Sponsorship Questions

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2015 12:41 PM

I have been told that some companies (BMX, energy drink, etc.) that sponsor riders sometimes just send them free stuff like parts, stickers, clothing, product, etc.and never actually give them money (which is fine) so if a BMX company sends me free stickers, that that make me technically sponsored?

|

10/2/2015 12:44 PM

Yup! Hahaha

|

Refs: AEBASHER

10/2/2015 1:06 PM

If they tell you that you are sponsored or that they support you, yes. If you send them an envelope asking for stickers or bought parts from them and they came in the box, no.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/2/2015 1:25 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

If they tell you that you are sponsored or that they support you, yes. If you send them an envelope asking for stickers or ...more

LOL just making sure cuz I got a lot of free stickers and I would be sponsored by so many companies LOL

|

10/2/2015 1:54 PM

Stickers I would say no. I've been given stickers multiple times, I would call that "being hooked up with free stickers"

Being sent care packages with small parts or clothing along with stickers, that I would classify as sponsored but not pro/am/flow. I've been technically sponsored by monster before and received free monster, stickers, and a few clothing items, all for free… That I would classify as being sponsored but still not pro/am/flow for anyone. But just a sticker pack here & there from a few brands, not really.

|

10/2/2015 2:07 PM

I'd call that a hook up .

Say , Premium sends me a frame . That's sick . Am I on the team ? No . Just means they like what I do . A lending hand in a sense . If it's a regular shipment of parts then that can be classified as a basic sponsor but if it's small items or not occurring on a regular basis then it's not sponsored / sponsorship.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/2/2015 3:57 PM

Flow sponsorships are so dope

|

10/2/2015 7:40 PM

I guess it's all assumption, I can't help thinking when someone's sponsored they get money with perks like clothing, part, etc. but I think there's nothing wrong with the hook up, Its nice when a BMX company makes you feel like a someone when they send you anything, that's why I'm such a fan of so many BMX companies especially with things as simple as liking my posts on Instagram

|