Sourcing Kenda 18" red tyres in the UK

Related:
Create New Tag

7/14/2016 11:39 AM

Hello

I bought a Haro Downtown 18" for my son for his birthday. One of the tyres is faulty, there's a tear in the sidewall. I called the dealer for a replacement and he said he can't get me one as you can only get the red tyres (Kenda Kontact K841 18x2.25) with a bike, you can't buy them separately. My son really wants the black bike/red tyre look so I thought I'd have a look myself as he'll need a new tyre or two eventually anyway but I literally can't find one anywhere in the UK. I know I could return the bike to the dealer and get the same bike from somewhere else but if I did that I'd still need to replace the tyres sooner or later.

Does anyone know where I can get one please, I feel bad for my son as he's got a shiny new BMX that he's not been able to ride it.

Thanks very much in advance.
Ben

|

7/14/2016 11:47 AM

They don't exist I'm afraid. Your best bet would be to contact the haro distributor moore and large, they might have a spare one from a bike they've had to strip. But that's about your only chance

|

7/14/2016 11:48 AM

Heya.

There's a brand named "Duro" that makes an 18" tire in red of a 1.95" size.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5991R65495&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Cycle+Parts-_-9SIA5991R65495&gclid=CLLmttTO880CFU1rfgodZSIIzw&gclsrc=aw.ds

The shade doesn't exactly match the Kenda, but if you can't find any Kontact tires, maybe this is the next best?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn