Sputnic bmx??

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2013 6:26 PM

Does anyone know what happened to sputnic?
I'm just curious

|

7/1/2013 6:30 PM

They went out of business a while back.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/1/2013 6:31 PM

Houston had a problem

|

7/1/2013 6:33 PM

Again? Really? As four and eskimojay said, out of business for whatever reason

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/1/2013 6:59 PM

They went out of business because they were cooperated with shadow and subrosa subrosa makes frame and sputnic mostly did but had hubs bars ect but shadow was a company for that so sputnic was like a extra it makes good quality parts they just went out of business because they had shadow and subrosa and didnt really need sputnic I've been running the space cobra frame it's so strong sick frame as well great geo if I don't cover enough the user Me? Will cover some.

|

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

7/1/2013 8:20 PM

Chris12345 wrote:

They went out of business because they were cooperated with shadow and subrosa subrosa makes frame and sputnic mostly did but had hubs bars ect but shadow was a company for that so sputnic was like a extra it makes good quality parts they just went out of business because they had shadow and subrosa and didnt really need sputnic I've been running the space cobra frame it's so strong sick frame as well great geo if I don't cover enough the user Me? Will cover some.

Oh ok
Thanks smile

|

7/1/2013 9:08 PM

i ask this same question a couple days ago

|

7/1/2013 9:27 PM

They didn't "go out of business," the parent company just decided not to continue with the brand. They have their hands full with running Shadow and Subrosa, along with a full-on distribution with numerous other brands.

|

7/1/2013 9:39 PM

kylecarlson wrote:

They didn't "go out of business," the parent company just decided not to continue with the brand. They have their hands full with running Shadow and Subrosa, along with a full-on distribution with numerous other brands.

hopefully their brought back i've always wanted a space cobra

|

Give props if deserved but know respect is earned.
-Anthony Flores
My Kinky Setup

7/1/2013 9:42 PM

Tweetz wrote:

Won't happen.. That was Ben Hucke's signature model and he rides for Diamondback now if I'm not mistaken?

Sputnic could be brought back sometime later down the road, but I'd imagine it'd be run by different people, different team, and different parts.

|

7/1/2013 9:43 PM

Tweetz wrote:

I wouldn't count on them coming back. Even if they did, there wouldn't be a Space Cobra. That was Ben Hucke's signature frame and, obviously, he doesn't ride for them anymore. Check out the Night Seeker from Diamondback - it's Ben's current signature frame - http://www.vitalbmx.com/photos/member/Ben-Hucke-Night-Seeker,43978/Diamondback-Night-Seeker,113788/kylecarlson,363

|

7/2/2013 9:19 AM

kylecarlson wrote:

Tweetz wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Won't happen.. That was Ben Hucke's signature model and he rides for Diamondback now if I'm not mistaken?

Sputnic could be brought back sometime later down the road, but I'd imagine it'd be run by different people, different team, and different parts.

He rides for shadow aswell

|

Refs: JakeSalbert, Me?(x4), The Balt, the_bmxist,
Jared42069(x2), Dogbones,

7/2/2013 9:36 AM

Sputnic sucked dick I had a Stratocaster that shit snapped I had their forks too both drop outs broke off, just as durable as a shadow chain

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/2/2013 9:44 AM

this is what happened to sputnic
Photo

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/2/2013 9:55 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

this is what happened to sputnic
Photo

An old sprocket broke, how is that representative of the demise of the company?

|

7/2/2013 10:35 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

An old sprocket broke, how is that representative of the demise of the company?

it was old but hardly ridden, I bought it new and after about a month of using it I had given it to a friend who needed a new sprocket (all the wear and chips on the teeth showed up within that month), he never used it because he didn't like the feel of 25t so it just sat there and the first time I rode it after all that time it snapped.

not saying sputnic is crappy or anything I actually liked their parts and the spacecobra was a frame I liked alot

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin