Sprockets/Fly Dolmen Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2013 4:55 PM

Whats a good sprocket for the fly dolmen cranks? (28T) Because the guy at a bike shop by me said that the tree lite sprocket won't fit those cranks and that's what I wanted..Any other suggestions then that would fit those cranks? Thanks!

|

Follow me on Instagram: @illest783
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCatsfIKzk0T5ifIqsgm_myQ

5/5/2013 4:57 PM

Superstar Pimp or Odyssey MDS.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/5/2013 5:11 PM

the tree lite certanly will fit. he is a dumbass. the tree lite has a 22mm bore and the dolmens have a 22mm spindle. just gotta get bolt drive instead of spline drive

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/5/2013 5:27 PM

tomdon wrote:

the tree lite certanly will fit. he is a dumbass. the tree lite has a 22mm bore and the dolmens have a 22mm spindle. just gotta get bolt drive instead of spline drive

Yeah he was saying the dolmens have a 22.2 mm spindle and they would have to shave it down or something? I never heard of a 22.2 spindle though..

|

5/5/2013 5:32 PM

tomdon wrote:

brandonc783 wrote:

Yeah he was saying the dolmens have a 22.2 mm spindle and they would have to shave it down or something? I never heard of a 22.2 spindle though..

The guy probably measured it wrong.
Lube it up and it will slide in like nothing.
And yeah I'd get the Tree sprocket if I were you.

|

5/5/2013 5:34 PM

tomdon wrote:

brandonc783 wrote:

22.2 was the old profile ss. which converted to 7/16. anyway the dolmens are 22. hes a moron. we have a guy like that at my local shop too. tries to sell salt stuff to everybody and gets mad when you prove him wrong

|

5/5/2013 5:37 PM

tomdon wrote:

brandonc783 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

22.2 was the old profile ss. which converted to 7/16. anyway the dolmens are 22. hes a moron. we have a guy like that at my local shop too. tries to sell salt stuff to everybody and gets mad when you prove him wrong

That's retarded, why would he want to sell the cheap stuff.
Meh, I know a guy who said my wheels couldn't be trued because his stand wasn't compatible and the same guy wouldn't snap my chain cause apparently he had stuff to do.
No one in the shop and when I came in I found him watching TV...

|

5/5/2013 7:49 PM

brandonc783 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Meh, I know a guy who said my wheels couldn't be trued because his stand wasn't compatible and the same guy wouldn't snap my chain cause apparently he had stuff to do.

Holy shit my lbs is like "I spent like 2hours & he spent another 2 trying to get it to work right but it has to be loose or it binds up & you should try & warranty it or we can warranty it for you." Didnt charge me a thing for the hours they spent trying to get it fixed.
So I warrantied it & the bushing was too short or something in the driver.
My lbs even trued my wheels for free once or twice & they get them perfectly straight. (Re-tensioning the entire wheel not just tightening spokes).

I now appreciate what my lbs does for me a little more.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/5/2013 7:58 PM

tomdon wrote:

andyferly wrote:

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Holy shit my lbs is like "I spent like 2hours & he spent another 2 trying to get it to work right but it has to be loose or it binds up & you should try & warranty it or we can warranty it for you." Didnt charge me a thing for the hours they spent trying to get it fixed.
My lbs even trued my wheels for free once or twice & they get them perfectly straight. (Re-tensioning the entire wheel not just tightening spokes).

i ride with 2 of the guys from the shop. i appreciate what they do. just not the fat lazy guy that has no idea what he is doing

|

5/5/2013 7:59 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

My LBS is dope, he owns a bike shop and he gets shot done.
I went to the shop only because it was right behind my house, but the guy was an old race bike (As like road bikes) so he doesn't know much about BMX.
While my other one id a rider and his shop is in a shopping center and every year he organizes a contest, so we get to ride the ramps.
Plus he gets wheel straight perfect and if you don't have the money on the spot you can pay him back later.

