Stem problem

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2016 2:17 PM

Alright so I wanted to repaint my bike. I'm trying to take the stem off and I think the bolt on the side is stripped. I try to unscrew it and the Allen key keeps slipping. How would I go about to getting this out, so I can take the stem and all off?Photo

|

8/10/2016 3:19 PM

It sounds likes it's pretty badly stripped if it just spins when you try to turn it. You can usually at least take the bolt out. Might be time for a new stem

|

8/10/2016 4:00 PM

Eastern?

Sometimes you can tap a size larger Allen into it, or use a thin flathead screwdriver WITH the current allen.

Are you using a metric allen?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/10/2016 4:14 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Eastern?

Sometimes you can tap a size larger Allen into it, or use a thin flathead screwdriver WITH the current allen.

Are you using a metric allen?

Yeah, Eastern Element

Yeah I am.

|

8/13/2016 10:08 AM

What I've seen some life hack but I've never tried is to put a small amount of duct tape inside the stripped bolt and it should turn

|

8/13/2016 10:10 AM

|

8/13/2016 11:39 AM

TD_BMX_16 wrote:

What I've seen some life hack but I've never tried is to put a small amount of duct tape inside the stripped bolt and it should turn

Worth a shot, thanks!

|