Odyssey Makes the Best Forks. Stampy V2.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2014 12:01 PM

http://www.odysseybmx.com/catalog/forks/

Remember when you said some new forks were better than Odyssey's?

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/9/2014 12:12 PM

Cant watch the video at school, but im glad they redid the test. Im guessing they didnt show what forks were in the tests, but i still want to see them compared to Shadow Inceptive, Primo Pro, Tree Okan, etc. I feel like these forks would give them a run for their money even if they still get beat.. And since we dont know what forks they tested, they could be some really cheap/crappy forks and we wouldnt know. But Odyssey forks are still bomb proof nevertheless and im sure they would have tested out other popular forks. Not to mention they still offer break mounts, so theyve got my money. Haha.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/9/2014 12:17 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Cant watch the video at school, but im glad they redid the test. Im guessing they didnt show what forks were in the tests, but ...more

I'm seeing Inceptivs, Widemouth Pitchforks or maybe regular Pitchforks, Cult Sect IC, and a couple others I can't really see well enough to know what they are. Bikeguide will figure the rest out soon haha.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/9/2014 12:26 PM

Definitely getting Odyssey forks when my stock ones break (had Salt forks for almost 2 years!)

|

12/9/2014 12:30 PM

That's nice Odyssey but I still prefer my Fiend Invest forks. Look nicer and have more tire clearance. Gonna see what these Tree forks are like in a few days, I'm well sure theres plenty of strength. These Stampy vids might show their forks winning the test but I personally know a few people who snapped their R series forks.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

12/9/2014 12:34 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

That's nice Odyssey but I still prefer my Fiend Invest forks. Look nicer and have more tire clearance. Gonna see what these ...more

Those people would be able to get new forks for free. Another reason to buy Odyssey forks over any other forks. You'll never have to buy another fork if you buy Odyssey forks.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/9/2014 12:35 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

That's nice Odyssey but I still prefer my Fiend Invest forks. Look nicer and have more tire clearance. Gonna see what these ...more

But they could get new R Series forks too. How'd they happen to break them?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/9/2014 12:46 PM

Why don't they tell us what forks they tested? I know i saw some s&m forks in there but i couldnt guess any of the others. Wondering how eclat compares.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/9/2014 12:47 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Why don't they tell us what forks they tested? I know i saw some s&m forks in there but i couldnt guess any of the others. ...more

Legal reasons. Pretty sure they tested Stream forks in the first one.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/9/2014 12:50 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Why don't they tell us what forks they tested? I know i saw some s&m forks in there but i couldnt guess any of the others. ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

they tested streams in the first video. honestly 2nd video was a waste of time. nothing new was learned.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/9/2014 12:56 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

they tested streams in the first video. honestly 2nd video was a waste of time. nothing new was learned.

The people that said newer forks were stronger were proven wrong, and we finally saw Odyssey forks break in the test. And of course it's gonna make more people wanna buy Odyssey forks.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/9/2014 1:12 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The people that said newer forks were stronger were proven wrong, and we finally saw Odyssey forks break in the test. And of ...more

I didn't see an broken odyssey forks in the test...

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/9/2014 1:14 PM

this is why i like odyssey shit.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/9/2014 1:14 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

"So, in order to push the tests and our forks even harder we created an updated rig design that would let us supply much more force than the last time around. With this test we doubled up the cylinders that are applying the load and ramped the force up by 25%, going from 4000 Newtons to 5000 Newtons. That’s just over half a ton! (1124 lbf per cycle). Even so, at half a million cycles we started to wonder how long our forks were going to last, and since our competitor’s forks had already been taken to failure, we decided to ramp up the load on our forks to 6000 Newtons (1349 lbf), 50% higher than the previous tests, and after over 650,000 cycles, we were finally able to break them."

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/9/2014 1:21 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

Definitely getting Odyssey forks when my stock ones break (had Salt forks for almost 2 years!)

Same dude, salt is an under rated company!

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/9/2014 1:24 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The people that said newer forks were stronger were proven wrong, and we finally saw Odyssey forks break in the test. And of ...more

Brokenbmx wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

"So, in order to push the tests and our forks even harder we created an updated rig design that would let us supply much more ...more

I didn't bother to read the article, But to be that asshole they didn't physiclly show them break in the video.

