Starting friendships with other riders

Related:
Create New Tag

10/19/2016 1:21 AM

Hey i have a problem. I dont have anyone to ride with. There are some riders in my area but they are like a group they are one year older than me and go to the same school as i. They don't like new riders cuz we suck and they always bother other new riders. And new riders are small kids who don't want to ride beacuse they won't to learn tricks they only want the bike to look cool. So at the end of the day i don't have anyone to ride with. Some advice?
blush

|

(◑́_◑᷅ )

10/19/2016 4:45 AM

Just ride, you'll meet people worth making friendships with along the way. When I ride my local I end up talking to the little kids more than the other locals. They ride because it's fun so we're more on a similar wavelength haha

|

10/19/2016 5:34 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Just ride, you'll meet people worth making friendships with along the way. When I ride my local I end up talking to the little ...more

Thanks for the advice

|

(◑́_◑᷅ )

10/19/2016 8:05 AM

Most of the time, I ride with beginners or if not beginners, they are not as good as me but I love to teach tricks or give them some advices and ideas of new creative stuffs to do adapted to their skills.
That's what riders do, we help each other to progress all and have fun.
The group of riders you were speaking about seems stupid, we were all beginners at some point. But maybe they are not and you are just overthinking things, some new riders are intimidated when they come to a park and everybody is sending crazy stuffs, but just do your things and you'll be alright.
Tunning kids are funny tho...

|

10/19/2016 9:29 AM

I always go to the park with the idea that I will ride alone. Then, if conversation sparks, it becomes cool to talk. You find out who is cool, who the regulars are. which regulars are cool and which ones are D-bags. The D-bags usually don't come back. I think the key is to not let socialization be the main focus of riding. If you do, then you are allowing outside things to be in control. I feel that comfortable relationships happen when they aren't forced.

the cool thign that happens around here is tha tall of the older riders (25 and older) thend to ride irregularly, but we ALWAYS remember each other and talk when we are there. I also see some of these guys on the MTB trials and will ride there with them. Skill is never a barrier. Many of the younger guys can flare, do 360's w/bar spins etc..and us older guys can't. But we all help each other out and talk shop, as well as other stuff. the only "attitude" comes from the younger kids who are posing..and they tend to stay away from us.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

10/20/2016 12:42 PM

Handjobs, everyone appreciates a good one.

|

10/20/2016 3:00 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

This post right here is why I can't stand the kids these days and why this sport has gone to shit!

|

10/20/2016 3:04 PM

Rose0Bmx wrote:

Hey i have a problem. I dont have anyone to ride with. There are some riders in my area but they are like a group they are one ...more

Dude listen, I've been riding for 20 plus years and can tell you from experience to find good people to ride with man. Guys that'll help you succeed in your riding and be positive. I don't like the scene anymore and keep to myself but I'm in my 30's so I don't send it like I used to. But there good people out there still

|

10/20/2016 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2016 4:13 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

This post right here is why I can't stand the kids these days and why this sport has gone to shit!

and this is why kids don't like old fuckers

|

10/20/2016 4:37 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

seanthemechanic wrote:

Was a joke, and a funny one. Take it easy

|

10/20/2016 7:37 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

seanthemechanic wrote:

No, THIS post right here is why. Laugh a little, he made a joke and you're acting like an old fart who doesn't know how to have fun. Free handjobs for everyone, not your first choice but you'll take it anyway.

|

10/20/2016 8:49 PM

I have a 10 year homie i met through bikes we used to ride every single day and shred street, all the local bikers were like half hick dickhead park rats, whenever you wanted to go down and hit the lines you had to be well aware you were in foreign territory lol. most people in general are dicks and especially in something like bikes where to some it's really about who's 'better' .

try hyping a friend you have who ain't doin nothin into buying a bike and riding lol or just keep doing your thing and see where it takes you. i had a sick ass bike i put tons of time into saving for parts for etc and rode by myself mostly when i was entering into the world of bicycles.

heres some inspiration by from solo bmx internet legend arsenalfalco

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

10/21/2016 4:18 AM

I have a "just because you ride doesn't mean I'll be your friend" mentality. If you want to make friends go introduce yourself and say what's up. Maybe play a game of bike. If you're cool, you might make new friends. If you're not cool you'll just ride alone and cry.

|

It’s all bmx

10/21/2016 6:12 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

seanthemechanic wrote:

420bongblazer wrote:

and this is why kids don't like old fuckers

The feeling is mutual!

|

10/21/2016 6:20 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

seanthemechanic wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

No, THIS post right here is why. Laugh a little, he made a joke and you're acting like an old fart who doesn't know how to ...more

The kid is asking for valid advice because a lot of us have been in his shoes at one time or another. I may be an "old fart," but if making gay claims to a kid instead of helping him out is your definition of "fun," then I'm going to say something. We all have opinions and they're all different. I'm cool! I'm not mad! Relax yourselves, you're allowing my comments to upset you!

|

10/21/2016 6:24 AM

I have four kids myself and I look at things differently

|

10/21/2016 8:07 AM

I don't care about skill level tbh. I just go to a park and ride with whoever is there and cool. I meet new people each time I go to a park. If someone is cool and wanting to learn and not annoying I'll help them out and ride with them.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

10/21/2016 11:19 AM

Spenlard wrote:

I have a 10 year homie i met through bikes we used to ride every single day and shred street, all the local bikers were like ...more

Daaaaamn, I remember this guy. Watched his videos all the time. Completely forgot about him for a couple years.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

10/21/2016 12:59 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

The kid is asking for valid advice because a lot of us have been in his shoes at one time or another. I may be an "old fart," ...more

Sounds like you need a handjob

|