. get one you wont be disappointed

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/5/2013 7:49 AM

I have an Original Ratchet. They revised the Hub Shell because the Shadow Chains pins are so wide they rubbed on the Hub Shell. Whilst it didn't do any structural damage it didn't look very pleasing to the eye a gauge all the way round the Hub Shell haha. Like i said i have an Original one, I've had it since 2 weeks after they were released. It is the most Solid feeling hub i have ever owned. It is a beast when it comes to strength! Over sized Bearings, Over sized Inner Axle, Big ass 14mm Bolts. My only complaint is the engagement It's a bit sluggish compared to say as Profile (Which i have also) and other hubs well known for excellent engagement like the Primo Mix. This comes down to the fact that it has a 3 Pawl Driver. OK they are individually sprung which does help a little but it almost feels like there is a little slack in the engagement. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this Hub, they have worked out all the kinks now, this hub is far superior to the majority of the other cassette hubs on the market right now. Now it comes down to my suggestion for an alternative..

Shadow Conspiracy BTR.. It features a 17mm CRMO Inner Axle, OK it is a little smaller the Ratchet but i can still guarantee you will never break it! It also has 14mm Bolts so you don't have to worry about getting axle adapters for your 14mm pegs like you would if you got one of the numerous hubs that have Shemale Axles! It has a 4 Pawl Individually sprung driver which means the engagement will feel quicker than the Ratchet. (Which i personally prefer!) Press Fit Collars just like the Ratchet but unlike the Ratchet you can get a Heat Treated CRMO Hub Guard, Not only are these stronger, they slide better compared to a similar guard made of say 7075. Another feature that the Ratchet Does NOT have is a Drive Side Guard, You can get a Heat Treated CRMO DSG so your Driver & Chain are protected if you grind all sloppy! Opening up a whole new world of Grind options!

Honestly there are a few different alternatives to the Ratchet out there you just have to look! I am contemplating getting a Tree Straight Pull Cassette Myself!

|

7/5/2013 9:26 AM

the bad part is George French is a piece of shit so if something fucks up he will not help you in any way, that life time warranty shit is a lie

he still owes me a ratchet hub for not helping when the hub was faulty made and i have no money to shit it to his retarded ass, i have gave him many chances to send me a new hub and to make shit right cause if he did i wouldn't be typing this

im sure the hub is fine now that all the bugs are out, still kinda wonder if there was ever a true one piece driver made for it because the first ratchets did not have a one piece driver at all more like a bunch of junk held together with a few ring clip things so it was like a 10t driver made as retarded as it possible could be and i dont see how the fuck it was released like that other than the fact George is a fucking piece of shit

I honestly want to give one a try again but only if George sends me one for free for being such a fucking ass hole

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/5/2013 3:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2013 4:04 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

the bad part is George French is a piece of shit so if something fucks up he will not help you in any way, that life time warranty shit is a lie

he still owes me a ratchet hub for not helping when the hub was faulty made and i have no money to shit it to his retarded ass, i have gave him many chances to send me a new hub and to make shit right cause if he did i wouldn't be typing this

im sure the hub is fine now that all the bugs are out, still kinda wonder if there was ever a true one piece driver made for it because the first ratchets did not have a one piece driver at all more like a bunch of junk held together with a few ring clip things so it was like a 10t driver made as retarded as it possible could be and i dont see how the fuck it was released like that other than the fact George is a fucking piece of shit

I honestly want to give one a try again but only if George sends me one for free for being such a fucking ass hole

Perhaps you were the asshole. George seems to be a bit of a sarcastic person to dumb people. I admire that in a person.

I know (Know) you didn't approach the situation properly, which is why you didn't get a free hub and are now crying because you didn't get something for free.

Wait... you are plzdntfailmeagn. Don't know if we already came to this conclusion. On 9/27/12, you said this in a thread about the BTR.

"right 3pwls is sketchey and they roll super slow over weight as well, the rachet was a huge disapointment for me, and the gsport dude is a fag for not just sending me a new drive"

"Life time warranty my ass, only way ill ride one again is if he sends it to me for free"

Didn't you say you weren't him? Or did we already figure that out? Because he said virtually the exact same thing you did with the same style of typing.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/5/2013 4:17 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

the bad part is George French is a piece of shit so if something fucks up he will not help you in any way, that life time warranty shit is a lie

he still owes me a ratchet hub for not helping when the hub was faulty made and i have no money to shit it to his retarded ass, i have gave him many chances to send me a new hub and to make shit right cause if he did i wouldn't be typing this

im sure the hub is fine now that all the bugs are out, still kinda wonder if there was ever a true one piece driver made for it because the first ratchets did not have a one piece driver at all more like a bunch of junk held together with a few ring clip things so it was like a 10t driver made as retarded as it possible could be and i dont see how the fuck it was released like that other than the fact George is a fucking piece of shit

I honestly want to give one a try again but only if George sends me one for free for being such a fucking ass hole

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Perhaps you were the asshole. George seems to be a bit of a sarcastic person to dumb people. I admire that in a person.

I know (Know) you didn't approach the situation properly, which is why you didn't get a free hub and are now crying because you didn't get something for free.

Wait... you are plzdntfailmeagn. Don't know if we already came to this conclusion. On 9/27/12, you said this in a thread about the BTR.

"right 3pwls is sketchey and they roll super slow over weight as well, the rachet was a huge disapointment for me, and the gsport dude is a fag for not just sending me a new drive"

"Life time warranty my ass, only way ill ride one again is if he sends it to me for free"

Didn't you say you weren't him? Or did we already figure that out? Because he said virtually the exact same thing you did with the same style of typing.

not sure if that was sarcasm but yes he is plzdntfailmeagn. i had a busted 9t and just called up full factory and they sent me a new 10t no questions asked. it had to have been the approach. i even told full factory i bought the hub on here and they didnt care

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/5/2013 5:14 PM

Whereby you screaming for a full new hub just because the threads pulled out on your axle?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.