Beginner Dilemma

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2017 4:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2017 4:25 PM

Hey!

Im a very social person and as the title says im 21 years old and getting into bmx! I feel like this is an awkward age to get into it as at any beginner session in a park is for the little ones yet at any open session i feel as if i would get in everybody's way! There aren't many if any other people around me that ride so i find myself just riding the streets by myself and it really downs my motivation sometimes. I was wondering 2 things,

1. Is anybody else in the same situation

2. If people are, is there anyway we could 'link' up over the internet just to keep up to date and motivate each other in a competitive way?

Any help/advice is appreciated and introduce yourself!
Cheers!
|

6/29/2017 5:41 PM

I'm 29 and just getting into it and what I do is go at times when it's dead to get some sessions in and practice at my works parking lot on lunch break I really suck but it's just a week or two in so meh practice makes better right

|

Ride till you die

6/29/2017 5:42 PM

And if your there with others just keep to etiquette and you won't get in the way

|

Ride till you die

6/29/2017 9:35 PM

I'm 20 and i started legitimately riding when I turned 19 (I actually started when I was 13 but rarely ever had any bikes back then) I also don't really have anyone to ride with. Yesterday I had my first real park session and I was kinda intimidated by the other riders my age, mainly because they were boosting out of the bowl over the fence doing mad tricks and shit and I was just learning how to air out of it. I do enjoy a good lone street session though because it's just me and my bike out there making the city my canvas.. Although it does take a toll on my motivation, I guess it's cause I'm not trying to show off to anyone.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

6/29/2017 10:31 PM

Unfortunately, from my experience at least, the riders around your age have the worst attitudes. But, there's plenty of people out there just starting, of all ages.
The more you go to any session, the quicker you'll get to know the other riders. I'm sure some of them are cool and will ride with you

|

6/30/2017 5:17 AM

Cheers guys

Just going to find out when the quietest sessions are at the park are and go from there! Lone street riding it is until i find some other riders!

All the best guys!

|

6/30/2017 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2017 8:18 AM

Google skatepark etiquette. Everyone should know the unwritten ( can probably find them written, that's why I said google lol) rules of the park. I see so many kids that don't, and then people get pissed off, and can become assholes about it, but it's usually thier own fault. Same rules apply to everyone, bikers, skaters, and ugh, even skooters I suppose.

|