Specialized Fatboy

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2011 2:00 PM

I have what I would say is a 95% complete fatboy. Missing the grips, brakes, and the seat is shot. I was considering maybe potentially changing things out on this bike but don't know if for resale it would be wiser to sell it as is or if the parts have been changed out.

My bike that I actually ride is a WTP Omen. So it wouldn't be replacing my mine ride.

|

12/15/2011 2:48 PM

It's a race bike that could take some trails.You cant put pegs on it.What type of riding do you do?

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

12/15/2011 3:11 PM

Mainly general park riding. Nothing to big or too serious. I have rode on it a few times and it seems extremely sensitive to the smallest of things. I think that maybe due to the tire difference that I am used to. My WTP has 2.25s on it and the Fatboy has I think 1.95s.

I am starting out. I can't 180 or anything. But I do enjoy pumping around and hopping onto the ledges.

|

12/15/2011 3:22 PM

The reason it feels "twitchy" is because the frame has race geo.It's alot different than a street/park bike.

|

12/15/2011 3:27 PM

So ideally try to sell it off then?

I also have a dk weapon that I would like to do something with. But I can't get the seat post out of the seat tube. It was hacked off so I can't just use a different seat on it.

|

12/15/2011 3:44 PM

Id take the DK over the fat boy for stree/park.Plus when you are first learning tricks,you tend to have bad landings and crash alot.wink The fatboy just wasnt built for that.

|

12/15/2011 4:08 PM

id ride a fatboy over a dk any day....i still wanna find a tj vegas one day and rip it up

|

12/15/2011 4:18 PM

This fatboy came upon all through luck. I took it to the park once and had a guy tell me he wanted to buy it and got all excited for it. Got my number and everything. Never called me back. The thing is I don't know what it is worth or if it is even worth anything. The dk is an older frame. It's a solid frame. I rode it for a bit and went to strip it and repaint it. Got it stripped and couldn't get the seat post out. Read something somewhere about cutting it from the inside out started doing that and got no where.

|