So yeah I'm an Idiot

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2015 10:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2015 10:24 PM

Ok.

I fly airplanes.

I do an extreme sport, BMX.

I mountain bike and love technical stuff.

And I'm an idiot. I have some injuries, torn ligaments in a finger, broke a toe, displaced a bone in my wrist, and torn the ligaments in my big toe on the other foot. Great.

I'm posting this to make me feel worst and embarrass me more so that i never do the same mistake ever again.

The worst part of it is that they come from stupid accidents.

Finger? Got crushed by a fat goof while playing soccer/football while small.

Broken toe? I tell the girls I did it while BMXing, but I actually jumped on my bed.

Wrist? Now, this is a legit injury, but stupid nevertheless. I flat 180ed, landed bad, and the wrists took the brunt of the crash because I didn't want to dirty me shirt. Hm...

ANd here I am! Torn the ligaments in my big toe on the right foot!

Inflamed as hell. Hurts as hell. Did it yesterday. And school starts on Tuesday! Way to go buddy!

How?

Pretty stupid.

I was out trying to land a good 360 on flat. Tried a lot. Came close sometimes. Got a bit angry. So I decided to cool down and pop my perfect 180s. I got one, landed bad, but bailed out in time.

Then I got Shane-Weston-mad. Really angry. Really bad.

Now, I usually am a calm type, and can control myself quite well ( I fancy people who can do that and appear cold, lifeless, etc, you know the type). But that time, at that moment, at that place, I let go.

I kicked the rear tire.

And overextended the toe, tearing the ligaments.

Way to go, buddy.

I can't ride. I can't dig. I can't move. I can't walk. And FUCK I have school in like, 1-2 days!

Don't be stupid kids.

Who has had their fare share of stupid accidents?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

8/29/2015 11:30 PM

Hey I fucked my right big toe up too! It's not been 100% since sometime in May of this year... Hopefully I didn't tear anything in it...

I think I take the cake on dumb injuries though, 9/10 times I hurt myself, it's doing something stupid. I tore my ACL bunnyhopping going down hill when it was drizzling out, I looped out as I hopped as high as I could going fairly fast, went to plant my leg and I guess my foot slipped since it was wet out, and my knee went with it. It was RIGHT after school too so a fuckton of people walking home saw it too... Somehow got back on my bike, tried riding off but couldn't make it so I had to get picked up... To make matters worse, it started pouring right after which sucked.

|

8/30/2015 12:35 AM

I go shane weston mad every time I ride.

|

8/30/2015 8:23 AM

Yesterday in next to my flat storage someone left wood against the wall at a slight angle so rode upto it to use it as a ramp onto the wall but not thinking about the wood just being sat there it moved so I just went into the wall, luckily I had pulled up hard like I was gunna hop anyway do I just like bounced off the bike onto the floor hahah

|

8/30/2015 10:10 AM

I don't get angry like that when I am riding.. like ever? I try tricks repetitively but i very rarely let it get the best of me. I continuously wonder why people take things out on inanimate objects instead of just thinking through it logically and trying again. Kicking things like a bike is always dumb.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/30/2015 2:50 PM

I broke a titanium plate on my collarbone while hopping over a small planter gap i had done a million times. Last week i tried to 360 down a 5 stair that i can do easily, and i spun into the rail and fell into geese poop.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/30/2015 4:41 PM

I don't like when people self shame. To me it just seems like they want compliments. Not saying thats you but its what it seems like here.

I've flipped over on my mtb going down a steep trail. I saw a rock and didn't know it was sort of like a jump so I just flew off of it and scorpioned hard. It hurt pretty bad man

|

8/31/2015 6:28 AM

i have stupid crashes all the time xD mostly because i mess around when riding when i get tired, like the other week i saw a puddle, i thought i would ride though it then make some marks on the road so it looks like a snake, while looking back to see the snake trail i was making my bars locked up and then turned on me, my bike fell under me and i landed on my bike when my bike was on the ground and i grinded like another foot while sitting on the bike while it was layed on the ground and i laughed so hard with my mate! until i looked and saw i scratched my new bars and messed up my stem, oh well!

|

8/31/2015 6:56 AM

Coopers25 wrote:

I don't like when people self shame. To me it just seems like they want compliments. Not saying thats you but its what it ...more

This.

Reminds me of all the stupid "I'm so ugly" posts girls post all over social media.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/31/2015 5:14 PM

I dint remember tge last time I had an idiotic crash.
I dont do big stuff tho unsure
I watch were I put my front wheel. never goes shane-weston -mad.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

8/31/2015 6:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2015 6:35 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

I don't like when people self shame. To me it just seems like they want compliments. Not saying thats you but its what it ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

This.

Reminds me of all the stupid "I'm so ugly" posts girls post all over social media.

I don't want compliments for a stupid accident, no thank you. I get those from my parents already...and a gift! No hospital because it's a stupid accident smile I'm cool with it tho, a decent one is like 2 hours away from here. Thanks for proposing too. Love you.

Imagine a bit man, you are a cool (as in temperature, self control, etc) guy, you never hit your bike or throw it, you respect it, you are that 100% perfect person. I am like that ( dont we all agree? XD). Then i threw my bike. It's like a shock, morally and physically. sick

I am not here to focus on my injury, I am here to use advantage of it to see if anyone else has hurt themselves in a stupid way, contribute to forum life. You know the forum's going good when there are guys insulting others of girly behavior. X) Who's girly now w00t

Plus, I want the guy reading this to remember how I acted and to keep cool while on the verge of doing the same mistake. We can learn from mistakes, it's why they happen.

|

8/31/2015 6:41 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I don't get angry like that when I am riding.. like ever? I try tricks repetitively but i very rarely let it get the best of ...more

Same. until I freaked out.

That's the same way I think. I don't get it why people take it out on dead stuff, ending up by injuring themselves and getting nothing. I always think like that. But be careful when you let go one day. I still don't understand why I did that to be honest. And it DIDNT feel good whistling

When I get frustrated over a trick that I can't land, I usually walk away to calm down, maybe tweak and show some love to the jumps to evacuate the steam. Then I come back. I notice that the angrier I get, the less chance I have to actually land it.

Riding is for fun anyways...

We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike.

Quoted from Nancy...*clears throat*... Dave.tongue

|

9/1/2015 5:00 AM

When I get mad like that I stop trying whatever I was trying and come back to it later.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura