Sprocket

Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2021 1:39 PM

Do i need a new Sprocket? I think it looks worn down but want someone else's opinion. Cranks or chain keep making cracking popping sounds when i pedal hard. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Photo

Also i noticed my headset on the bottom bearing it's getting alot of dirt and debree in there.is there something i can put on it to cover it better? Photo

|

6/4/2021 1:46 PM

Driver looks a lot worse than the sprocket

|

6/4/2021 2:37 PM

The sprocket looks fine!

|

6/4/2021 3:52 PM

Did you spray paint the sprocket and driver? Get all that gunk and shit off of the sprocket and driver. Spray painting gears are fine but your almost a better off not spraying the teeth.

The paint, dirt, and grease turn in a sludge/paste mix, and it becomes next to impossible to clean/decrease without soaking the parts in a bath.

it looks like the rollers on the chain are caked in it.

on the headset bearing, the red ring is a dust cover. Some forks have races which give an extra bit of protection, but your race does not. just wipe it clean with a rag. DO NOT spray it with wd40 or anything like that.

I've seen people use black rubber bands around the tube down there if they ride dirt.

If you feel brave take the bearings out and clean the Frames integrated cups,

then go get yourself a new chain.

|

6/4/2021 3:55 PM

Definitely a driver issue, sprocket is okay.

As far as the dirt & grime in the headset, there’s not much you can do except take the front end apart and clean it. A little dust is fine, but when it really gunks up you should clean and regrease them. Just don’t get any liquids in there.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/4/2021 7:40 PM

Driver is worn, sprocket looks fine. Chain is probably stretched too

|

6/4/2021 7:49 PM

All sealed bearings?

|