The video was cool and all but why revamp the machine to break the fork and then not show it broken?

|

12/9/2014 1:55 PM

Fair enough ill give you that. Still need them to actually test them against all of the major forks rather than a hand selected few and put out a full video of the test start to finish but as I said before once they put that out I will happily recommend them over all others.

|

12/9/2014 2:02 PM

JoeDavidson wrote:

Fair enough ill give you that. Still need them to actually test them against all of the major forks rather than a hand ...more

They already said that they can't do every fork, so they just pick 5 of the most popular forks out. And a full test video would literally be days of the machine pressing on each forks. It's pointless and would take far too long to upload. Really it's just time restraints. These videos prove their point. This is already more than any other company is willing to do, plus they have the best warranty, so there's no real reason to buy another fork outside of looks.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/9/2014 2:16 PM

i know i saw what looked like the shadow logo under the tape of one of em.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/9/2014 2:18 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

They already said that they can't do every fork, so they just pick 5 of the most popular forks out. And a full test video ...more

could easily make a full video, Stick it on x100 (or maybe more) and split the screen into 6. It would just be nice to see it for my own eyes rather than having to take someone's word for it (especially with the number of claims of broken ones). Always a good idea to allow the customer to see things you are making claims about with their own eyes

|

12/9/2014 2:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2014 2:22 PM

JoeDavidson wrote:

could easily make a full video, Stick it on x100 (or maybe more) and split the screen into 6. It would just be nice to see it ...more

I've only ever seen one broken R series fork, and considering they're the most popular fork on the market, that's damn good. Heard of maybe two more, but never saw proof of them. The Stampy test is as fair as you can get. Odyssey can't bullshit the results and get away with it. They showed what the test does. It just does that for days. There's no bullshitting here. It's as simple as that.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/9/2014 2:24 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I've only ever seen one broken R series fork, and considering they're the most popular fork on the market, that's damn good. ...more

I'm not saying it isn't, im just saying out up a sped up version so people can see for their own eyes. I'm not quite sure why your arguing with this.

|

12/9/2014 2:27 PM

JoeDavidson wrote:

I'm not saying it isn't, im just saying out up a sped up version so people can see for their own eyes. I'm not quite sure why ...more

Sorry, I will never have a discussion on an internet forum ever again.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

12/9/2014 2:29 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Sorry, I will never have a discussion on an internet forum ever again.

or you could just admit it's a good idea to prove their claims beyond all doubt so no one can argue about whether or not they are the strongest anymore.

|

12/9/2014 2:49 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

I didn't bother to read the article, But to be that asshole they didn't physiclly show them break in the video.

The video ...more

Because every kid who dislikes Odyssey for no reason would screen shot it and claim they broke the forks and try to convince someone to spend their money on something else.

And they didn't name the other brands to A. Not start crap with them, and B legal reasons. Plus showing how weak other brands are in comparison by name would be really bad PR for odyssey. They are trying to make themselves look good without making others look bad by naming them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/9/2014 3:17 PM

Odyssey forks are by far the best ever
Can't say im a fan of the newer ones with those ugly dropouts, classics had the best look

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/9/2014 3:28 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

MidWestBMX wrote:

Same dude, salt is an under rated company!

Salt is just the budget line of WTP/Eclat, def. no underrating going on there

|

Insta: @thenoahrolf
Refs: Hatebreeder, vinum
Bike Check

Wrong! Russia doesn't even have gays! America is 80% homosexual! - mantaymark

the word n****r actually means ignorant in its original definition it wasn't until the internet became popular and it was changed to mean black people - OneGuyIlluminatiEye

12/9/2014 4:06 PM

Fatigue stress only , I want to see dropout welds and dent resistance tests !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/9/2014 4:12 PM

Was waiting for this since I saw sneak peek photos on instagram.

I do wish they would've tested the dropouts specifically to show what they can handle too, but I guess it's more important to show how much stress the steerer tube/leg joints can take because if that breaks on you while riding, you're pretty fucked.

|

12/9/2014 4:19 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Fatigue stress only , I want to see dropout welds and dent resistance tests !

This does test the dropouts. The forks are installed and the force is applied in a way that is identical to how it would be on your bike. Dropouts aren't really a concern anymore. And I don't think I've ever seen a dented fork haha.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