Spec Crash Course.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2011 8:03 PM

I'm trying to really dial in my bike and get everything perfect, so if you have a second, throw in your 2 cents about the differences in small specs and how it feels and such. Things like stack height, stem reach, fork offset, upsweep, and frame stuff even though i most of the frame stuff. Also, things like, if my front end is feeling twitchy, should i get a new stem or new forks? Or if i want bigger bars, to get a topload or just bigger bars? Throw in some stuff you think is obvious too for any noobs reading this looking to learn something new winkThanks guys.

|

i smoke your SIGS!
MY BIKE IS COOL!
People need to stop asking for a BMX video game. If they did, we would all get it, play it for ten minutes and just go ride. You guys seem to forget that we aren't lazy like most skaters. If we had a game, it would just make us all want to go shred gnar.
Right now i'm into: DIRT
refs: BEASTASSDICK, MyOwnNick, Martinhernandez, bstick, 562_Rider

9/17/2011 8:24 PM

fork offset. my mate just got strands, compared to mine his bike is insanely responsive. ur weight is further forward slightly. front end feels twitchy. what bars/forks/ tyre do u run

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

9/17/2011 8:31 PM

what are you currently running if i may ask. i just got my glh from imprieal (free ftw) and its fatter then my elm street and it make my bike imo feel LESS responsive. im not complain tho makes my turns feel more stable.

|

9/17/2011 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/17/2011 8:38 PM

Kiraly Frame, Sunday Morning 2.1s, Cartel Bars, and Fly Media Stem. Thats the important stuff at least.. haha oh and Fit Fafs in 2.25

|

i smoke your SIGS!
MY BIKE IS COOL!
People need to stop asking for a BMX video game. If they did, we would all get it, play it for ten minutes and just go ride. You guys seem to forget that we aren't lazy like most skaters. If we had a game, it would just make us all want to go shred gnar.
Right now i'm into: DIRT
refs: BEASTASSDICK, MyOwnNick, Martinhernandez, bstick, 562_Rider

9/17/2011 9:12 PM

if you want to make your bike feel taller just add spacers.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

9/17/2011 9:44 PM

Shorter chainstay = easier to pull up/a little harder to keep manuals going...
Longer chainstay = feels better and more stable in the air.

I don't know anything else lol.

|

9/18/2011 12:02 AM

Quit being a pussy and ride! You will get used to every little change you do in a couple hours and you will regret even spending any money.

|

9/18/2011 3:07 AM

i disagree mooky. im so picky with bikes. thin tyres i can ride. have to ride big bars. atleast 28s, bike has to feel relaxed but have a short frame. has to be 23 - 9. basically most peoples bikes feel shit to me, but thats not a problem seen as i have my own

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

9/18/2011 5:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2011 5:36 AM

firstly - how tall are you

secondly read this - part 1 to part 3 and youll know

http://www.bikeguide.org/guides/geometry/geometry101.php

some of it is dictated by numbers, i.e. if your 7 foot tall with a 20 inch top tube and a 13inch chain stay its going to ride crap for you

some is preference tho

short reach stems can make steering more responsive and this is preference, longer stems can take that away if you so wish

|

9/18/2011 8:47 AM

kikcer2 wrote:

what are you currently running if i may ask. i just got my glh from imprieal (free ftw) and its fatter then my elm street and it make my bike imo feel LESS responsive. im not complain tho makes my turns feel more stable.

good to hear you got it!

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

9/18/2011 11:00 AM

Verde. wrote:

i disagree mooky. im so picky with bikes. thin tyres i can ride. have to ride big bars. atleast 28s, bike has to feel relaxed but have a short frame. has to be 23 - 9. basically most peoples bikes feel shit to me, but thats not a problem seen as i have my own

I completely agree with you on that. I was mainly talking about buying a new part because you think it will make you ride better.

|