Standard Trailboss build issues ( old school fellas or anyone who knows both old and new frames plz chime in )

Related:
Create New Tag

12/22/2018 7:56 PM

Hello Ladies & Gents.

im building 2 trailboss frames for myself and my son..

I have an OG 1998 trailboss i bought new upon its debut. The frames are different... Much different to be honest. The old one was gusseted and the down tube gets thicker as it gets closer to the Bottom Bracket.
The Old frame required CUPS for the bearings..( American Bottom Bracket ) Once you seated the cups the bearings went inside the cups.. add the spindle and spacers and bang you were done. NOW

The NEW frames take a MID BB I cleaned up my old profile cranks for my kids frame and the spindle is TOO SHORT BY ALMOST A HALF INCH.
Now what? Hell i tried a pair of 3 pc off a Fit bike ( 400 ) team version from 2010 and they are too short as well.

I ordered a set of Cults for mine new bike. Guess I have to order another set for his or does profile still sell the OG crank spindle in longer sizes?
has anyone else swapped out these frames old to new and what issues did you have?

|

12/22/2018 7:57 PM

|

12/22/2018 8:35 PM

Profile sells longer spindles. They are one of few companies that do.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/23/2018 2:56 AM

Profile also sells a bunch of different BB style/types

|

12/23/2018 3:32 AM

Hmmmm, this is odd. I've had a pair of older profiles and the axle was the same length as the newer ones.
here's the different lengths
5.625" is the normal length. Measure yours, you can get away with just buying an axle

|

12/23/2018 6:39 AM

Check Profiles site. They have what you need.

|

12/23/2018 10:12 AM

yea i just want the spindle. Bikes look amazing so far. Z's is done other then the spindle and add pedals..My trailboss needs a stem to complete.. i made an order and were just waiting for parts to come in,

|