Spank tweet tweet grips?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2016 5:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 5:58 AM

Are these unusual grips worth it? Im asking this because i have never in my life seen grips that smell like vanilla, orange, apple, etc. Does this affect the grips' life time in any way? I know no one likes topics about grips but i havent seen anyone say anything about these. Thanks :-)

|

4/11/2016 6:21 AM

They might last as long as a normal grip. But to me it's just a gimmick. And they're not a bmx company so I wouldn't support them tongue

|

4/11/2016 6:33 AM

I wouldn't want that smell on my hands all day...

Love their pedals for MTB though

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/11/2016 7:08 AM

I dunno if its a bad smell...it is apple after all, and yeah, i know its not a bmx company but i was just asking..some bmx parts site from my city says its for dirt/street...so i considered it for bmx....i was stupid it seems. Thanks anyway for the reply :-)

|

4/11/2016 9:38 AM

Not stupid, It is good to ask.

I don't have any problems crossing between BMX parts and MTB if they work. I will definitely put VP pedals on my BMX's here this spring since I just put the mon my MTB and they freaking ROCK!!! They are better than any plastic pedal out there for sure...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

4/11/2016 10:16 AM

What other MTB parts work for BMX? I mean other than grips and pedals....Im just curious. And thanks for the kind reply, once again. :-)

|

4/11/2016 10:34 AM

Nosferatu443 wrote:

What other MTB parts work for BMX? I mean other than grips and pedals....Im just curious. And thanks for the kind reply, once ...more

Yeah when it comes to pedals, grips, seats...all that stuff is interchangeable between bmx and mtb.

|

4/11/2016 10:40 AM

joelalamo45 wrote:

Yeah when it comes to pedals, grips, seats...all that stuff is interchangeable between bmx and mtb.

why would you ever want to put an mtb seat on a bmx? lol

|

4/11/2016 3:20 PM

Nosferatu443 wrote:

What other MTB parts work for BMX? I mean other than grips and pedals....Im just curious. And thanks for the kind reply, once ...more

joelalamo45 wrote:

Nosferatu443 wrote:

Photo

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/11/2016 3:38 PM

JonnyGanja wrote: Photo

that a bmx seat on a mtb tho

|

4/11/2016 4:04 PM

Nosferatu443 wrote:

joelalamo45 wrote:

Nosferatu443 wrote:

Because they are basically the same thing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/11/2016 6:07 PM

My local shop has them and they've been there for so long no one has bought they , thus having no more smell . I tried smelling though admitttingly.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/11/2016 6:08 PM

yeah...the seat on my Surly Krampus looks just like most of regualr black BMX seats I see on some bikes....

obviously I wouldn't put a full 10 speed cassette on a BMX or a suspension fork, but I bought my Krampus as a fully rigid bike with a shorter chainstay b/c it rides like a BMX bike in a way...I don't like all of the springs and suspension crap on MTB's b/c I grew up using my legs and body to absorb shock and control the bike

seats, grips, pedals...I would imagine some hubs might be interchangeable, but am not sure. Technically you could put BMX bars on a MTB, but that would ride really weird. I can imagine that some of the old school U and caliper brakes could go back and forth given rim size, but their is no need to. Most modern MTB's have rotor brakes now...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

4/11/2016 10:53 PM

Photo
This is my old ns capital, from about a year ago. Other than the frame, forks and bars, it's all bmx. But this frame was designed specifically for street with rigid forks. It's 120mm spaced at the rear for bmx hubs (mtb, road, and normal bikes are 135mm. Apart from old Road bikes and fixed gear). It has a Spanish bb, integrated headtube, u brake mounts (removable). Obviously very different from a traditional mtb though.
You could use an mtb front hub if you really wanted to, apart from bolt thru etc. Mtb companies make integrated headsets too. Some mtb companies make pivotal seats and posts, and combi's, but are usually 27.2. You could use some mtb stems if you really wanted to but most are designed to be light, they're not as strong because sus takes the bulk of an impact.

