Sold my Bike

Related:
Create New Tag

6/26/2016 11:10 PM

... my SPARE bike . Haha , you wish I was out !

I got some cash now and after bills and helping my mom , I have some leftovers . Help please , I don't make threads to piss people off , I make them for suggestions and help ( regardless if some of you are cunts ) .

I can get Animal 170mm cranks off Transition for 230$ or something .

165mm is 300$ . How big will 5mm make ? If I'm gonna use that much , I'd rather get what I want . At the same time , 70$ more for 5mm is a bit more than I'd want to spend. I can wait for BSD cranks in 165mm or get Eclat Tibias in 165mm , but I like Animals 3 piece design , even though it's nothing crazy .

Should I get 165mm and spend more , or save a bit and get 170 ? Can anyone show me a graph or whatever the fuck it's called where they're compared ? Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/26/2016 11:41 PM

I wouldn't spend that much more for a 5mm difference. But it's your bike and you want to dial it in to how you want it. If you get the animal cranks you might wish you didn't and spent the extra money.

I'm buying a new stem this week. I'm getting the fly central because I want a little bit more rise and need to lose my spacer because my steerer is too short. My current stem is only a couple of months old but it's too high, so it's flipped and gives me -1mm rise. I want the new one in black, but can get it in polished for half the price so I don't know which to go for haha. I'll probably get the black just because then I'll be getting the one I want rather than getting it in polished and maybe regret it.

So you should get the one you want to dial your bike in how you want it.

|

6/27/2016 7:55 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

... my SPARE bike . Haha , you wish I was out !

I got some cash now and after bills and helping my mom , I have some ...more

If you run four pegs and have a short back end, that 5mm might be the difference between hitting your back foot or not..idk about you, but that's one thing I really can't tolerate on my set up and I've been there and done that..bought 170's..hit my back foot, and winded up buying 165's..problem solved..so it's up to you if you want to risk it..if you don't run four pegs or it doesn't bother you then disregard everything I've told you!

|

6/27/2016 11:23 AM

5mm isn't really a noticeable change get the 230 ones animal cranks are nice I was thinking about going with them but then I decided to go with 1664

|

6/27/2016 12:41 PM

I'm going to 3ride today I think . As much as I want Animal cranks in 165 , I can NOT justify 300$ on them especially in my situation ( no job atm ) . The 170mm for 230$ is nice but I'm only buying cranks for the shorter size , so 170 isn't exactly my first go . I'll probably end up buying 165mm Fiend cranks , if I end up good today

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/27/2016 10:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2016 10:46 PM

I'm going to 3ride today I think . As much as I want Animal cranks in 165 , I can NOT justify 300$ on them especially in my ...more

The 165mm cranks are more expensive because they are newer and because of the cnd $ they cost more to purchase.

If you want to grab the 170s I'll hook up free shipping for you.

Animal cranks also come with an install tool and grease which is pretty nice.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

6/27/2016 11:05 PM

I was about to say welcome to the club... Ive been bike less for about 10 months

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/28/2016 12:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2016 2:36 AM

I'm going to 3ride today I think . As much as I want Animal cranks in 165 , I can NOT justify 300$ on them especially in my ...more

transition_chris wrote:

The 165mm cranks are more expensive because they are newer and because of the cnd $ they cost more to purchase.

If you want ...more

I was curious about that , thanks . I'm still not sure exactly what size I want but I do know Animal cranks are what I want . I'd prefer 165 because it'll feel more noticeable and less chance of hitting my peg ( if I get 170 and they still hit , I'd be kinda bummed LOL ) . At the the same time 170's are cheaper . I appreciate the free shipping offer !

I plan on buying a BB with it as well , so I'd be able to use the freeship code regardless as its over 250$ .

I know you don't know me in person so I'm not really expecting anything , but if wanted 165mm Animal cranks and a BB , would you be able to take 10$ off or something ? I heard they have a high MSRP and I even asked my local shop but the owner is gone ( he decided always ) but my friend was like if you did get a discount it wouldn't be much at all because of it the MSRP and Atlantis Vancouver wants 360$ for 175mm . Oh by the way saw a bunch of bikers ( made a thread ) and 2 had Bonesaws and one was from you he said he knows you and Isaac . Didn't catch his name though.

Edit : I mean bad margin , oops
@feebletoface I remember hearing about that a while ago , missed you on here . What happened again ?

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/28/2016 11:59 AM

I can do an extra $10 off the cranks, just use the FREESHIP code on the website, then I'll take another $10 off for you if you put your order through.

I'm guessing that was either Jordan Siudy or Riley Abramyk that you met, they are both from here and out in Van right now on Bonesaws!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

6/28/2016 4:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2016 11:34 PM

transition_chris wrote:

I can do an extra $10 off the cranks, just use the FREESHIP code on the website, then I'll take another $10 off for you if you ...more

Yeaup Riley for sure I heard his name , he had a beard and was a bit shorter I think . Transition Sticker on his headtube . He learned how to air above coping like a day before he told me so he was sending it like 3 feet above coping , guess he was vibing off everyone haha ! Other Bonesaw guy has glasses , skinny , think he was bald maybe ? Or really short hair if not . He was nice , he noticed I had a Bonesaw and he yelled across the skatepark "BONNNEESSAAAWWW!" ( maybe from that link you posted before , Bonesaw is ready ) . I gave him the chips I think .

Thanks for the help , I was originally going to get BSD cranks but once I looked at your site I was like "Damn , those look sweet" . I'm about to have a nap , I'll go to the mall later and grab a pre-paid card .

|

My Cult 2 Short

6/30/2016 11:36 PM

Cranks are ordered , @Transition I dealt with Andrew , he phoned and said my pre paid wasn't verified with my address ( I registered it though ) and he said he'd get back on me , I got an email saying it went through , but I just double checked with you .

|

My Cult 2 Short