Spokes!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/30/2018 10:53 AM

Alright so yesterday i broke my back wheel. Like cracked the rim and broke a bunch of spokes. I want to keep my hub but buy a new rim and spokes. I have the stranger crux v2 freecoaster and want the g-sport ribcage rim. But i have no clue what length of spokes to get. Can anyone help me. Idk how to mesure my hub diameter otherwise i would use a spoke calculator.

|

9/30/2018 11:19 AM

I’m sure you can email them for the measurements. Ride >75 PSI , and use brass spokes/nipples to avoid such catastrophic failures. Wont be bulletproof, but itll certainly help.

|

9/30/2018 11:40 AM

182mm

|

9/30/2018 11:48 AM

Get a vernier calipers and measure between the centers of opposing spoke holes on one flange and then the other. It's literally the diameter of the spoke hole pattern, measured to the center of the spoke holes. The distance from center to flange is the distance between the flanges halved. The Ribcage ERD is 389, if memory serves.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/30/2018 11:49 AM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

I’m sure you can email them for the measurements. Ride >75 PSI , and use brass spokes/nipples to avoid such catastrophic ...more

*stainless spokes and brass nipples

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/30/2018 12:10 PM

182mm. That is the answer. You don't need to get your verniers out.

|