|

5/5/2013 8:50 PM

Ya I'm not bashing my lbs or anything there awesome and a few of my friends work there.

|

5/5/2013 9:44 PM

My LBS sucks ass the one time i went there they managed to bend my sprocket, snap my break cable, lose a brake pad and when i looked at my cranks there was hammer marks all over it and the chain was loose af.
They tried saying i did all that and tried charging me like $70 for all the hard work they did

Anyways I'd get the tree or MDS sprocket

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/5/2013 9:58 PM

tomdon wrote:

I wish i got bolt drive, spline drives are impossible to put on

|

DialedGuerraBmx

5/5/2013 10:01 PM

My local bike store is sick, they do little maintence stuff for free when I'm there and typically fix everything good. Only thing is they don't tighten bolts enough, they let you do that to personal preference. I love them #Bike Zone

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/5/2013 10:08 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

My LBS sucks ass the one time i went there they managed to bend my sprocket, snap my break cable, lose a brake pad and when i looked at my cranks there was hammer marks all over it and the chain was loose af.
They tried saying i did all that and tried charging me like $70 for all the hard work they did

Anyways I'd get the tree or MDS sprocket

Most bike shops suck ass.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/6/2013 7:44 AM

I think my bike fell off the bike stand once because I got it back & there was a dent that looked like somebody hit it insanly hard with the side of a pen.
You cant tell unless you look close soci didnt really care.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

5/6/2013 8:02 AM

Guys, don't bitch about your LBS, no matter how bad they are. You can still buy parts from them. I don't have a bike shop. I have to order EVERYTHING.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/6/2013 8:03 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Guys, don't bitch about your LBS, no matter how bad they are. You can still buy parts from them. I don't have a bike shop. I have to order EVERYTHING.

i prefer to order everything because the only bike shop around me that deals bmx is full of dicks and ill be dammed if they get my service

|

5/6/2013 2:49 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

justin vogelsberger wrote:

i prefer to order everything because the only bike shop around me that deals bmx is full of dicks and ill be dammed if they get my service

I either order online or get my LBS to get me the stuff, he's really an awesome dude.

|

5/6/2013 3:23 PM

The Fly Pentagono sprocket. Friend of mine has both, looks so clean and it sounds silly, but they look even cleaner.

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

5/7/2013 4:45 PM

The fly cranks can only run a spline drive on the left side, not right.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/7/2013 4:48 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Or you could have my LBS that has nothing except like 1 eastern frame and pedals and the rest is road bikes and shit like that. And you basically can only order eastern from it.lol

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

5/7/2013 6:46 PM

Four wrote:

So if I run it on left side it only takes spline drive?

|

5/7/2013 7:16 PM

Four wrote:

brandonc783 wrote:

Nah you can run a regular sprocket on the left and right but spline drive sprockets will only work on the left not the right, does that kinda make sense? I worded it weird the first time haha.

|

5/7/2013 8:00 PM

Four wrote:

brandonc783 wrote:

Four wrote:

Nah you can run a regular sprocket on the left and right but spline drive sprockets will only work on the left not the right, does that kinda make sense? I worded it weird the first time haha.

Oh okay yeah I see what ur saying now . Haha thanks !

|

5/7/2013 8:01 PM

brandonc783 wrote:

Alright haha no problem man, I need to get a 22spanish bottom bracket so I can ride mine lol.

|

5/8/2013 11:09 AM

Four wrote:

brandonc783 wrote:

Four wrote:

Alright haha no problem man, I need to get a 22spanish bottom bracket so I can ride mine lol.

Oh god do you need a Spanish bb for them? Cause I ordered those cranks and s&m btm frame but I ordered a mid bb

|

5/8/2013 12:15 PM

brandonc783 wrote:

Oh god do you need a Spanish bb for them? Cause I ordered those cranks and s&m btm frame but I ordered a mid bb

Nah, you can use them with mid my frame has a spanish bb which is why I need one. They will work fine with mid I had them in a mid bb before lol.

|