Spine transfers

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2013 5:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2013 5:43 AM

Been starting to ride park a bit more lately, just flowing around more than anything, not doing any tricks yet cuz my main focus this year is on street progression.

I've not had any real problems with any of the ramps I've dropped/hopped in on all ramps both ways, I can air above coping both ways & clear the box jump ect but the spine is starting to annoy me.

The spine is a double coping 5ft in the middle of a mini ramp.

I know that you have to kinda moto whip your way over them and come in nose dive but I was just wondering which way is the natural way for a left foot forward to go over?

Ie.. Right to left or left to right?

I'm learning both ways anyway but its weird cuz I feel most comfortable airing the spine left to right, but I feel more comfortable landing the opposite way right to left.

If there are any left foot forward park riders on here that can spine good and can give me any advice it would be much appreciated

Thanx guys

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/23/2013 6:43 AM

I have found the only way o do the spine is ride at it straight and land the fucker flat. It's brutal on the wristband ankles but that's how I do it

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/23/2013 9:49 AM

I am Right Forward and do it left to right, and I have been told this is the right way to do it and I know a lot of people that do it like that. So for you it would be right to left. It probably feels more comfortable the other way round as you have to whip the same way as you spin, but it's easier to land the other way round because although you whip the opposite way to your spins, you straighten back out the same way as your spins. If you do it right to left you can whip it out as much as you can and then you can easily bring it back, but left to right you might whip out too much and not be able to bring it back. I hope this makes sense and helps.

|

6/23/2013 10:00 AM

First your not gonna lose street progression by riding park. It's gonna help at worst. Second, fuck spines. I can do em, but I fucking hate them

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/23/2013 10:05 AM

im fck footed soo. im left foot forward and i go at it on the left. so i eat crap more. but its easier for me.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/23/2013 10:09 AM

future FBM wrote:

First your not gonna lose street progression by riding park. It's gonna help at worst. Second, fuck spines. I can do em, but I fucking hate them

Agreed. I can do Spines, but I hate them unless there quite low.

|

6/23/2013 11:04 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I am Right Forward and do it left to right, and I have been told this is the right way to do it and I know a lot of people that do it like that. So for you it would be right to left. It probably feels more comfortable the other way round as you have to whip the same way as you spin, but it's easier to land the other way round because although you whip the opposite way to your spins, you straighten back out the same way as your spins. If you do it right to left you can whip it out as much as you can and then you can easily bring it back, but left to right you might whip out too much and not be able to bring it back. I hope this makes sense and helps.

Yeah I get what your sayin there mate, that makes sense, ill keep at it.
I've ate so much shit doin it tho. Lol

Nice1 dude.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/23/2013 11:05 AM

Hold l2 abd r2 triggers, didnt you ever play tony hawk?

|