All I meant originally is that the scent thing seems like a bit of a gimmick. The rubber might be compromised by it. And the market is already flooded with grips. If they're cheap, give em a go. But otherwise I personally would base my purchase of grips on how they feel/last. Not how they smell!
|

4/12/2016 1:13 AM

grumpySteve wrote: Photo
This is my old ns capital, from about a year ago. Other than the frame, forks and bars, it's all bmx. But this frame was ...more

That is a sweet ride , to me the 26" and rigid forks goes against the purpose unless you're huge and like big wheels but they make 22 + TT and 11" bars for BMX now so the added weight and that is weird for me . All about what you like though .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/12/2016 1:51 AM

Yeah, I thought it would be cool. I had one a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but that was after not riding for a few years. Going from bmx to this just felt nasty so I swapped it for a bmx! I tried 26" briefly, but as you say, it's a bit pointless. I've got friends that ride 26 and love it though. This and the previous one I had were both 24's. It's trying so hard to be a bmx that anyone might as well just get a bmx instead

|

4/12/2016 4:55 AM

grumpySteve and 420bongblazer cool bikes lil buddies smile i love them...What is the lowest price on one that doesnt break the same week you buy it? Lol...Or is it better to buy parts and assemble it yourself?

|

4/12/2016 6:24 AM

Mine were custom, ns used to make a complete called the holy, that would be good but they don't make them anymore. I'm out of touch with bigger wheels now. Bmx is cooler.

|

4/12/2016 8:32 AM

By all means, try those grips! THey are not going to make your wallet as light as buying a dirt jump mtb or a street mtb (those things look weird btw-like a mix of two things and your mind doesn't really know what to make of it).

Go for the strawberry flavor if your girl likes sucking your fingers. Hell, that doesn't work for me, but it might for you. Just saying (sorry, couldn't contain myself).

Tell us what you think of em!

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/12/2016 10:03 AM

Okay...i eventually got the grips and after half an hour of trying to get the stupid bar ends (shadow ones, to be precise) off the bars, i managed to get the grips on....its quite late now and i cant go ride them to see how they feel, but they're pretty squishy and grippy. One of them slides around a bit cuz i used too much hairspray to get it on. After all, they're okay, i guess, but one thing i didn't like is the fact that i can't stretch them to make them longer, so i have to stay with 145mm; it doesn't really bother me that much, but others might have a problem with it. Yes, they're mtb gripps but they look and feel good on a bmx too. Bottom line, they're cool, they smell rather sweet, not like apples (lol), the smell is not that strong too and they're quite grippy. Good for the 30 romanian Lei (~ $8), i can say. And about the color, i chose red, to fit my bike :-D

|

4/12/2016 10:12 AM

grumpySteve wrote: Photo
This is my old ns capital, from about a year ago. Other than the frame, forks and bars, it's all bmx. But this frame was ...more

I'd ride the hell outta that, it looks fucking wicked

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/12/2016 10:15 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

I'd ride the hell outta that, it looks fucking wicked

I know, right? smile)

|

4/12/2016 7:07 PM

Nosferatu443 wrote:

Okay...i eventually got the grips and after half an hour of trying to get the stupid bar ends (shadow ones, to be precise) off ...more

Some pictures are on the way or not?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/13/2016 9:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/13/2016 9:50 AM

Photo

Photo

Photo

Finally got some photos...i kept forgeting, lol...and sorry for the mess...Im moving to another city atm
|

4/13/2016 9:53 AM

black and pink is total PUNK ROCK!!!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

4/13/2016 10:27 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

They're red, really....but they look pink in the photos, lol. Im trying to get more and more red parts on my bike, but i dont think i nailed it with the bright red grips :-). Anyway, its important how you feel on and how you ride the bike, not how it looks and what others think of it...especially if haters are in :-D

|

4/13/2016 6:54 PM

You have t think whats being used to create this smell and how may it effect your health

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

4/13/2016 7:41 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Nosferatu443 wrote:

They're red, really....but they look pink in the photos, lol. Im trying to get more and more red parts on my bike, but i dont ...more

Black and red are metal!!

I totally hear ya though about not caring about what others think. All that matters is what you think is cool and comfortable. I ride mountain bikes, and there is a ton of posing in that activity...I have never done in the bike world to impress any one other than my self...really in all of my life

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus