Sprocket/Alignment trouble

Related:
Create New Tag

4/7/2013 5:43 PM

so i have my sprocket on and when i petal i can see the sprocket wobble. i got a new one because i thought it was worped and i put on and it still did the same thing so i dont know whats wrong but could it be something with my spindle or my crank is bent or something?

|

4/7/2013 5:46 PM

did you tighten the sprocket bolt before you fully tightened your cranks? if you did, that's probably the reason. try just threading the sprocket bolt into the sprocket hole, but not tight. then fully tighten your cranks, then tighten the sprocket bolt. sometimes it'll pull your sprocket down in that direction and make it wobble. Thattttt or your spindle could be bent. but I'd bet on the first thing I said

|

4/7/2013 5:49 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

did you tighten the sprocket bolt before you fully tightened your cranks? if you did, that's probably the reason. try just threading the sprocket bolt into the sprocket hole, but not tight. then fully tighten your cranks, then tighten the sprocket bolt. sometimes it'll pull your sprocket down in that direction and make it wobble. Thattttt or your spindle could be bent. but I'd bet on the first thing I said

i did, so ill try that...thanks

|

4/7/2013 7:05 PM

do u have the correct adapter for your sprocket or do u have 1 on that could be the case to

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/7/2013 7:41 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

do u have the correct adapter for your sprocket or do u have 1 on that could be the case to

this is also true. I work at a shop and you wouldn't believe how many times some kid comes in wanting to know why his sprocket's bent, I take a look at it and he's missing the adapter haha

|

4/7/2013 8:11 PM

WallmartBMX wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

this is also true. I work at a shop and you wouldn't believe how many times some kid comes in wanting to know why his sprocket's bent, I take a look at it and he's missing the adapter haha

I freakin ate through like 3 cheap sprockets before I learned much more about bikes..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/7/2013 8:22 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I freakin ate through like 3 cheap sprockets before I learned much more about bikes..

At least you learn.. I've told these kids countless times they NEED certain parts/pieces.. and yet they're always in every other week with the same problem. last year one of them even came in at least once a month because he'd somehow snap his crank bolt head off and EVERY goddamn time he'd also be missing the sprocket adapter. After the 3rd time I just stopped telling him he needs it and doesn't need to crank the fuck out of the bolts.

|

4/8/2013 12:20 AM

I'm betting he's missing the Adaptor. I've seen that mistake too many times.

|

4/8/2013 12:14 PM

no i have the adaptor on

|

4/8/2013 1:45 PM

sounds like you neeed a spacer lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/10/2013 9:45 AM

Hi bike guru here ck to see if your crank arm is flush with the outside of the sprocket and that the sprocket bolt hole in the crank arm is flush also. If not you might have to put a small or thin washer on the outside of the sprocket of the bolt hole so the sprocket bolt doesn't warp the sprocket when you tighten it up. Or ck to see if the sprocket space is on the wrong side of the sprocket. What I mean is the sprocket spacer on the outside of the Sprocket or the bearing side of the sprocket. Bike guru.

|