Spoke size for my wheelset

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2018 6:36 AM

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know the length of the spokes for the cinema zx wheelset?

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/13/2018 6:45 AM

Rear wheel 184mm
Front wheel 190mm

|

Hmmm

8/13/2018 6:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 6:52 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Rear wheel 184mm
Front wheel 190mm

The spokes only go up to 188 on the site, would it be fine to just use those? I know this is a stupid question but I don’t really get to lace wheels often so I’m in the dark on this.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/13/2018 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2018 10:04 AM

Edman123 wrote:

Rear wheel 184mm
Front wheel 190mm

HavokDJ wrote:

The spokes only go up to 188 on the site, would it be fine to just use those? I know this is a stupid question but I don’t really get to lace wheels often so I’m in the dark on this.

Your spokes would stick out an extra 4mm into your inner tube, but if you're fine with that...

Just kidding, you won't even be able to get the spokes remotely right with them being that much longer. Try getting spokes from elsewheresmile

Edit: I now realize you probably mean for the front. I've laced wheels with 2mm-too-short spokes, & it works, but the wheels never last too long. Way too much stress and not enough thread for the nipples.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/13/2018 3:43 PM

Edman123 wrote:

Rear wheel 184mm
Front wheel 190mm

HavokDJ wrote:

That's from a spoke calculator with the cinema 333 rims and vx hubs, just to let you know I would try and check with a few different ones, just look up "BMX spoke calculator" and there are loads.

|

Hmmm