Spike Tension?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2019 4:39 PM

Hi thanks for your time. So I have some Odyssey wheel set and spokes did not come the tightest out of the box. I’ve been riding them for 4 days now and the spokes seems looser and I’ve noticed when I’m riding the bike feels bumpy. Could this be because the spokes have come loose? I don’t know if you would consider practicing 180 bunnyhops hard core riding for the spokes to come loose. I do practice 180s for like 2 hours a day and I’ve never really had this issue with my old wheel set but yet again all I did was bunny hops

|

11/4/2019 4:48 PM

You probably have a hop in the wheel. Watch some youtube videos on truing wheels. Its quite simple once you do it a few times

|

I like riding my bike.

11/4/2019 7:38 PM

Just real quick you could try squeezing the spokes together to check the tension is roughly the same around the whole wheel.

|

11/4/2019 7:40 PM

The back tire spokes are loose asf so loose I can move the noodle screws there’s not much of a hop, I just bought a spike wrench and I don’t know what to do lol

|

11/4/2019 8:10 PM

Take it to your local bike shop if you don’t know what you’re doing. You can really mess a wheel up if you don’t know what your doing

|

11/4/2019 10:20 PM

I like my spokes...

|

Ride everything

11/4/2019 10:35 PM

It’s perfectly normal for spokes to bed in and stretch on a new wheel (unless it’s hand built by someone that knows what they’re doing).
Learn to tension the spokes yourself, and how to true wheels. You’ll need to do it pretty often riding bmx

|

11/5/2019 6:37 AM

If spokes are loose but the wheel is still straight, just tight every spoke the same amount, like half a turn to start, so the wheel will still work rotate the same way, but tighter, do it again if necessary.

|

11/5/2019 7:24 AM

Francky wrote:

If spokes are loose but the wheel is still straight, just tight every spoke the same amount, like half a turn to start, so the wheel will still work rotate the same way, but tighter, do it again if necessary.

This. start at the valve do a half turn on every spoke.

|