Related:
Create New Tag

6/16/2010 2:51 PM

Anyone got it? Work good?
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

kobe bryant ready

6/16/2010 3:02 PM

it doesn't say if it works well on that tcub thread?

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

6/16/2010 3:19 PM

catfish95 wrote:

it doesn't say if it works well on that tcub thread?

i got this from a kid in the email. and never checked.

|

kobe bryant ready

6/16/2010 3:20 PM

i remember my bro's bike had that when he got it, it was kind of annoying... and a pain in the ass a straddle cable is MUCH easier...

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

6/16/2010 3:20 PM

yeah it works fine

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

6/16/2010 3:50 PM

it works real well if its done right. really responsive

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

6/16/2010 5:13 PM

Obviously, it would be more responsive, a lot harder to dial in, but yes, it would be better.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

6/16/2010 5:31 PM

BRAKES ARE FOR PUSSIES!!!

BRAKELESS = BIG BALLS!!!!!!!1

|

crystal meth

6/16/2010 5:33 PM

Harry95 wrote:

u have brakes.....

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Silence is golden ductape is silver

Achin 4 Bacon wrote: thats cause aussie cops dont use guns..they use boomarangs.

learn to do shit before you talk shit

6/16/2010 5:34 PM

Harry95 wrote:

FITFOREVERK-DOG wrote:

u have brakes.....

[LINK TO IMAGE]

N0 ! D0NT WUT IZ U TALKEN BOUT

|

crystal meth

6/16/2010 5:35 PM

it works fine

|

OHHHH BILLY! YOU NAUGHTY BOY!
SKEET SKEET SKEET

I'm Legit!!!
609-980-6050

Traded: Nikpeterson
Sold: Leatherbarrow(got scammed), Nomnom

2/3/2012 7:16 AM

i think im going to try this, any special tips?

|

Refs: Irideafly, Scramhype, xBikeaholic, Droogskull, riversiderider, milou, showtime402
20+ refs on bmx-forum if that matters

2/3/2012 7:22 AM

it'd be really cool if you had short enough spoke & could have a nipple on the ends of them to really dial in the brakes just by tightening the nipple too, it's a pretty cool idea, I forgot all about this

it'd definitely be more responsive but I'd just be worried the spokes would bend where they reach the brakes overtime. I think I'll have my shop owner cut me down some short spokes so I can thread a nipple on like above just to try this idea

|

2/3/2012 7:30 AM

buddy had it when he rode brakes (about a week) and said it worked well enough if you dial it in

|

2/3/2012 8:03 AM

Only problem I see is having trouble disconnecting the brake for a tire change or something. Those brakes are gonna lock up immediately, awesome for people who like brake tricks.

|

ILIKEDIRT

2/3/2012 8:04 AM

iRace wrote:

Only problem I see is having trouble disconnecting the brake for a tire change or something. Those brakes are gonna lock up immediately, awesome for people who like brake tricks.

Nevermind haha, for some reason I though the spoke was going through a hole in the brake arm... it just slides out. awesome idea!!

|

ILIKEDIRT

2/3/2012 8:09 AM

all my freinds who run brakes, run this. works really really good.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/3/2012 8:10 AM

Does anyone know if that is just 1 spoke or 2?

|

Refs: Irideafly, Scramhype, xBikeaholic, Droogskull, riversiderider, milou, showtime402

2/3/2012 8:48 AM

^ im wondering the same thing. thats a pretty cool mod

|

I'm a mom that still rides lil kid bikes - old/midschool GT BMX guru
refs: TCbmx(x3),Ecuadevil(x2), Ron44ald, Spikez5, The Balt, Pleasedontdeleteme(x2), Aguers(x2), Effigy(x3), Warchol2, Dees Hos(x2), ScramHype, Showtime402, Sancheezz, Phocraken(traded), pcoco, Nike ID,1of1547,aw123412,BEASTASSDICK(x2), mike_1033,russellonabike, Fad3r, Chuck8273, verdecustom,FreddyDapice, bmxscout48

2/3/2012 9:01 AM

netty speghetti wrote:

^ im wondering the same thing. thats a pretty cool mod

If you look close you can see it's 2

|

2/3/2012 9:02 AM

jb07 wrote:

Does anyone know if that is just 1 spoke or 2?

it's 2

|

2/3/2012 9:13 AM

^^thank you. now how do they work in the hanger. are they attached some how?

|

I'm a mom that still rides lil kid bikes - old/midschool GT BMX guru
refs: TCbmx(x3),Ecuadevil(x2), Ron44ald, Spikez5, The Balt, Pleasedontdeleteme(x2), Aguers(x2), Effigy(x3), Warchol2, Dees Hos(x2), ScramHype, Showtime402, Sancheezz, Phocraken(traded), pcoco, Nike ID,1of1547,aw123412,BEASTASSDICK(x2), mike_1033,russellonabike, Fad3r, Chuck8273, verdecustom,FreddyDapice, bmxscout48

2/3/2012 9:17 AM

netty speghetti wrote:

^^thank you. now how do they work in the hanger. are they attached some how?

it looks like they just drilled a hole for the spoke to go through but I'm not positive

|

2/3/2012 10:21 AM

This is an old trick from the ninety's that everyone used to run. Works great, takes out the flex you get from using a normal hanger cable. One thing that sucks about the way he did it, you're gonna snag pants guaranteed. A cool way to do it is to drill two holes on each side of the CABLE HANGER, and drop TWO spokes through (one for each arm just like you would on a wheel hub) and independently send a SPOKE to each brake arm. We used this setup BEFORE anyone had a clue on how to center our brakes. A lot of the cable pinch bolts will fit a spoke or coat hanger THROUGH it so you can use the pinch bolt and lock them in. That way and won't have to wrap it around the brake arm and you won't have the mess. Or you just wrap the hanger around the hole and twist the thing clean. My buddy had a spoke cutter in his shop that we would cut the spokes to size and thread them so you could tighten on a spoke nipple on the end for a super clean tech look. Then just slide them into the brake arm hooks. I saw Jeff Harrington with one made out of a chain mid 90's that was pretty sick. But yeah, mod works great. The other reason why we used the TWO spoke method is because it really makes the setup a breeze. The two spoke method also sets up a "direct line" for the spoke from the cable hanger to the brake arm (you get it with a coat hanger once your brakes break in and after multiple adjustments) on the FIRST time you set it up. Something that is critical for how much flex you'll get.

|