Son got his WTP, now Dad wants a bike...

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2013 6:59 AM

So, I bought my son a new 2013 WTP Trust, and am actualluy a little jealous after riding it. I never had anything this nice when I was younger. Now, I want a bike. I am 42, but at 5-8 140, I am still in pretty good shape, have loads of energy and want back on one.

I have 2 different range bikes I am looking at (2-2013's, 2- 2014's)

3 are DSP, one is a race bike. I may actually spend more time riding for training to get in better shape, but I dont want a MTB or road bike.

Some different price ranges also, still waiting to hear back on a few.

1. 2013 Redline Proline Pro (race)- I think I can get in the $450-$500 range
2. 2013 Redline Covet (DSP) - I am thinking around $450-$500
3. 2014 Redline Asset (DSP) - I know this is lower level, but still looking, nice looking bike - New $400
4. 2014 WTP Zodiac Grey Chrome (DSP)- This is $815 new, but will most likely be the choice if I sell my Sportster.

Any owners of thes bikes have any feedback. I would love to hear from anyone owning a Redline race bike.

Thanks.

|

11/5/2013 7:02 AM

Wethepeople zodiac out of that list mate for sure. You won't regret it.

Welcome back bro.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/5/2013 7:13 AM

Thanks man. I am selling my HD for now, so damn dangerous on the road with all the cagers. I can go back when my kid is grown and on his own. Right now, I can sell it, buy a killer BMX and ride with him, spend more time together.

I know the Zodiac is what I really want, and is no issue once I sell the bike. The 2014 Zodiac in grey chrome is freakin sick, like a work of art. I think I will just be a little patient and get the one I really want. Not much outdoor season left in Iowa anyway.

Thanks.

|

11/5/2013 7:20 AM

Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, I have owned two Redline completes within the last few years. A 2011 Complex I bought for my wife, and a 2012 Column I got for myself. The Column felt quality, but neither my wife or I was thrilled with the quality of the Complex. The high end bikes are decent, but you're looking at 1200, and there are numerous bikes that are better for less than that. Take a look at Sunday completes as well as the Fit Wifi complete. With all of them, the better stuff is higher priced, but you're looking in a decent enough range to get a pretty nice complete.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/5/2013 7:30 AM

I am in Iowa, and we don't have crap for BMX stores. Any big stores down in Missouri? We got to the Ozarks a few times a year and I would love to stop in and actually look at a bunch of BMX completes.

|

11/5/2013 7:41 AM

If you don't have an LBS check dans or empire, they should have all those bikes and this time a year they usually have good deals going

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/5/2013 7:56 AM

I just went to Dan's and Empire, did not see a single Redline or WTP bike.

The bikes I listed above are what I am interested in, although, the Asset is probably out too.

If I decide on a race bike, will go Proline Pro, unless I hear more from any race bike owners.

Most likely the WTP after seing my son's Trust, but I may consider the 2013 Covet depending on price from Rich at SBS.

|

11/5/2013 9:34 AM

warrick wrote:

I just went to Dan's and Empire, did not see a single Redline or WTP bike.

The bikes I listed above are what I am interested in, although, the Asset is probably out too.

If I decide on a race bike, will go Proline Pro, unless I hear more from any race bike owners.

Most likely the WTP after seing my son's Trust, but I may consider the 2013 Covet depending on price from Rich at SBS.

Albes is the online store with Redlines, but Redline doesn't allow their bikes to be shipped from the stores. The Covet should be a good bike to get back into it on. I started to buy one in 2011, then realized for a few more hundreds, I could get the Column. Since then, however, I have come to realize there are "more bang for your buck" completes out there. The 2013's should be on sale now. Albes actually has a 2012 Column I believe, but in not sure they ship them.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/5/2013 9:37 AM

There's also 22" wheel bikes.

|

11/5/2013 9:55 AM

I am waiting on a price quote on the 2013 Covet in Matte Silver. The 2014 Covet's are down $50, so I am hoping to see a good price. I have a guy at SBS who gives me details, then have to ask the guy at Ichi to get prices from SBS.

If the price is not LOW on this, will wait til spring and roll the 2014 WTP Zodiac.

|

11/5/2013 11:04 AM

warrick wrote:

Thanks man. I am selling my HD for now, so damn dangerous on the road with all the cagers. I can go back when my kid is grown and on his own. Right now, I can sell it, buy a killer BMX and ride with him, spend more time together.

I know the Zodiac is what I really want, and is no issue once I sell the bike. The 2014 Zodiac in grey chrome is freakin sick, like a work of art. I think I will just be a little patient and get the one I really want. Not much outdoor season left in Iowa anyway.

Thanks.

Get the zodiac!! My buddies had one for a year or so and its rides perfect and is balaced perfectly

|

11/5/2013 10:19 PM

Hi warrick and welcome to Vital. Dan's for sure has WTP: I have no idea why they aren't showing up on their site (I just checked and you're right). I just got my new Dan's catalog yesterday and the first company in there for complete bikes is WTP. Anyway, I have an Envy and love it. I ride with my son and have a blast, so good luck with everything and I hope you're able to ride soon!!

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

11/6/2013 2:29 AM

If you're willing to spend 1k get the Sunday Soundwave or Fit Wifi complete bikes.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle