Spline drive compatibility

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2018 2:02 PM

Are the Odyssey Calibur cranks compatible with 22mm spline drive sprockets on both sides?

|

8/26/2018 2:43 PM

Im pretty sure what you are trying to say is: “can I use my spline drive sprocket on either side of my B.B” and if that is what you are saying, then yes, just switch the bolt on to the side opposite of the sprocket

|

8/26/2018 2:49 PM

Yes.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 2:50 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

Im pretty sure what you are trying to say is: “can I use my spline drive sprocket on either side of my B.B” and if that is what you are saying, then yes, just switch the bolt on to the side opposite of the sprocket

Bolt? There is no bolt on a spline drive sprocket...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 2:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2018 2:53 PM

edit: ty for answering p1p1092. I'm glad I can match them with a splined Signet.

|

8/26/2018 2:55 PM

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 3:22 PM

Any 3pcs 48 splines crankset will be LHD/RHD compatible for spline drive sprockets

|

8/26/2018 3:24 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

Any 3pcs 48 splines crankset will be LHD/RHD compatible for spline drive sprockets

Assuming the interface is correct(read through the link in my previous post).

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 3:28 PM

There's a lot of good info and some funny comments in that thread so thanks for sharing it. It definitely makes me hesitant about inter and intracompany SD compatibility after reading about the OP's situation and the guy whose brand matched crank and sprocket combo had bad tolerance issues. Despite that, there were some people who had no problems with brand matching or mixing the two parts so the chances of the sprocket and cranks fitting well together seems to be a crap shoot no matter what you do.

|

8/26/2018 3:35 PM

grabaty wrote:

There's a lot of good info and some funny comments in that thread so thanks for sharing it. It definitely makes me hesitant about inter and intracompany SD compatibility after reading about the OP's situation and the guy whose brand matched crank and sprocket combo had bad tolerance issues. Despite that, there were some people who had no problems with brand matching or mixing the two parts so the chances of the sprocket and cranks fitting well together seems to be a crap shoot no matter what you do.

Exactly. Just wanted to be sure you knew what you're getting into.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 4:27 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Assuming the interface is correct(read through the link in my previous post).

I was referring only to the LHD/RHD compatibility aspect.

2pcs cranks will only have 1 side that can be used with a spline drive

|

8/26/2018 6:33 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

I mean on cranks that are also bolt drive, they got in the way of my spline sprocket when I was installing it, that’s what I meant by removing the bolt

|

8/26/2018 6:34 PM

grabaty wrote:

My shadow killer cranks and primo spline drive works perfect lol

|

8/26/2018 6:52 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Guyman22 wrote:

I mean on cranks that are also bolt drive, they got in the way of my spline sprocket when I was installing it, that’s what I meant by removing the bolt

Why not just remove it altogether? If it's not holding the sprocket, it's not really doing anything.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 6:54 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Guyman22 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Why not just remove it altogether? If it's not holding the sprocket, it's not really doing anything.

I kept it just so if I switched back to bolt drive, I wouldn’t have to look for it or buy a new one

|

8/26/2018 6:59 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

I kept it just so if I switched back to bolt drive, I wouldn’t have to look for it or buy a new one

Fair enough. I just have a few boxes of random hardware and small spare parts that everything like that goes into.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

8/26/2018 7:00 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Guyman22 wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Fair enough. I just have a few boxes of random hardware and small spare parts that everything like that goes into.

Gotcha, happen to have any stem bolts lol

|

8/27/2018 9:48 AM

All I use is 22 mm spline drives Photo
Photo

|

8/27/2018 6:46 PM

Aint nothing wrong with bolt drive...

|

8/27/2018 10:39 PM

I would avoid spline drive systems unless its the same company parts

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/28/2018 12:28 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I would avoid spline drive systems unless its the same company parts

And avoid united for things with splines

|

Hmmm

8/28/2018 2:07 AM

I'd avoid spline drive altogether......

|

8/28/2018 3:54 AM

grabaty wrote:

I haven't had any major issues with mine..the splines got worn on my eclat tibias and the left crank arm (ds) and sprocket both were a little shifty but once I replaced the spindle it fixed it ..I rode them for 2 years before replacing the spindle and I haven't ever replaced the insert on my signet sprocket in 28

|