Standard Resinator

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2018 7:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 7:16 AM

I’m really intrigued by this frame. Is anyone riding it? What do you guys think of the specifications? Looks like more of a street style geo which is what I’m wanting to try out soon and I’ve always had A secret love affair With Standard Bykes....
http://www.standardbyke.com/resinator-frame/

|

9/27/2018 7:16 AM

|

9/27/2018 8:33 AM

I've never tried one. But you can't go wrong.

|

9/27/2018 8:45 AM

It's Standard. Buy it.

|

9/27/2018 8:54 AM

It's a tad too responsive for my liking, but quality wise standard are amongst the best

|

9/27/2018 9:14 AM

dead goon wrote:

It's Standard. Buy it.

beat me to it

|

fack off

9/27/2018 9:22 AM

Oh wow! That geo was seemingly made for me! >__

|

9/27/2018 9:28 AM

You guys are enablers lol in the near future I think I’m going to order one with the old school standard headtube gusset just for the looks.....

|

9/27/2018 11:09 AM

I like it, I’ve wanted a standard before but 420 bucks for a frame is pushing it lol

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/27/2018 11:18 AM

pretty standard geo...... run of the mill

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/27/2018 11:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 12:24 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

Yeh I figured there were a lot of frames being made pretty similar. I just didn’t realize Standard had one (that wasn’t a custom build). I’ve been eyeing the Whammo, street sweeper and this....there’s just something special about Standard.. back in the day I always admired guys who rode them but I never had the dough. . . My riding is weak but I can financially afford one. . . Does that make me a poser? Lol

|

9/27/2018 11:32 AM

Four wrote:

I like it, I’ve wanted a standard before but 420 bucks for a frame is pushing it lol

Regular Taiwanese frames are about that here. silly

|

9/27/2018 11:34 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Yeh I figured there were a lot of frames being made pretty similar. I just didn’t realize Standard had one (that wasn’t a custom build). I’ve been eyeing the Whammo, street sweeper and this....there’s just something special about Standard.. back in the day I always admired guys who rode them but I never had the dough. . . My riding is weak but I can financially afford one. . . Does that make me a poser? Lol

Doesn't matter, you're still throwing money at the best part of the industry and that's great.

|

9/27/2018 11:42 AM

jbales wrote:

Regular Taiwanese frames are about that here. silly

Damn they’re like 310-330 for one here lol

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/27/2018 12:26 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

nah i always wanted a trail boss i could buy one but i ride street so geo doesnt really help me smile when i started riding again first frame i was gunna grab was trail boss but then i learned GEO and was like nope

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/27/2018 2:10 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

nah i always wanted a trail boss i could buy one but i ride street so geo doesnt really help me smile when i started riding again first frame i was gunna grab was trail boss but then i learned GEO and was like nope

Yes. The old Trail Boss was an iconic frame during the mid school era and I too have always wanted one recently but like you said the geo wasn’t what I want to try right now.

|

9/27/2018 3:41 PM

I'd like,to ad a sta 500 to my collection!

|

brakeless maniac

9/27/2018 5:03 PM

Sunday Nightshift.

Nearly identical geo, cheaper and lifetime warranty.

|

9/27/2018 5:29 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Sunday Nightshift.

Nearly identical geo, cheaper and lifetime warranty.

At Standard you can talk to the guy who makes your frame. You can also make minor adjustments without charge. That's either something you value or it isn't.

|

9/27/2018 5:59 PM

I see this frame can be done with dual cable routing. I’m assuming the dual cables only come into play with a gyro system right? Can the odyssey m2 lever run dual cables in the “straight” configuration? Is there anything to be gained by doing that? I’m not interested in gyros at all. Only ran straight cables my whole life.

|

9/27/2018 6:23 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

I see this frame can be done with dual cable routing. I’m assuming the dual cables only come into play with a gyro system right? Can the odyssey m2 lever run dual cables in the “straight” configuration? Is there anything to be gained by doing that? I’m not interested in gyros at all. Only ran straight cables my whole life.

You would lose a lot of braking performance. 2x the cable = 2x the friction, this is why gyros dont have as much stopping power as straight cables. Could be possible to rig up though..

I plan on rigging an M2 to function for both the back and front brake. Run 2 separate straight cables out of it. For shits and giggles

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/27/2018 6:32 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

You would lose a lot of braking performance. 2x the cable = 2x the friction, this is why gyros dont have as much stopping power as straight cables. Could be possible to rig up though..

I plan on rigging an M2 to function for both the back and front brake. Run 2 separate straight cables out of it. For shits and giggles

How would friction affect braking power? You're still giving the brake the same amount of force, unless the friction is massive. Surely it's flex in the gyro that reduces the braking power?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/27/2018 6:39 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

How would friction affect braking power? You're still giving the brake the same amount of force, unless the friction is massive. Surely it's flex in the gyro that reduces the braking power?

