Spoke mod

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2014 2:43 PM

Has anyone seen this shit before? My boy sold me some brakes with a spoke mod.hahaha im very impressed with the braking power.learning cool stuff with these babies.gonna have some real fun now

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

7/16/2014 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2014 3:11 PM

ive never seen this at all lol btw what tires are those?

EDIT: their demos...they any good? lol

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/16/2014 3:13 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

Demolition Monaco rear.fit faf front.it's basically a big stamp

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

7/16/2014 3:30 PM

Spoke mod is a very old brake mod. Stiffens up the feel of the brake by removing the slop/slack in the straddle cable.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/16/2014 3:49 PM

The spokes never bent in the right spot for me. I used stiff coat hangers instead and bent those. Does the same thing. And yes the braking power increase is crazy

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/16/2014 3:54 PM

I kinda wanna try that!! That must be sweet haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/16/2014 5:08 PM

Works great! first trick i learned working at a bike shop!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/16/2014 5:16 PM

That would be a bitch to install , thus my rant about brakeless is unwanted

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/16/2014 6:00 PM

Only a bitch if you're inept.

|

7/16/2014 6:13 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Yea it was easy but I did have the springs on backwards ay first.straight rook

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

7/16/2014 7:17 PM

I didn't even notice what was in the pic for awhile. That is awesome! How do you know what won't it only work some spokes or frame size though?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

7/16/2014 8:05 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I didn't even notice what was in the pic for awhile. That is awesome! How do you know what won't it only work some spokes or ...more

As long ass both sides are even your good and its long enough your good.some even use two spokes.one for each side.or a hanger works tooo! If u have the cable u can use that as a reference also

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

7/16/2014 8:16 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I didn't even notice what was in the pic for awhile. That is awesome! How do you know what won't it only work some spokes or ...more

RxKing wrote:

As long ass both sides are even your good and its long enough your good.some even use two spokes.one for each side.or a hanger ...more

I may try this when i run brakes again.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

7/16/2014 11:59 PM

Shadow2 wrote:

Hadn't really got to ride and enjoy yet.but I'm not picky with tires so i gotta d say their great so far

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

7/17/2014 1:32 AM

think I might try this whenever I get new brakes.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

7/17/2014 1:45 AM

Really nice. if that dramatically increase braking power I might try that.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/17/2014 6:23 PM

I did this today, its actually really really easy! It helps a lot. I'll probably post some pics here tomorrow!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/18/2014 6:41 AM

I've seen this and I ahve also seen it done with chain as well. Both are really solid.

I run dual lowers when brakes are on, so the straddle cable is not needed for me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/20/2014 7:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/20/2014 7:37 AM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

This one is similar to what I saw, BUT I saw where the chain was connected to a cable hanger via holes drilled, and then it was put into the brake arms similar to this photo. A touch heavier, BUT no flex compared to a cable. ONLY works if you use a straight cable or a basic single to double gyro cable.

Photo
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/20/2014 9:28 AM

that is very cool... never thought about it before now. i ride a dk fury aluminum race frame with v brakes [not because i want to but because its all i got] so i cant do that but i am in the market for a new bike. im thinking eastern shovelhead. i need something soon as my frame and cranks are cracking from street riding. used to have a dk general lee untill it got stolen out the back of my jeep.

|

i ride to stay young

7/20/2014 6:30 PM

Photo

I just bent the spokes so itd fit. I didn't feel like making it fancy just to try it out. It is wonderful. I put some good ole lube on the parts where it connects and this thing is smooth and holds tight. Best thing for it ever.
|

7/20/2014 7:08 PM

Wow nice pics!I dont rhink enough people know about this.everyone sui crazed on brakeless

|

HEAVY bikes METAL music

7/22/2014 1:21 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

lol

|

7/22/2014 11:22 AM

Nice, Im going give it a try. My cable just got a kink in it and now pulls crooked so perfect time to play with this idea.

|

refs: skubasteve, asilva23, Joe_Medina, joey.alleruzzo