Sort of a geometry question...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/29/2017 2:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/29/2017 2:23 PM

So I have a Fiend Reynolds V1 frame and the backend is 13.5" slammed... I want to install a halflink becasue my wheel is ALL the way on the back of my dropouts... but I have 10" bars and a topload stem and was wondering I don't want my wheel slammed (if I install a single halflink it would be like 13.7" backend) so will it make it easy to loop out with a 13.7" back end and 10" bars and a topload? Thanks!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/29/2017 2:28 PM

For a few days. And then you will be used to it.

|

Hmmm

10/29/2017 7:26 PM

Edman123 wrote:

For a few days. And then you will be used to it.

I figured that... I just don't want to much front end leverage and loop out every time I manual or what not

|

10/29/2017 11:18 PM

You won't even really notice a half link. But, if you're asking the question, maybe your bars are too big

|

10/30/2017 12:11 AM

Once you get a good feel for it, I'm sure you'll "ride into it" just fine.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/30/2017 6:50 AM

I had 10" bars and a frame with 13.5 slammed , I ran it at about 13.75 and that whole set up was the best feeling bike build I've ever had . I miss it to be honest , it was a fun one .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/30/2017 8:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/30/2017 8:35 AM

I've got 10" bars with a top load & a 13.25 CS. I don't loop out at all. It's all relevant to what you are used to. If you were left with a huffy with an 18" TT & 15" rear as the only bike you could ever do any tricks on, you'd get used to it. & you'd look great on it, BTW... especially with the grip tassels!

|

10/30/2017 9:14 AM

I'm sure you will not notice a difference at all with shortening your chain /moving the wheel slightly forwards so it's more in the dropouts. I run 10 bars on a Reynolds V2 with no issues.. I also had the V1 before this

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

10/30/2017 9:35 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I've got 10" bars with a top load & a 13.25 CS. I don't loop out at all. It's all relevant to what you are used to. If you ...more

YES, THE GRIP TASSLES! I have some on my bike now, and they actually gave me like 10 more street credit! AMAZING! Haha lol I don't really even ride street so I guess you can say park creds? But I'll probably take it down to my LBS becasue my chain breaker sucks and I don't feel like ruining my chain... But thanks guys for your input, I've just been so used to have a long backend and boy with a long backend and tall front end I was able to manual for legit dayz... Hopefully it won't take long to get used to pretty much half an inch off my backend...

|

10/30/2017 10:06 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I've got 10" bars with a top load & a 13.25 CS. I don't loop out at all. It's all relevant to what you are used to. If you ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

YES, THE GRIP TASSLES! I have some on my bike now, and they actually gave me like 10 more street credit! AMAZING! Haha lol I ...more

I hear ya. That is the one "downside" to the Eastern Shovel.... it has a tiny rear end. On a chic, great! I'm not as big of a fan on a bike. BUTT (see what I did there?), like I said, you get used to it & deal with it.

|