Sprocket teeth

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2011 7:36 PM

If you look at a sprocket it seems like all the teeth are a little different. Do you think it makes a diference? What have you found is a good/great sprocket and why?

|

2/16/2011 7:45 PM

i think the only reason the teeth look different is because you are looking at a used sprocket, either that, or you are crazy lol.

i guess it would be impossible to get all teeth to be EXACTLY the same though

|

2/16/2011 7:46 PM

look at primo, odyssey, tree, federal, etc. all the teeth are a little different.

|

2/16/2011 7:48 PM

1lomonte wrote:

look at primo, odyssey, tree, federal, etc. all the teeth are a little different.

show me pics?

|

2/16/2011 7:50 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

i think the only reason the teeth look different is because you are looking at a used sprocket, either that, or you are crazy lol.

i guess it would be impossible to get all teeth to be EXACTLY the same though

LOLz this

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

2/16/2011 7:55 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

all of them are exactly the same and thats a primo
|

bike check http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/ONE-TOUGHT-PODRE,1235558

[LINK TO IMAGE]

refs: fitbikeco77, iridebmxeveryday, nickkkk, floka myers, tinybikerider33, bmxihb321, beastassdick, lee rager

2/16/2011 7:56 PM

um ya ur crazy. i ran the nice rising sun chainwheel and no teeth r different at all and its a great chainwheel

|

cocain is a hell of a drug
reppin the RATCHET!

2/16/2011 7:57 PM

1lomonte wrote:

if you are looking on danscomp, the ONLY reason they look different is because the lighting/shine of the anodizing

|

2/16/2011 7:57 PM

I think he means that different sprockets have different shaped teeth e.g how primos are fairly pointy and trees are more rounded

|

2/16/2011 8:00 PM

bermybmxer wrote:

I think he means that different sprockets have different shaped teeth e.g how primos are fairly pointy and trees are more rounded

oh yeah....well that doesn't make a difference lol

|

2/16/2011 8:06 PM

bermybmxer wrote:

thats what im talking about. tree claims their teeth are better then other's and odyssey claims the same thing. I was looking at dans page for sprockets and noticed that they are different from company to company. maybe its the light but the companies claim their teeth engage different.

|

2/16/2011 8:19 PM

bermybmxer wrote:

1lomonte wrote:

thats what im talking about. tree claims their teeth are better then other's and odyssey claims the same thing. I was looking at dans page for sprockets and noticed that they are different from company to company. maybe its the light but the companies claim their teeth engage different.

I may be wrong, but i believe that trees teeth are stronger due to the rounded design

|

2/16/2011 8:21 PM

?utm_source=vitalbmx.com&utm_medium=referral
|

cocain is a hell of a drug
reppin the RATCHET!

2/16/2011 8:48 PM

1lomonte wrote:

no you are correct. the teeth design will vary from company to company.
as for the various designs, i'm not sure if any make a significant difference in performance.

|