Sprockets

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2018 6:49 PM

Hey guys, need some help here, does anyone know of a sprocket that has a spline drive system and also has a bash guard? I have looked all over and can’t find one

|

8/13/2018 6:55 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

Hey guys, need some help here, does anyone know of a sprocket that has a spline drive system and also has a bash guard? I have ...more

Unfortunately I wouldn’t, I don’t use spline drive.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

8/13/2018 7:03 PM

My Fit Key guard is spline drive, and the Odyssey LaGuardia is spline drive too... id just go with bolt drive though, spline drive can be a bitch if you dont have the proper shit...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/13/2018 7:06 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

My Fit Key guard is spline drive, and the Odyssey LaGuardia is spline drive too... id just go with bolt drive though, spline ...more

Ehh, I was just looking around for one and thought that I’d give it a look since I just got the cranks lol

|

8/13/2018 7:08 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

My Fit Key guard is spline drive, and the Odyssey LaGuardia is spline drive too... id just go with bolt drive though, spline ...more

Guyman22 wrote:

Ehh, I was just looking around for one and thought that I’d give it a look since I just got the cranks lol

I have a 22mm splibe drive Odyssey Fang sprxjet that i used with the Shadow cranks... not a guard sprocket though...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/13/2018 7:09 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Guyman22 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I have a 22mm splibe drive Odyssey Fang sprxjet that i used with the Shadow cranks... not a guard sprocket though...

Nah man I’m good, thanks for the offer though

|

8/13/2018 7:12 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Guyman22 wrote:

Find a Tree sprocket and then you are set. No guard but unless you plan to do stalls or are worried about the chain...it will hold up to a ton.

|

8/13/2018 7:13 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Guyman22 wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

Find a Tree sprocket and then you are set. No guard but unless you plan to do stalls or are worried about the chain...it will ...more

I looked but I can’t find any in 22 mm

|

8/13/2018 7:24 PM

Guyman22 wrote:

Gack2000 wrote:

Find a Tree sprocket and then you are set. No guard but unless you plan to do stalls or are worried about the chain...it will ...more

Guyman22 wrote:

I looked but I can’t find any in 22 mm

Call them I don’t remember but I think they have one. Or use too. They are pretty cool and can help you out and if they have one...lucky day lol

|

8/13/2018 9:48 PM

United Martinez

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/13/2018 10:35 PM

There are a few 22mm Spline Drive sprockets with guards, but tread very carefully because 22mm Spline Drive is a freaking nightmare.. In fact, a lot of companies have quit offering 22mm Spline Drive sprockets & cranks all together now due to compatibility issues & endless confusion.

Read this thread from when I tried to get my 22mm Spline Drive set-up going & it ended up taking months to do so. As it turns out, different companies use differently-shaped splines which is a total headache..

Just for the record- Mutiny Pentra, United Machinez, & Odyssey MDS2 SD are all 22mm SD sprockets & all used the same Spline Drive insert. They are known to be compatible with Shadow, Mutiny, & BSD cranks, as well as any other cranks with those specific splines (fair warning that even the United sprocket doesn't work with United cranks.)

If you can manage to find a 22mm SD Tree OG, they make bolt-on guards for them. You could maybe rig up a shadow bash guard to certain spline drive sprockets as well if ya put some thought into it.

My honest advice is to return your cranks if they're new still and get bolt-drive ones.. Will save you a lot of trouble & confusion in the future.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/13/2018 10:38 PM

Also look into Backhand Bikes. They are a small company that makes Spline Drive guard sprockets, I'm thinking they would make you a 22mm one if they don't offer them already. Still risking compatibility though

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

8/13/2018 11:20 PM

nobody is going to mention madera ookaayYy

|

8/14/2018 12:13 AM

tiho wrote:

No because who the hell makes such a nice guard sprocket out of 6061 Aluminum?

That sprocket genuinely disappoints me for that one reason only.

|

8/14/2018 12:23 AM

Madera

|

8/14/2018 1:39 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Also look into Backhand Bikes. They are a small company that makes Spline Drive guard sprockets, I'm thinking they would make ...more

Damn!
Those are some nice sprockets!
And the contour on the edges, so that it doesn't get fucked by the chain, it's a nice touch!
Drivers should also have this nice touch!

|

8/14/2018 3:02 AM

Can't help you on the sprocket question. But wow, I've never heard of Backhand Bikes, there stuff looks legit though. I wouldn't rock the fist stem, but it's a bloody cool idea. The sprockets and the standard stem look a great price and perfect design.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

8/14/2018 4:25 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

There are a few 22mm Spline Drive sprockets with guards, but tread very carefully because 22mm Spline Drive is a freaking ...more

They have bolt on holes with a bolt doki think that I am just going to use those

|

8/14/2018 4:26 AM

Well thanks a lot guys, I had no idea that there were different types of splines and that each company was comparable or not with another

|

8/14/2018 5:17 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

There are a few 22mm Spline Drive sprockets with guards, but tread very carefully because 22mm Spline Drive is a freaking ...more

Wow they make some nice stuff, might have to use that top load someday.

|

Hmmm

8/14/2018 10:01 AM

tiho wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That sprocket genuinely disappoints me for ...more

idk man, the whole madera pro team seems to love it, that should be enough for anyone

|

8/14/2018 10:09 AM

tiho wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

tiho wrote:

idk man, the whole madera pro team seems to love it, that should be enough for anyone

I've never had a good experience with a 6061 sprocket. Even before I knew how to grind, all my 6061 sprockets would end up having the teeth wear down in a matter of months, & once I did start learning grinds, I would taco them on fails (i rode nice 6061 sprockets too, such as the Profile Imperial..)
Switched to a 7075 Profile sprocket and was able to ride it for well over a year while still learning grinds.. no teeth wear, no bends, etc.

I personally run a guard sprocket to do sprocket stalls & grinds, so naturally I want it to be made from the material that is proven to hold up to such abuse. Not to mention teeth wear..

Idk. Just seems like it'd be worth making from the proper material. It's not like they dont have access to it or that it's that much more expensive..

Just my 2 cents, don't mind me

|

8/14/2018 10:39 AM

tiho wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

tiho wrote:

The Madera team get free sprockets

|

Hmmm

8/14/2018 11:17 AM

Guyman22 wrote:

Well thanks a lot guys, I had no idea that there were different types of splines and that each company was comparable or not ...more

I totally forgot call Gusset they make this little gem and then any sprocket is spline drive. Yes, they have a 22, but it’s factory direct Photo

|

8/14/2018 12:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 12:48 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I've never had a good experience with a 6061 sprocket. Even before I knew how to grind, all my 6061 sprockets would end up ...more

I was sketched out on my A.K Sprocket being 6061-t6-but the A.K, Shadow Sabotage and Federal Impact Plastic guards are all 6061, It's held up fine and the plastic guard has surprised me too.

|

8/14/2018 3:55 PM

tiho wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

ive bent 7075 guarded sprockets with the first sprocket stall lol

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

8/14/2018 4:24 PM

tiho wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

ive bent 7075 guarded sprockets with the first sprocket stall lol

Usually it's just the outside guard bit that bends though.
Another reason for a detachable guard.

|

Hmmm