Stem Talk

Related:
Create New Tag

6/8/2013 9:56 AM

What are the main differences between stem length(49MM-55M)?

|

6/8/2013 10:39 AM

one is 6mm longer than the other. bars would be farther forward.

|

6/8/2013 10:39 AM

It's called reach for a reason. Longer reach is farther from you and smaller reach is closer. Smaller is on a smaller axis and is closer to centralized on barspins but longer reach spins on a wider axis

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/8/2013 12:57 PM

The 49 will be twitchier than the 55 when you turn. In that range though for me the feeling isn't a huge difference. I just went from a challenger with 49mm reach to a Tomahawk stem with 53mm reach and i can't really tell a whole lot of a difference.

|

6/8/2013 3:20 PM

longer stem lets you lay your bars back without making your TT feel short. Easier nose manuals also? 50 mm is pretty standard., its all just fine tuning really

|

In midschool bike rides you.

6/8/2013 3:45 PM

That's actually a huge difference.. at least for me it is.. 6.35 mm is a quarter inch and even just going from my freeze to my fit bf, which is only a 4mm reach difference, it always feels weird for a while.. even if i run more spacers with the bf, to get the same rise.. the shorter reach feels nice, though, with an extra long top tube.. i absolutely love a 21.25 tt with a 48 mm stem.

|

Stupidity, outrage, vanity, cruelty, iniquity, bad faith, falsehood - we fail to see the whole array when it is facing in the same direction as we.
-- Jean Rostand

6/8/2013 4:32 PM

Ok so I'm going to possibly buy the s&m enduro stem. Its a top load let me know if i should get this stem or get something better?

|

6/8/2013 4:38 PM

EasternBmx303 wrote:

Ok so I'm going to possibly buy the s&m enduro stem. Its a top load let me know if i should get this stem or get something better?

Sunday Freeze is the best cheap stem.

|

6/8/2013 4:47 PM

EasternBmx303 wrote:

S&M makes sick stems. Go for it.

|

6/8/2013 7:29 PM

greenbastard wrote:

one is 6mm longer than the other. bars would be farther forward.

this

|

6/9/2013 6:42 AM

EasternBmx303 wrote:

The enduro is a badass stem, cant go wrong there.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em