Starting To Understand Cult

Related:
Create New Tag

1/25/2012 12:25 PM

First off, i am very impressed with Cult's new "Match" rim coming out, it's a design i have yet to see and it seems like a good idea.

Here's that stuff:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

The extra wide spoke holes make working on your wheels that bit easier.

““Triangles rule.” This statement played over and over in our heads when we designed the Cult Match rim…By inserting “Truss” beams in the Match rim, we have been able to add the “super strong” strength of triangles to the internal structure of our rim…The rim is welded and made out of 6061-T6 Aluminum…They will be available in black, blue, chrome, orange & red…Dropping this spring…”

[LINK TO IMAGE]

And the second point. I am starting to realize that Cult is just trying to pump out the best products by the best companies in the game! Yes, they are "re-branding" some of their stuff and whatnot, but so doesn't every company! Cult is one of the only companies i know that advertise it.

Anyways, Cult is becoming big (in my opinion) they are coming out with parts from the best companies around (also in my opinion). ie- FBM, Solid, Primo, ODI, etc. etc.

Cult may be trendy, but i am finally understanding what they are trying to be!

Hate away fellers cheerful

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/25/2012 12:28 PM

i hate how they truely get the credit and i dislike the people involved. i never said there parts suck. just not my taste in image. FBM wouldnt put out a shitty product but if thats the case i might as well buy and fbm.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

1/25/2012 12:35 PM

Just in time for my tax return.

|

Life is like a Penis, simple, soft, straight, relaxed and hanging freely! Then women make it hard,.. \m/

1/25/2012 1:00 PM

Nice might have to pick up a apir of those for my second build {free coaster}

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

1/25/2012 1:09 PM

Lovely it's good to see some origional ideas. Innovations are good in bmx

|

1/25/2012 1:13 PM

I don't like how spread appart the spoke holes are.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/25/2012 1:56 PM

I like their parts a lot.. especially the colors.. the new bars they got coming out look badass in gold.. I can see myself doing a build with those bars, raw frame, and blue wheels.. sweet and nasty!!

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

1/25/2012 1:58 PM

Only different part they have and I wonder how is would change strength, I personally would never run a Cult part just because the brand that it is.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

1/25/2012 2:03 PM

Jèff_Béckförd wrote:

I like their parts a lot.. especially the colors.. the new bars they got coming out look badass in gold.. I can see myself doing a build with those bars, raw frame, and blue wheels.. sweet and nasty!!

What bars? Link?

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

1/25/2012 2:03 PM

wide spoke holes are nothing new lots of rims have wide apart spoke holes....same with the triangle

|

1/25/2012 2:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/25/2012 2:07 PM

Nike iD wrote:

What bars? Link?

These bars.. Oh wait.. that's black chrome.. sorry
|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

1/25/2012 2:19 PM

eskimojay wrote:

wide spoke holes are nothing new lots of rims have wide apart spoke holes....same with the triangle

i personally haven't seen any rims with the triangle structure, but i am sure there are some out and about.

just none to my knowledge. and i wasn't referring to the spoke holes.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

1/25/2012 2:24 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

i personally haven't seen any rims with the triangle structure, but i am sure there are some out and about.

just none to my knowledge. and i wasn't referring to the spoke holes.

hazard lites incorporate that shit

|

1/25/2012 2:41 PM

If using a triangle was all that was required to make a strong rim design everyone else would've done it already.

Besides...

Animal Rim
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/25/2012 2:48 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

hazard lites incorporate that shit

never even thought about that...

sad thing is, i ride a hazard lite blush

|

1/25/2012 2:53 PM

You see now! hahah

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

1/25/2012 4:48 PM

i prefer cross rim lacing, sure its a little tougher to lace up, but the rim is super stiff, in my mind increasing the spoke width does increase stiffness but it doesn't fix the rim in a straight position like cross lacing does.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

1/25/2012 4:51 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

i prefer cross rim lacing, sure its a little tougher to lace up, but the rim is super stiff, in my mind increasing the spoke width does increase stiffness but it doesn't fix the rim in a straight position like cross lacing does.

smart man.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

1/27/2012 2:28 PM

If you don't like cult then you don't like the companies that back them. Plain and simple.
People just hate the image and how they didn't fail when they were supposed to when they took off.
But most importantly they support riders. Look at the face of some conpanies. They stick with a certain. image whether its clean cut or whatever and they run with it. Cult is a brand that appeals to most because they have a variety of riders. Plus they're shit is pretty cheap. Hate all you want they're gonna continue to get big.

|

1/27/2012 3:31 PM

ScramHype wrote:

If you don't like cult then you don't like the companies that back them. Plain and simple.
People just hate the image and how they didn't fail when they were supposed to when they took off.
But most importantly they support riders. Look at the face of some conpanies. They stick with a certain. image whether its clean cut or whatever and they run with it. Cult is a brand that appeals to most because they have a variety of riders. Plus they're shit is pretty cheap. Hate all you want they're gonna continue to get big.

this guys knows where it's at!

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

1/27/2012 4:31 PM

You don't say...

Haha you don't know what Rob is doing out here in Cali. He be hooking up everyone directly from the warehouse. I was over at Vans Skatepark and I snapped my chain. Rob knew who I was so he was like, "got $5" I was like yeah haha. So he told me if I wanted to buy a chain (halflink) and I was like why not? So I went gave him the $5 and he gave me an extra pair of Cult Faith grips in gum, halflink, and some sticker. The stickers are used up already and I will soon put the chain on soon.

Don't believe me? Well...

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/27/2012 4:46 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

You don't say...

Haha you don't know what Rob is doing out here in Cali. He be hooking up everyone directly from the warehouse. I was over at Vans Skatepark and I snapped my chain. Rob knew who I was so he was like, "got $5" I was like yeah haha. So he told me if I wanted to buy a chain (halflink) and I was like why not? So I went gave him the $5 and he gave me an extra pair of Cult Faith grips in gum, halflink, and some sticker. The stickers are used up already and I will soon put the chain on soon.

Don't believe me? Well...

[LINK TO IMAGE]

that's sick! I saw Robbie at the vital game of bike at vans and me and my brother went up to him and told him that my brother's cult got stolen and he was like "He's some brand new cult grips to get you started" lol. Idk why people hate on him so much, he's a chill guy. My friend got a new OS from him for $140 too.

|

1/27/2012 4:50 PM

He supports the community a lot I should say. He said that if I can get to know the crew a lot and ride with 'em more, he can probably give me a shot on the team. But there's too many good riders that Rob knows anyways. Hahaha

|

1/27/2012 4:55 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

He supports the community a lot I should say. He said that if I can get to know the crew a lot and ride with 'em more, he can probably give me a shot on the team. But there's too many good riders that Rob knows anyways. Hahaha

But are they 15 or whatever? .

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

1/27/2012 5:01 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Yeah but he seems to talk to me more often than all the other dudes. Haha he digs my personality.

|

1/27/2012 5:03 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Yeah but he seems to talk to me more often than all the other dudes. Haha he digs my personality.

Exactly.. I meant, if you're even half as good as the cult guys and 15 that's something.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

1/27/2012 5:06 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Exactly.. I meant, if you're even half as good as the cult guys and 15 that's something.

Yeah. I was talking a lot to him lately. We're almost like personal friends..

|

1/27/2012 6:47 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Yeah. I was talking a lot to him lately. We're almost like personal friends..

have you changed your relationship status yet then?

|

1/27/2012 6:48 PM

haha how cute..

|

1/27/2012 7:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2012 7:19 PM

haha, robbo is pretty cool,

he complimented my barspinssmile

|

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit