Squeeky brakes

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2011 11:50 PM

So i my brakes have been really squeeky this week when i brake (which isn't that often but it is still anoying as fuck) So do any of you guys have any ideas on how to fix it? cheers

|

Rise With The Fallen

3/26/2011 11:53 PM

brakes squeak
get over it

|

3/26/2011 11:54 PM

Ahahaa they squeaked when i had em too bro, then in the last week before i sold them to you they stopped squeaking.

It just means they're working good and you have your brakes set up good, IMO the squeak is awesome as fuck! Hhaa i have no suggestions how to stop it but yeeee i love the sound, ha.

|

3/26/2011 11:59 PM

When i had brakes, it happened because of the normal wear.. then i switched the pads around (left to right - right to left) and it stopped.. it has something to do with the direction the rim moves against the pad.. and if the pads are clear they will squeak more than black or other colors.. or so i've heard.

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

3/27/2011 12:02 AM

sqeeky brakes are the best

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/27/2011 12:10 AM

brakes are loud.

here at the park, the louder the brakes, the trendier and cool you are. dont ask me why

|

3/27/2011 1:11 AM

If they squeak then they're working good.

|

3/27/2011 4:36 AM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

brakes are loud.

here at the park, the louder the brakes, the trendier and cool you are. dont ask me why

same here. trend children get them for the sound.

|

3/27/2011 6:04 AM

squeak = working good

|

Refs: TCbmx, AO8, DannyP, Ron44ald, BEASTASSDICKwink

Bike check!!

3/27/2011 7:08 AM

Toe in the pads, and by this I mean adjust them so the front of the pad hits first. I fold a business card in half, loosen the pad bolt, pull the brakes so it pinches the business card against the rim on the BACK HALF OF THE BRAKE PAD-front touches rim about 1-2 MM before the rear of the pad, then tighten the mounting bolt again. If need be, toe in further.

Clean your rim with a little rubbing alcohol (sometimes it does get worse for a minute). DO NOT USE SODA OR ANYTHING STICKY TO "CLEAN" your rim.

Do you have clear pads? Those squeal like hell.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/27/2011 7:11 AM

i just got clear pads and my bike sounds like a train horn

|

3/29/2011 8:27 PM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

Ahahaa they squeaked when i had em too bro, then in the last week before i sold them to you they stopped squeaking.

It just means they're working good and you have your brakes set up good, IMO the squeak is awesome as fuck! Hhaa i have no suggestions how to stop it but yeeee i love the sound, ha.

haha yer it's good but i gets anoying tongue

|

Rise With The Fallen

3/29/2011 8:30 PM

fallen wrote:

haha yer it's good but i gets anoying tongue

buy brand new clear brake bads and clean your rim with rubbing achole

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

3/29/2011 8:33 PM

My brakes scream when I dont ride trails because of the loss of dirt. The clear pads work much better but they scream, but my brakes work almost as good as disk brakes on a hard tail.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

3/29/2011 8:37 PM

tankbob wrote:

My brakes scream when I dont ride trails because of the loss of dirt. The clear pads work much better but they scream, but my brakes work almost as good as disk brakes on a hard tail.

yer i will probs get clear

|

Rise With The Fallen

3/29/2011 8:40 PM

tankbob wrote:

fallen wrote:

yer i will probs get clear

Go for it, not a lot of cash but youll hate it after a while, I know I do.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

4/2/2011 4:26 AM

toe your brakes in

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

4/2/2011 4:46 AM

hmmmm i have a grate idea thake your brakes off who need them anyway

|

1 D F for life

4/2/2011 7:46 AM

Toe your breaks in. painted rims will also increase the squeek. Its a sound almost every rider has, you get used to it after a while or just break when needed.

|

Brennan Huff: "I'm so scared right now. I'm just gonna to do what's sensible, I'm gonna file for unemployment. Then I'm gonna try to get a job at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss."

4/2/2011 7:59 AM

loud brakes = good brakes. if you really dont like the squeak, take some sandpaper to the brake pad to rough it up a bit. it only lasts a little while tho.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

4/2/2011 9:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2011 9:09 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Toe in the pads, and by this I mean adjust them so the front of the pad hits first. I fold a business card in half, loosen the pad bolt, pull the brakes so it pinches the business card against the rim on the BACK HALF OF THE BRAKE PAD-front touches rim about 1-2 MM before the rear of the pad, then tighten the mounting bolt again. If need be, toe in further.

Clean your rim with a little rubbing alcohol (sometimes it does get worse for a minute). DO NOT USE SODA OR ANYTHING STICKY TO "CLEAN" your rim.

Do you have clear pads? Those squeal like hell.

Dude i was just about to chime in my trick for toeing in pads! I do almost the exact same thing except i use a playing card folded over about 3 times and i place it on the back half of the pad,squeeze the brake lever,and tighten the pad up. works like a charm!

Also it helps if theres no wiggle room on the calipers. mine use to vibrate up and down and squeek super loud so i filed down a very small ammount on the top of my brake mounts and they work great now with less squealing.

You want your calipers to move as they should nice and smooth (in and out) with as little slop (up and down) as possable. its hard to explane.

|

4/2/2011 12:20 PM

i love squeeky brakes, i can press my brake when some fag is in front of me instead of shouting "move out da way!"

|

4/2/2011 2:15 PM

Put some three in one oil on your rims, that should sort it wink haha

|