Sounds kinda noob, I know, but...

Related:
Create New Tag

10/5/2017 4:54 AM

... what do you think of this if I can get it at a decent price? Like, spare cash sorta money.

http://sebikes.com/archive/2009/wildman-x-pert4

|

10/5/2017 5:21 AM

Not my cup of tea, but not a bad bike. There's a few bits would need upgrading pretty early on for a main ride

|

10/5/2017 5:28 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Not my cup of tea, but not a bad bike. There's a few bits would need upgrading pretty early on for a main ride

Yeah, it wouldn't be a main ride, by any stretch. I would probably clean it up & maybe give it to someone who needs it. Someone riding a POS but really could use a good bike.

|

10/5/2017 10:59 AM

I think I could get it for $75 but I'm leaning towards not getting it. Just another bike laying around.

|

10/5/2017 11:02 AM

liquor store/bar hopping bike

|

It’s all bmx

10/5/2017 11:42 AM

75? Jump on it!

|

10/5/2017 12:52 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

liquor store/bar hopping bike

this is exactly what i was thinking

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

10/5/2017 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2017 4:16 PM

Well, I wasn't going to but I got a great deal on it. Backup bike or a freebie for some kid who needs it.
Full chromo frame forks, bars, cranks. Not the most attractive but whatever. Photo

Photo

|

10/5/2017 4:44 PM

Im jealous. Thats a great deal! Its not bad looking at all!

Only thing Id change, is taller bars and a pivotal seat.

|

10/5/2017 5:59 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Actually got it at an even better price! Yeah... The bars are stupid small! Thinking maybe perfect 10's. Thoughts? I mean, I have to do something with it & since you so highly recommended the trans gold, I totally trust your opinion now.

|

10/5/2017 6:01 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Actually got it at an even better price! Yeah... The bars are stupid small! Thinking maybe perfect 10's. Thoughts? I mean, I have to do something with it & since you so highly recommended the trans gold, I totally trust your opinion now.

Im thinking elevenz

|

10/5/2017 6:13 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Im thinking elevenz

You're a jerk.

|

10/5/2017 6:20 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Im thinking elevenz

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You're a jerk.

Lol were you seriously asking? I assumed you were poking at me since I got a set of perfect 10's recently...

I like them alot they feel really good.

I actually was thinking about getting some elevenz but found some perfect 10's cheap.

|

10/5/2017 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2017 7:44 PM

No, I was actually being serious (about you being a jerk.... Lol). No I was serious about the opinion of bars. The as end of this bike is 14.25" so the extra leverage up front would probably be good.

|

10/5/2017 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/5/2017 8:13 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

No, I was actually being serious (about you being a jerk.... Lol). No I was serious about the opinion of bars. The as end of this bike is 14.25" so the extra leverage up front would probably be good.

I think they would help a lot! When I rode my buddies bike with them equipped I felt like I was in such a comfortable position and could hop pretty decent for how heavy and long his bike was. They just feel right, not sure if its the marketing or literally just the size but something clicked and I knew Id end up with some perfect 10's eventually.

|

10/5/2017 8:16 PM

Sick score mish...

|

10/5/2017 8:24 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I think they would help a lot! When I rode my buddies bike with them equipped I felt like I was in such a comfortable position and could hop pretty decent for how heavy and long his bike was. They just feel right, not sure if its the marketing or literally just the size but something clicked and I knew Id end up with some perfect 10's eventually.

I honestly believe that the short bar thing was a fad pushed by pros that actually fit those bars. & that for 20" bikes, bar height is really important & an essential fitment component. When I rode my decade pro, I had dyno D bars which were very tall by comparison to today's standard bars. & although the tt on the decade was only 18.5", I could totally hop & did shit that I could hardly even fathom on the bikes from the 2010 era (super short bars). I thought I was just out of it too long but it was really just the geo & parts changes that I couldn't wrap my head around.

|

10/5/2017 8:25 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Sick score mish...

Thanx, Bro.

|

10/6/2017 4:43 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Im thinking elevenz

Speaking of Elevenz.... anyone ever ridden them? (due to the short bars on the SE, I am looking at all tall bars.... sorta like "well, if 10 is good, Elevenz MUST BE better!" sort of thing).

|

10/6/2017 5:58 AM

nice buy, if you upgrade parts do the fork and front wheel last thing you'd want is your front end giving out on you.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

10/6/2017 8:42 AM

definitely a great score. my step son's bike is an 08 SE Wildman...got it for free so I wasn't complaining.

Photo

he has since put some black Vandal Bars and new grips on it.

It is heavy, but rides alright...good for what he does right now

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/6/2017 8:46 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

definitely a great score. my step son's bike is an 08 SE Wildman...got it for free so I wasn't complaining.

Photo

Its sXe!

Its great to see kids ride. Makes my heart feel warm.

|

10/6/2017 8:54 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Photo

I like his color better than mine. But hey, price was right, eh? How old is your son? What size bars did he go with?

|

10/6/2017 8:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2017 8:59 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Its sXe!

yep!! When I was young (in the 70's), riding BMX and playing drums were my life. That's all I did. i have sooo many good memories of riding bikes every where. There was a gang of about 15 of us , and we (thought) we ruled the neighborhood. Imagine 10-15 Mongooses, Redlines, Hutches, Haro's... always parked in a line at the house, pool, or school bike rack. People knew who we were!!! It was awesome.

When he wanted to get into it, i was like "hell yeah" dude. ...and he is got into playing drums as well....I wanted him to have a positive outlet for entertainment. At "real dads", all he does is sit in his room and play video games b/c real dad sux...he is considered a nuisance over there.

to this day, those are still my main activities..and I am lucky enough to get payed to play drums for a living now. The biking sort of takes some of that money away smile, but it is money well spent.

during the school year, we spend our Sunday mornings at the skatepark ,and Sunday evenings on the mountain bike trail. The time in between is drumming or homework..

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

10/6/2017 8:58 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Photo

It shouldn't be too heavy. Mine is about 26#. It's a model year newer but I couldn't see it being that different... unless it's a different model or maybe they had a non-full cromo version in 08?

|

10/6/2017 9:15 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Photo

Bulletpup wrote:

Its sXe!

sXeBMXer wrote:

yep!! When I was young (in the 70's), riding BMX and playing drums were my life. That's all I did. i have sooo many good memories of riding bikes every where. There was a gang of about 15 of us , and we (thought) we ruled the neighborhood. Imagine 10-15 Mongooses, Redlines, Hutches, Haro's... always parked in a line at the house, pool, or school bike rack. People knew who we were!!! It was awesome.

When he wanted to get into it, i was like "hell yeah" dude. ...and he is got into playing drums as well....I wanted him to have a positive outlet for entertainment. At "real dads", all he does is sit in his room and play video games b/c real dad sux...he is considered a nuisance over there.

to this day, those are still my main activities..and I am lucky enough to get payed to play drums for a living now. The biking sort of takes some of that money away smile, but it is money well spent.

during the school year, we spend our Sunday mornings at the skatepark ,and Sunday evenings on the mountain bike trail. The time in between is drumming or homework..

I remember you explaining the situation before. Hes lucky to have you in his life.

|

10/6/2017 9:28 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I like his color better than mine. But hey, price was right, eh? How old is your son? What size bars did he go with?

he went with 9's. New wheels are next on the radar. He is working to pay for it all himself, which is awesome. He is 10 days away from being 16 now. When we got this he was 13...time flies for sure. He is looking at getting a small truck to haul bikes, drums and hockey equipment in...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

10/6/2017 11:28 AM

Set it up as a flatland bike!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/6/2017 6:19 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

... what do you think of this if I can get it at a decent price? Like, spare cash sorta money.

http://sebikes.com/archive/2009/wildman-x-pert4

Other than tiny bars and the pinch bolt cranks. They aren’t bad. Friend years ago got one. And now you might want to change the seat too.

|