Sprocket problems

Related:
Create New Tag

4/17/2017 1:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2017 1:23 AM

Ok so i have a guard sprocket from colony (menace to be exact) for like a year now and i have been having some problems with it in the last months in the sense that it keeps loosening from the crank and idk why...i thighten it as hard as i possibly can each and every time it happens and sometimes after a few days, sometimes after a few minutes, it loosens again...it happened again in the past, but it somehow kept itself tight for a few months and now it came back...im very friggin ocd with my bike and like to keep everything clean and tight smile
So if anybody could give some ideas on what i could do to fix this damn thing, i would appreciate it!

|

4/17/2017 1:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2017 1:47 AM

yeah you need to get the "Loc-tite" red bottle and put 1 drop on there tighten it down and let it sit overnight to harden in place. This ensures that it won't get loose on its own but can be loosened if you really try with a wrench

|

Dax in Miami

I ride for:
Reklamation Bikes (Colorado)
London Bikes (Texas)

4/17/2017 4:11 AM

I'd suggest using blue rather than red...

|

4/17/2017 7:27 AM

It could also be caused by running it loose. The bolt hole won't be as snug, allowing the sprocket to move slightly, in turn loosening the bolt. If the sprocket has multiple bolt holes, use one of the others

|

4/17/2017 8:10 AM

blue locktite usually comes stock on that bolt. I would assume they put it there for a reason. its probably a common problem. like everyone else said just add a drop of lock tite

|

4/17/2017 10:47 PM

Probably the sprocket bolt being worn from it coming loose over time and constantly tightening it , probably messed with the threads . Aluminum is weird . But ya lock tight should work , or even a new sprocket bolt might be a problem solver too .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short