Stem, Bars and hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2012 6:22 PM

I'm trying to build my dream bike and I can't seem to pick out the perfect stem, bars and hubs. I picked out every part already and everything looks solid so far. I just can't find a good stem, bars and hubs without someone saying, my friend snapped that, or my bars slip etc..

So I've had a few things I ran into:

Stem: Colony official, Premium sub 10v2, Primo Aneyerlator 2 and the S&M redneck.
Bars: Kink Human, Mutiny Glamroid, WTP OD
Hubs: Profile Mini's 3/8 front 14mm back, Animal Javelins, Shadow Raptors, Gsports.

Please feel free to suggest better options than the ones listed above. Btw, I ride street and park mostly and a tiny bit of dirt at times if that helps. I also runs pegs and love grinding. I greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

|

9/8/2012 6:24 PM

if we told you what parts to get then it wouldn't be YOUR dream bike, it would be ours and i'll bet you'll see about 50 different things people will suggest you buy.

|

9/8/2012 6:26 PM

Deffinitely get the Primo or Premium stem, Mutiny Glamroids, and Javelins for sure.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/8/2012 6:26 PM

Redneck stem
Glamroid Bars
Shadow Hubs

|

9/8/2012 6:28 PM

And animal just came out with hub guards for the javelins and they're supposed to be amazing. I've heard a lot about them from pros. I'm getting the front guard soon.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/8/2012 6:28 PM

sbc785 wrote:

if we told you what parts to get then it wouldn't be YOUR dream bike, it would be ours and i'll bet you'll see about 50 different things people will suggest you buy.

I understand that, but peoples input helps aswell, I just want to know what will last and feel better for me. I'm fairly tall (6'3) and as I said I like to ride with pegs, mostly street and trails.

|

9/8/2012 6:31 PM

Fad3r wrote:

Redneck stem
Glamroid Bars
Shadow Hubs

Gross, shadow hubs are really over rated.

|

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/8/2012 6:35 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

I thought profiles are overrated, I think they're good but over priced what do you think?

|

9/8/2012 6:40 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

Photo
|

9/8/2012 7:08 PM

Animal remix
Kink Humans
Animal Javelins

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/8/2012 7:11 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Animal remix
Kink Humans
Animal Javelins

Thanks, I don't really like the remix though it needs a 52-53 mm reach.

|

9/8/2012 7:17 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

And animal just came out with hub guards for the javelins and they're supposed to be amazing. I've heard a lot about them from pros. I'm getting the front guard soon.

Is the front guard out yet? And I know that Mike Hoder rides Javelin's and he does pegless grinds with them.

|

9/8/2012 7:22 PM

Fad3r wrote:

Redneck stem
Glamroid Bars
Shadow Hubs

FreddyDapice wrote:

Fad3r wrote: Photo

I fuckin love that movie!! Classic...

|

Refs~ scamhype x 3, pikachu, kroller, Ivan, kingcitybikeco, powerhouse, and traded w/ Jr Faw &Kevin Burnette
Sold 24" complete to some kid on here Chris....something I think.

9/8/2012 7:42 PM

I would get a profile push stem
some WTP everlite 4 bars
and profile minis
smile

|

9/8/2012 8:14 PM

S&M
Glamroid
Gsports

|

uuuuuuuuhhhh

9/8/2012 8:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2012 8:34 PM

Hoder bars, primo stem and profile hubs

|

Refs:
ac~handley -les.cheek - the_bmxist -Skids007(x4) - Roqfan - jared42069 - Bmxnick2511

9/8/2012 11:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2012 11:23 PM

...Animal Hubs are definitely the overrated hubs here.
Stem: FL Premium Sub-10 V2 TL Profile Push
Bars: Mutiny Glamroids
Hubs: Profile

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

9/8/2012 11:18 PM

Bsd Giraffic bars or mutiny
S&m, fit, or profile stem
Profiles

|

9/9/2012 7:23 AM

Okay thanks guys I'm getting profile hubs and mutiny glamroids. Still can't decide on the stem though, I'm surprised no one suggested the Colony Official.

|

9/9/2012 7:25 AM

Fresh Bmx wrote:

Okay thanks guys I'm getting profile hubs and mutiny glamroids. Still can't decide on the stem though, I'm surprised no one suggested the Colony Official.

Colony stuff is overpriced In my opinion. i have their topload stem but i got it in a trade so i didnt pay for it, its holding strong still.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

9/9/2012 8:42 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Colony stuff is overpriced In my opinion. i have their topload stem but i got it in a trade so i didnt pay for it, its holding strong still.

Yeah that's true. Who pays $82.99 for a god damn stem!? It should be $69.99.

|

9/9/2012 9:52 AM

Fresh Bmx wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Fresh Bmx wrote:

I'm running a Premium Sub 10 V2 currently. You should get it cause the stem bolts hold really nice. It might just be my stem, but the bolts hold onto the faceplate itself and its like the stem has threads before the bolt actually goes in. So yeah, thats 2x clamping force for you. :D

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/9/2012 9:56 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I'm running a Premium Sub 10 V2 currently. You should get it cause the stem bolts hold really nice. It might just be my stem, but the bolts hold onto the faceplate itself and its like the stem has threads before the bolt actually goes in. So yeah, thats 2x clamping force for you. :D

What are you talking about the stem bolts are the worst part of the stem, from what I heard and saw.

|

9/9/2012 10:14 AM

Fresh Bmx wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Fresh Bmx wrote:

What are you talking about the stem bolts are the worst part of the stem, from what I heard and saw.

Huh.... never thought about that.. If not, get the Odyssey Tomahawk or Lincoln if you're a rich guy.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/9/2012 10:19 AM

I had a Premium a little over 10 months, i have a huge problem with snapping/cracking stems i don't know why but, i do. that being said the Premium was definitely the most solid front load I've ever had and i just ordered another recently, like Friday? if you want topload get a Profile Push, i have one on my street bike right now and it's awesome, on my trail bike i ride Profile 40 that's also amazing but, doesn't feel as amazing on street as it does on the trails.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

9/9/2012 10:26 AM

animal parts

|

9/9/2012 10:29 AM

ComplicatedStreetBmx wrote:

animal parts

no.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

9/9/2012 10:30 AM

Me? wrote:

I had a Premium a little over 10 months, i have a huge problem with snapping/cracking stems i don't know why but, i do. that being said the Premium was definitely the most solid front load I've ever had and i just ordered another recently, like Friday? if you want topload get a Profile Push, i have one on my street bike right now and it's awesome, on my trail bike i ride Profile 40 that's also amazing but, doesn't feel as amazing on street as it does on the trails.

Why are you getting another one? IMO a stem should last longer than 10 months.

|

9/9/2012 10:33 AM

Fresh Bmx wrote:

Why are you getting another one? IMO a stem should last longer than 10 months.

Well, cause i traded the old one for my Profile Push but, i want another one. The one i owned is on it's 4th owner and is going about 1 1/2 years strong.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

9/9/2012 10:41 AM

Me? wrote:

Well, cause i traded the old one for my Profile Push but, i want another one. The one i owned is on it's 4th owner and is going about 1 1/2 years strong.

okay how does look: Profile mini's, Mutiny Glamroids, Premium sub 10 V2 FL

|