Starting to get demotivated

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2017 11:43 AM

Ok guys I know bmx takes time but I'm starting to get demotivated cause I can't seem to learn anything except bunny hopping on to the deck (and not even that high). Like I can do hip jumps and stuff like that but I can't even attempt a 180 yet and it's been like a month now. Is there any tips you guys can give that would help. I can sort of bunny hop maybe a foot on flat now but I just want to start doing something at the park.

|

Ride till you die

7/12/2017 12:06 PM

Like one WHOLE month?

|

7/12/2017 12:19 PM

Keep working at it man, i sucked for the longest time before I finally started learning how to do things. It took me like a year to do 180s. Try other tricks? And fakies

|

7/12/2017 12:45 PM

Depends on how much time you put in, I maybe ride once a week so probably at same point as you, even just riding around you ARE learning, its just not tricks, its more basic bike control your getting, but it will come, i'm not pushing it either, just don't get demotivated, for me i try to hit the indoor skatepark that's got quarters and halfpipes, bowls etc once a month, i go for the "lesson" session and that way i can get some tips from the instructors, they can correct me on stuff i'm doing wrong, but right now I'm just learning to shorten up my turning circle at the tops of quarters and air out jump box's and quarters, I'm not as bothered about getting the tricks yet, i just want to be able to ride round the park in a smooth line airing over jump boxes and other stuff, but sometimes life gets in the way and i might not make it or ride for a couple of weeks.

|

7/12/2017 1:01 PM

Well I usually get a hour in every day 2 on my days off, I am almost clearing the box when I jump it but that's all I got lol. And yes a whole month. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I am not getting the air I need to perform a trick. I am almost able to manual now. I will keep trying and hope I learn something soon.

|

Ride till you die

7/12/2017 1:19 PM

Your obviously doing something very wrong, everybody else was able to tailwhip flat and do flairs after 2 weeks. True story.

|

7/12/2017 1:28 PM

Well I am not looking for big tricks but I feel like I should be able to least jump on a ledge by now

|

Ride till you die

7/12/2017 4:40 PM

Keep putting in seat time. You gotta earn it. Then when you get a trick it feels so good. I've been riding for a year now and have only landed a handful of 180s. So progression takes time and dedication. Enjoy your

|

7/12/2017 4:47 PM

Ice Cold wrote:

Keep putting in seat time. You gotta earn it. Then when you get a trick it feels so good. I've been riding for a year now and have only landed a handful of 180s. So progression takes time and dedication. Enjoy your

This .... you gotta earn it , bmx skill doesn't come easy , if you want something easy I'd say get a scooter but there's already too many of those damn things around , just keep putting in work and start setting goals , once you feel the feeling of accomplishing a goal your motivation will rise , I tried my first backflip at 13 and got destroyed , finally landed my first flips last weekend took me 13 years to get , all I can say is hard work pays off

|

7/12/2017 6:19 PM

Well I did get a boost today as I pulled a mini manual and jump off the quarter onto the mini ramp also got some decent bunny hops in so my motivation is back up

|

Ride till you die