Spindle spins without bearings new SUNDAY (PLEASE HELP just got it wanna ride :(...)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2009 4:34 PM

So I just got a sunday from a mate that was never ridden and I put mid bb in. The spacer in there is pretty loose like it jiggles when i do anyhting with frame. Idk why. It seems like the bearings are all the way in. The spindle goes in like nothing. When I spin it it just goes without the bearings. ANY HELP PLEASE???

|

3/9/2009 5:04 PM

Maybe they are 22mm bearings and you are using a 19 mm spindle???

|

I awarded myself infinite cool points. Breaking the rules has never been this cool... EVER! Forever.

3/9/2009 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 6:51 PM

i have the same problem with my spacer. everything else is fine. just the damn spacer. makes a noise. but for the spindle spinning...could be what streetcrime said. 19mm in a 22mm BB. What cranks do you have?

|

3/9/2009 5:13 PM

it all worked with the same setup....... Just changed frame and BAM!!

|

3/9/2009 5:20 PM

what do u mean it goes without the bearings. the bearings are in so they have to be moving.

|

3/9/2009 5:27 PM

as in the spindle is in and it is like it is frictionless with the bearings.

|

3/9/2009 5:58 PM

The spindle just doesnt grip with the bearings..

|

3/9/2009 5:59 PM

Floti wrote:

to small. smile

|

refs: fuckyou2, pocoloco, fecho, loco_for_riding

3/9/2009 6:08 PM

Floti wrote:

IamPROfoSHO wrote:

to small. smile

did you not read it.... wow your stupid.

|

3/9/2009 6:13 PM

Floti wrote:

IamPROfoSHO wrote:

to small. smile

Floti wrote:

its frictionless cus its most likely not the right size for the frame rtard..

|

3/9/2009 6:13 PM

Floti wrote:

IamPROfoSHO wrote:

to small. smile

Floti wrote:

ur spindel is too small
urs is prob 19mm when u need 22mm for it to fit right

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

3/9/2009 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2009 6:21 PM

Floti wrote:

the spindle is 19mm and the bottom bracket is 22mm but since u dont seem to realize that looks like u will never ride your new frame

|

3/9/2009 6:40 PM

man mr. know it all ...

looks like i was right.. hmmm ...

|

3/10/2009 2:47 AM

ok this is a group of retards in this threat I just said it worked on my other frame that had mid bb too.. Just changed all same parts just sunday frame... yeah...retards....

|

3/10/2009 2:47 AM

they are both 19mm..

|

3/10/2009 2:49 AM

ya well idk shits just broken

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

3/10/2009 3:07 AM

just ride the shit, word

|

Ridin the world, one country at a time

3/10/2009 12:00 PM

barcode625 wrote:

just ride the shit, word

yeah no thanks I don't wanna fuck it up more

|

3/10/2009 2:21 PM

Do you mean the bearings dont rotate, but the spindle does? If thats the case, how did you get your bearings out of the old frame? If you used something like a punch or a flat head screwdriver and a hammer, I bet on one of the hits to pop the bearing out you stabbed it and fucked it up. That OR your spacer is too long, and you have the bearing smashed against it. You could even just have a bearing not flush in there, if they are slightly off so it looks like this from above (each vertical line is a bearing) l--/ it could bind them up.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/10/2009 2:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Do you mean the bearings dont rotate, but the spindle does? If thats the case, how did you get your bearings out of the old frame? If you used something like a punch or a flat head screwdriver and a hammer, I bet on one of the hits to pop the bearing out you stabbed it and fucked it up. That OR your spacer is too long, and you have the bearing smashed against it. You could even just have a bearing not flush in there, if they are slightly off so it looks like this from above (each vertical line is a bearing) l--/ it could bind them up.

QFT.

Can you rotate the bearings by hand when you take the spindle out? I'd say you get to shop for a new BB.

|

Yes, I really live in Wyoming.

3/10/2009 3:09 PM

Put the spacers that came with the bearings..

|

FI