Someone help me with 540s

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2013 7:51 PM

So i was trying to 540 a 5 stair and couldnt get past a 360 before hitting the ground. Prolly a dumb question but wouldnt it be much easier trying off a high ass ledge rather then a stair sey with a small drop? Or am i not spinning hard enough?

|

Startin a new team of BMX lesbians called Bikes N Dykes

7/18/2013 8:12 PM

Well the most i can do is 540 on a mellow bank. Mostly because if i land it, i cant fakie it. Working on it. But yeah, its simpler to do it off a ledge, mostly because there is less worry about clipping something. and yes, spin harder. You gotta really freaking look HARD to get that thing to spin.dont carve too much or it wont work, carve a lot, no more than 60 or 70 degees, then freakin pull the bars close to you and push out at around 270, makes it land cleaner and helps with the spin. Just dont forget, this sort of thing is really sketchy off stairs, and be sure you can spin a 540 off a jump or a curb or something you wont get mangled on!! And always be ready to fakie at the end. The part i can grasp at the moment, but if you arent scared to pull it off stairs and such, go for it. Be careful man!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/18/2013 8:19 PM

I can't 180
But have you seen Brad Simms' how to 540? might help, might not

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/18/2013 8:30 PM

Fake or gay! We need an attempt video!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/18/2013 10:20 PM

I want to try them but my 3's are still weird....and you have to BLAST to even have time to spin it

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/19/2013 7:14 AM

Jut turn your head over your shoulder further than humanly possible. and tuck a lot. here's an old video of o.e of mine idk if its legit or not. i can do them better on better banks but that one was almost flat. but i think drops would be a lot nicer to learn tgem on than stairs. tricks down stairs scare me.

&feature=youtube_gdata_player
|

7/19/2013 10:07 AM

ok..here is the thing...for flyout, dip your 360 abit, and when you get close to 340, pullup and yank hard to try and get that extra 180...on a bank start by carving hard, and just practice..

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

7/19/2013 10:57 AM

I don't understand 540s to fakie I can 5 on quarters and steep banks but that's it always seemed to blow of the pedals when I was trying them

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/19/2013 11:24 AM

I never tried 540s off stairs.
Only landed them on quarters/pipes, way easier and if you bail you can't fuck up that bad, I only got a peg to my leg once and couldn't really walk at first but nothing too serious.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/19/2013 11:24 AM

Gonna film some attempts off this dock tonight

|

Startin a new team of BMX lesbians called Bikes N Dykes

2/20/2014 7:23 AM

try it off something 5 ft tall drop and don't try to jump high just carve a lot and keep ur head turned the whole time and pop off hard so u rotate fast

|

2/20/2014 7:34 AM

i'm having trouble with 540 but here are some advices, if you wanna try them off a ledge, don't carve too much, or you will completely lose the control of the bike and will make it 100x harder to land it, you have to pull a lot without carving too much, and put your bars as close as you can to you. dont try them down stairs before you can do it off a ledge because you will surely crash as you have to go faster to clear the stair set. the best way to learn 540 is out of banks, that way you get the rotation, don't learn them out of a quarter pipe and expect to be able to do it easily off ledges, because it's completely different. here is a video of how i was able to land them out of a steep bank, it was in summer, and i could only land them that day. http://instagram.com/p/eab52JNMLn/ this is what happens when you carve too much, it's harder to stabilize the bike http://instagram.com/p/gjNBBgAuY0/
just keep trying it out of banks and then you will know how to spin properly

|