Friction plays a huge part in it, but you are right that there is more parts in a gyro set up that flex.

More cable(s) -> more friction, -> more sluggish pull in the lever

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/28/2018 9:47 AM

Idk how y'all are setting up your gyros, but my dual cable set up seems to lock harder than my Linear Quik Slic straight cable dif..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/28/2018 10:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2018 10:03 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Idk how y'all are setting up your gyros, but my dual cable set up seems to lock harder than my Linear Quik Slic straight cable dif..

That's what I was thinking. Well lubed quality cables have little friction. And friction aside, a high quality dual cable setup will offer a more solid feel when dialed in properly as the dual cables share the force applied the lever and will stretch less. Not aiming this at Tim, but I assume most detangler haters wanted to try it once, cheaped out and got a G3 kit, it felt like shit and that was that. I'm not saying the G3 doesn't work, but it's no where near as good as a full dual cable setup with a CNC'd rotor.

|

9/28/2018 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/28/2018 10:09 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

jbales wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Well lubed quality cables have little friction. And friction aside, a high quality dual cable setup will offer a more solid feel when dialed in properly as the dual cables share the force applied the lever and will stretch less. Not aiming this at Tim, but I assume most detangler haters wanted to try it once, cheaped out and got a G3 kit, it felt like shit and that was that. I'm not saying the G3 doesn't work, but it's no where near as good as a full dual cable setup with a CNC'd rotor.

Not to get this thread derailed too much, but I have no interest in a gyro. I will never throw more than a single bar spin. I can’t do tail whips. I saw that this Resonator frame is made(or not If requested) with double cable hangers through the seat tube to be run with dual cables. My question more specifically should be: Does anyone run dual cables without a gyro? I’m thinking no, so if I were to order this frame and I don’t run gyro then dual cable built in adjustments on the frame is pointless.....unless dual cables ran linear are a lot more solid than a single linear. I’m not around a lot of BMXers so nobody to ask....sorry if this question seems stupid.

|

9/28/2018 10:20 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Not to get this thread derailed too much, but I have no interest in a gyro. I will never throw more than a single bar spin. I can’t do tail whips. I saw that this Resonator frame is made(or not If requested) with double cable hangers through the seat tube to be run with dual cables. My question more specifically should be: Does anyone run dual cables without a gyro? I’m thinking no, so if I were to order this frame and I don’t run gyro then dual cable built in adjustments on the frame is pointless.....unless dual cables ran linear are a lot more solid than a single linear. I’m not around a lot of BMXers so nobody to ask....sorry if this question seems stupid.

The simple answer is no. It's not the way it works and if you never plan on running a gyro, there's no need to get the through seat tube guides.

|

9/28/2018 10:21 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

jbales wrote:

My set up was;

Odyssey M2 lever
34R Orto plate
Odyssey GSX(or whatev) sealed bearing detangler
2x Tree Power SB Teflon cables
Stolen Knuckles london mod
& I ran both Odyssey Evo 2s and Tektro 950s at some point.

It was a great set up & all, but as soon as I replaced it with a linear cable, my braking performance increased incredibly and my lever pulled noticeably smoother.

That being said, I never worked out my hands at the time, maybe I could have strengthened my grip and gotten better use out of the gyro.

Only reason gyros are whack is because they don't work as good and are significantly heavier & more expensive. I do believe they serve a purpose in the world of park riding, but most kids that can't whip/bar get them just to have them. Myself being one of those kids at one point lol.

|

9/28/2018 10:22 AM

jbales wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

jbales wrote:

The simple answer is no. It's not the way it works and if you never plan on running a gyro, there's no need to get the through seat tube guides.

Thanks Jbales.

|

9/28/2018 10:25 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

My set up was;

Odyssey M2 lever
34R Orto plate
Odyssey GSX(or whatev) sealed bearing detangler
2x Tree Power SB Teflon cables
Stolen Knuckles london mod
& I ran both Odyssey Evo 2s and Tektro 950s at some point.

It was a great set up & all, but as soon as I replaced it with a linear cable, my braking performance increased incredibly and my lever pulled noticeably smoother.

That being said, I never worked out my hands at the time, maybe I could have strengthened my grip and gotten better use out of the gyro.

Only reason gyros are whack is because they don't work as good and are significantly heavier & more expensive. I do believe they serve a purpose in the world of park riding, but most kids that can't whip/bar get them just to have them. Myself being one of those kids at one point lol.

I could never do enough barspins or tailwhips to warrant a gyro. I just think it looks great and my OCD can't have a flapping around cable sticking out of the front of the bike. grin

|